CW's Crisis on Infinite Earths

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CW's Crisis on Infinite Earths

Deadline: “Arrow” Final Season: Episode 8 Crosses Over, 9 and 10 Provide “Proper Finale,” Producers Say – TCA
    At today’s TCA panel on Arrow’s much ballyhooed final season, the panelists – stars Stephen Amell and David Ramsey, EPs Beth Schwartz and Marc Guggenheim – added no details to the day’s earlier news about the CW looking for another title for next season set in the Arrowverse, as well as a possible spinoff.

Producers and stars confirmed earlier comments from CW President Mark Pedowitz that they were ending the show because they believe it has reached a natural conclusion. “We didn’t want to be that show that stays too long at the party,” Guggenheim said.

Schwartz said that in anticipation of the final season, Season 7 wrapped up “the show as people have understood it, I think it ended in our Season 7 finale.” She described the final 10 episodes as “greatest hits” with frequent returning guests and “tying up stories you could have seen in Season 2 or 3.” “(They are) fundamentally different. The episodes are events,” she said.

Guggenheim identified Episode 8 (808) as the previously -announced crossover episode with its fellow DC series, which Guggenheim is writing with Marv Wolfman.

After the session, Guggenheim said the final two episodes will not connect with Episode 8. “Episode 9 is very specific, we know exactly what happens in it” although it is too early to reveal details, he said. Episode 10 will be “a proper series finale,” he added.

Schwartz confirmed guest casting discussions happening across the DC universe but that crossover casting remains incomplete and producers ere not ready to reveal any more return visits or final casting for Season 8.

After the session, Guggenheim confirmed discussions with DC and Warner Bros. about a Lynda Carter return, but said he did not think that would happen. However, in a discussion with reporters after the session, he complained mildly about rumors spawned by “illegitimate outlet” Cosmic Book News when it announced that Carter as Wonder Woman and Tom Welling’s Superman were definitely cast for Season 8.

“I don’t ever comment on casting, but it always vexes me if an illegitimate outlet just makes up stuff,” he said.
    EW: Brandon Routh returns as Superman for Crisis on Infinite Earths Arrowverse crossover
    To handle something called a Crisis on Infinite Earths, the architects of the Arrowverse are bringing in not one, but two Supermen for the upcoming crossover event.

Brandon Routh, who starred as DC’s Man of Steel in Bryan Singer’s Superman Returns film in 2006, will again don the crimson cape as the iconic character in Crisis on Infinity Earths, EW has learned. Now, Routh already stars on DC’s Legends of Tomorrow as Ray Palmer/The Atom, so how will this work, especially when Tyler Hoechlin plays Superman in the Arrowverse on The CW?

Here’s how… Both Routh and Hoechlin will play two versions of Superman, each from a different time frame.

“Honored, humbled, grateful, and still pinching myself,” Routh tweeted of his big reveal.

Deadline was the first to report the news.

Crisis on Infinite Earths, based on the DC Comics universe-changing storyline of the same name, will play out across Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, DC’s Legends of Tomorrow, and the upcoming Batwoman series (starring Ruby Rose in the title role). The five-hour event will air over two months: three episodes in December and two in January 2020.

The Flash executive producer Eric Wallace told EW of the show’s forthcoming October premiere, “We found really unique ways to make the season fresh that we never expected, thanks to Crisis. This season is really divided up in a way that the episodes before the crossover are pre-Crisis episodes. Then the back half of the season is all about dealing with the fallout from the events of Crisis.”

The Flash, Supergirl, Arrow, and Batwoman will air this fall on The CW.
    The Wrap: ‘Crisis on Infinite Earths’ Crossover Adds ‘Black Lightning’ and Bruce Wayne
    “Black Lightning” is finally joining the “Arrowverse.”

The upcoming “Crisis on Infinite Earths” crossover will feature characters from “Black Lightning,” making their first appearance as part The CW’s larger shared universe that includes “Arrow,” “The Flash” and “Supergirl,” the network announced Sunday morning during the Television Critics Association press tour.

Additionally, Kevin Conroy will make an appearance on the five-hour event as Batman himself: Bruce Wayne. Conroy, who is well known for providing the voice for the Caped Crusader in “Batman: The Animated Series” and “Batman Beyond,” will appear as Bruce Wayne from the future.

As previously announced, “Crisis on Infinite Earths” will also feature Brandon Routh as an alternative version of Superman (along with his “Legends of Tomorrow” role as Ray Palmer/The Atom) and Burt Ward in an unknown role. Ward played Robin in the 1960s “Batman” TV show with Adam West.

The network also unveiled the rollout schedule, which will begin Dec. 8 with “Supergirl.” That will be followed by “Batwoman” and “The Flash” on Dec. 9 and 10, respectively. “Crisis on Infinite Earths” will wrap up on Jan. 14 with “Arrow” — airing its series finale — and “DC’s Legends of Tomorrow” going back-to-back.

The “Crisis on Infinite Earths” crossover, one of DC Comics most famous storylines, will be The CW’s biggest. It will span five hours across all five “Arrowverse” shows, including newcomer “Batwoman,” and carry over the midseason break. It’s expected to be the last appearance for Stephen Amell’s Oliver Queen/Arrow, whose own series is ending its run after eight seasons.

