No announcement yet.

Horror Cinema

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well that's what they're doing, the movies will all be standalone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypo View Post
      Well that's what they're doing, the movies will all be standalone.
      Yep. So, I should've read beyond the first sentence?
      Space Cop
      The Dandy
      Last edited by Space Cop; 03-11-2020, 03:19 AM.

Comment

• To heck with it. Stand alone movies work for me if they are all as good as the Invisible man.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker View Post
          To heck with it. Stand alone movies work for me if they are all as good as the Invisible man.
          Was it good? I didn't get to it and now I don't know when I'll be back in a cinema (hoping at least the early June anniversary showing of The Shining is still on).

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
            Was it good? I didn't get to it and now I don't know when I'll be back in a cinema (hoping at least the early June anniversary showing of The Shining is still on).
            I loved it. I went in cringing a bit half expecting another "all men suck" film, but this really wasn't aimed at all men. Just one bad man. And for me it worked as a psychological thriller. I have a few misgivings about the movie logic and how the invisible man is able to get from place to place, but I can overlook them as minor quibbles in what was a pretty enjoyable film for me. I plan on buying the bluray.

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
              Due to the Coronavirus situation Universal released a few movies, including Invisible Man, on demand.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypo View Post
                Due to the Coronavirus situation Universal released a few movies, including Invisible Man, on demand.
                Thanks, but if I'm going to watch it on the small screen, I may as well wait to buy it and keep it when it hits BD.

Comment

• Yeah, just buy it Space Cop. IMO it's worth owning.

Comment

• Rewatching Re-Animator (R.I.P. Stuart Gordon) yet again and I keep turning around in my head ‘did Herbert West kill Rufus the cat?’

Comment

• Comment

• I imagine a hockey mask would work, too.

Comment

• Nah, a hockey mask will just make the resident stone think you're an upset goalie.
                          Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• https://houseofmysterioussecrets.com/pre-orders/

Y'all motherfuckers need to buy these masks. I just preordered the Pennywise (2017) one.
                            Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• Today marks the 40th anniversary of Friday the 13th and hence (although he's only a child and probably only a dream) of Jason.

Comment

• THR: 'Wolfman' Movie in the Works with Ryan Gosling
                                Ryan Gosling is getting into the Universal monsters business. The actor is circling a Wolfman movie for the studio, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.

Lauren Schuker Blum and Rebecca Angelo penned the script, which is intended to be a starring vehicle for Gosling. The move comes after the studio saw a hit earlier this year by reviving one of its other monster properties, The Invisible Man, which starred Elizabeth Moss and was produced by Blumhouse.

Blum, who is married to Blumhouse's Jason Blum, and Angelo previously wrote on Netflix's Orange is the New Black. No director is currently attached to The Wolfman, one of multiple movies based on Universal's stable of classic monsters in the works. Others include Elizabeth Banks' The Invisible Woman, Karyn Kusama's Dracula, the Dracula-themed Renfield from Dexter Fletcher and Dark Army, which has Paul Feig attached to helm.

The Wolfman follows in the legacy of 1941's The Wolf Man, which starred Lon Chaney Jr. as a man who becomes a werewolf. The actor would play the role multiple times. Benicio del Toro also starred in the 2010 remake The Wolfman.

Gosling, who is repped by CAA, is also attached to star in the astronaut thriller Project Hail Mary for MGM and to be directed by Phil Lord and Chris Miller.

Comment

Working...
                                X