X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
      They were just among the 32 movies expiring over this week. For some reason the Jesus movies got hit.
      I'm sure FOX News will make something of that.

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
      I've seen Jesus of Nazareth, but when you say full version does that mean something else?
      There is an 'edited-down' (from the original over six hour length) version ...I wasn't sure which one you were familiar with.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abin Surly View Post
        There is an 'edited-down' (from the original over six hour length) version ...I wasn't sure which one you were familiar with.
        It might've been. It's been years.

My favorite Jesus movie moment is The Greatest Story Ever Told when John Wayne plays the Centurion and gives the most deadpan reading ever for "truly this man was the son of God." It's hilarious (and I say that as a John Wayne fan). I couldn't find a short clip of it, but it's here at 9:26:

+ YouTube Video
        ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Comment

• Yo.

rather predictable, but not a bad popcorner overall; good for a date flick I think.

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
          Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

When I first saw this, I had fucking nightmares.

Comment

• This was better than I expected.

Originally posted by Iggy View Post
              When I first saw this, I had fucking nightmares.
              This was the first time I've seen it, all the way through, anyway. When it came out, I was a little kid and it was that controversial movie people talked about.

Comment

• Comment

My favorite Jesus movie moment is The Greatest Story Ever Told when John Wayne plays the Centurion and gives the most deadpan reading ever for "truly this man was the son of God." It's hilarious (and I say that as a John Wayne fan).
                  I wonder how many takes they had to do of his scene because he kept sticking the word "pilgrim" at the end.

Comment

• " He who does not punish evil commands it to be done."-Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

This was better than I expected.
                      Sofia Coppola makes great movies. Never doubt her.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abin Surly View Post
                        I wonder how many takes they had to do of his scene because he kept sticking the word "pilgrim" at the end.
                        Didn't know what to do without a horse under him.

Originally posted by W.West View Post
                        Sofia Coppola makes great movies. Never doubt her.
                        I've only seen this and Lost in Translation with her at the helm but I like both a lot.

Comment

• Better than I'd heard, but certainly not great (or even as good as #1). It relies too much on #1 as a formula, but the main characters were fairly interesting.

Comment

Working...
                          X