Larfleeze #1 *Preview/Spoilers*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave View Post
    I did and Red Lanterns keeps mocking my predictions by it's continued existence. Every month is like a middle finger at me from that wretched book!
    Maybe you should start using Blood Magic for your predictions.

Comment

What to say? It was neither as bad as I thought it might be nor all that good. I have to agree that seeing Larfleeze's origin is kind of a shame. All the mystery is gone (we even know his species now). However, that bit wasn't done badly. I particularly liked him actually finding the battery.

Comment

Terrible book. Larfleeze's origin? It's only been hinted at 3 or 5 times in the other GL books. His narrator's guess that Larfleeze is somehow powering his ring himself? Lame.

There needs to be a huge retcon of Sayd's death and Larfleeze destroying his own stuff, including the Orange Power Battery, with some coordinated storytelling between this and the main GL title or else this is going to become all a dream by Larfleeze in the last comic published.

Comment

Well from peoples reviews on it, I'm very glad I've not bought it.

From the looks of it, Larfleeze will probably be the closest thing DC has to Deadpool.
          Originally posted by IonFan
          (even if the ear sucking helped get me off faster)
          Originally posted by Big Daddy Caesar
          If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
          Originally posted by Quaker
          I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.

Comment

Originally posted by Deadpool View Post
            Well from peoples reviews on it, I'm very glad I've not bought it.

From the looks of it, Larfleeze will probably be the closest thing DC has to Deadpool.
            Tee hee glad Im not the only one who thinks so

Comment

lol
              Originally posted by IonFan
              (even if the ear sucking helped get me off faster)
              Originally posted by Big Daddy Caesar
              If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
              Originally posted by Quaker
              I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.

Comment

Eh..I'm going to let this develop over the next couple of years before buying any of it. I *might* pick up a variant cover if I see one for a great price, but that's it.
                Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

Review. It's poop. http://indigotribe.wordpress.com/201...1/larfleeze-1/
                  The last fan of 1990s comics
                  Read my Green Lantern blog The Indigo Tribe

Comment

^I forgot about Ogatoo (though I had a vague, subconscious feeling the name was retconned). I definitely thought about the inconsistency of his family life. When last we heard about them, Larfleeze was pleased that his beloved family might be alive and they strongly implied that his separation from his loving relatives was what drove him to be so despicable. Now, we find out he never had that.

Comment

I was impressed! Didn't think it would be as good as it was....though I do wonder how many issues they can realistically get from Larfleeze. Then again, Red Lanterns has proved sceptics wrong, so maybe this title will do well also.
                      “You were electrocuted by a Giant Moth. That kind of thing will scramble your brain right good." -- Boxer (in Godzilla #6)

Comment

I quite enjoy it, and probably enjoy the 2 arcs they'll make before the inevitable cancel. It could be that I'm in a strange spell where I'm so used to Geoff's style that any lantern book with differences doesn't matter to me anymore, so any change in origin I just didn't mind. I like the look of the cosmic badguy, and the tease of other orange lanterns chaining Larfleeze up down the line seems interesting too.

Sidenote, I'd have to look back, but is it also possible that the panels are the things Stargrave was imagining? Either way I'm going for the nice ride while it lasts.

Comment

The birth sequence was a little much, but at least we know he's mammalian. Believe Giffen and DeMatteis are treating the opportunity as a great cosmic joke, and the satire falls flat due to Kolins' art. Credits reminiscent of a Mel Brooks movie, the best part. Looking forward to next issue, but doubt anything will top the Christmas one-shot of a few years back for character development.

The power of will is found at the deepest level of your being. It's more than mere rules. It's a duty that you must honor.

Comment

This issue threw out all of Larfleeze's previous character development.

Comment

Is there really going to BE character development for Larfleeze? He's a muppet with a ring. I see a string of silly misadventures starring Larfleeze that will border self parody.

Comment

There was plenty before. No excuse to ditch it now. Remember, he was never designed to be a muppet with a ring. That came later.

Comment

Working...
                                X