Created by Marv Wolfman and George Perez, “Crisis on Infinite Earths” was a best-selling 12-issue series running from 1985 to 1986 that replaced the DC multiverse, which since 1961’s “The Flash of Two Worlds” had explained the company’s varying and contradictory continuities, with a single streamlined universe and a complete reboot of most DC characters. It was a critical hit and a best-seller for DC and is credited with popularizing the idea of large-scale crossovers in comics.

In the series, The Anti-Monitor, the evil counterpart of The Monitor (played by LaMonica Garrett in the “Arrowverse”), attempts to destroy all of the different universes with the goal of becoming the sole ruler of whatever is left. He’s eventually foiled but at a staggering cost: The surviving five universes are merged into one, and a huge number of classic DC characters are killed off, seemingly for good — including both Supergirl and Barry Allen/The Flash.
    Hypo
    Lil' Leaguer
    Last edited by Hypo; 08-05-2019, 11:09 PM.

Comment

^I'd love to see Conroy in live action, but I don't watch any of these shows, so it seems pointless to tune in for it.

+ YouTube Video
      ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
      Space Cop
      The Dandy
      Last edited by Space Cop; 08-06-2019, 01:03 AM.

Comment

I watched half a season of Arrow and a bit over one season of Flash, and I seriously consider catching up for this.

Comment

this is gonna be epic, hope we can get to see atleast one GL in it

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

Well, it's not going to be Reynolds. So who would it be? Matthew Settle?

Comment

I'm all the way caught up (beyond Supergirl, which I really tried my damndest to power through a year ago... I just couldn't make it) with all things, so very much looking forward to this.

I think the people really getting excited about this character or that character showing up are probably setting themselves up for disappointment.

Comment

I've already given up on everything but Flash, and that's hanging by a thread. If this crossover requires me to be up to date on any of the other shows, it may just be the thing that makes me give up entirely.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
                  I've already given up on everything but Flash, and that's hanging by a thread. If this crossover requires me to be up to date on any of the other shows, it may just be the thing that makes me give up entirely.
                  I suspect the genesis of it is for the opposite reason... i.e., it's going to be designed for casual fans, or people who have never seen any Arrowverse episodes.

Which they need to, apparently... all of the Arrowverse shows' ratings are in the toilet.

Arrow:

Season 1 averaged 3.7 million in ratings
                  Season 2 averaged 3.3 million in ratings
                  Season 3 averaged 3.5 million in ratings
                  Season 4 averaged 2.9 million in ratings
                  Season 5 averaged 2.2 million in ratings
                  Season 6 averaged 1.8 million in ratings
                  Season 7 averaged 1.2 million in ratings

Flash:

Season 1 averaged 4.6 million in ratings
                  Season 2 averaged 4.3 million in ratings
                  Season 3 averaged 3.5 million in ratings
                  Season 4 averaged 3.0 million in ratings
                  Season 5 averaged 1.7 million in ratings

Legends of Tomorrow:

Season 1 averaged 3.2 million in ratings
                  Season 2 averaged 2.6 million in ratings
                  Season 3 averaged 2.2 million in ratings
                  Season 4 averaged 0.9 million in ratings

Supergirl:

Season 1 averaged 9.8 million viewers.
                  Season 2 averaged 3.1 million viewers.
                  Season 3 averaged 2.8 million viewers.

Supergirl, season 4?

0.9 million viewers.

Black Lightning averaged about 1.5 million for season 1, and the last half of season 2 was pulling 0.9s and 0.8s. And there might not be a Legends of Tomorrow still around to ship Supergirl off to if she loses her show.

Kind of seems like the whole CW verse is in jeopardy.

Comment

I jumped off Flash a few seasons ago. The writing was just awful. And that has always been by far the best of these shows. ButI will probably watch all 5 parts of this Crisis crossover for nostalgic reasons, mixed with morbid curiosity.

Comment

How are other shows doing? Is this just a symptom of people cutting cord and waiting for the whole season to be bingeable on Netflix?

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Heide View Post
                        How are other shows doing? Is this just a symptom of people cutting cord and waiting for the whole season to be bingeable on Netflix?
                        Could be... but if you look at all of the Arrowverse shows, it's like a freefall. At the current trajectory, most of the Arrowverse shows will be pulling 0.5s next season... yikes!

Comment

Taken from here: https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/c...eason-ratings/

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker View Post
                            I jumped off Flash a few seasons ago. The writing was just awful.
                            Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

Originally posted by IonFan View Post
                              this is gonna be epic, hope we can get to see atleast one GL in it
                              Well, it's not going to be Reynolds. So who would it be? Matthew Settle?
                              Based on revelations made during Arrow season 7, we've actually had a GL in the Arrowverse since Arrow's pilot episode.

In the Elseworlds crossover, Earth-90 Flash (the Flash from the ill fated 1990 TV show) saw John Diggle and said, "John! It's so good to see you! Where's your ring?" Later in the season they double down on this when it is revealed that John's step-father is a one General Stewart, thus making it official that John Diggle has actually been an Elseworlds John Stewart all along.

As such, it is highly likely that we will see a John, ring on hand, full blown GL during the Crisis event. Whether it's Diggle getting a ring, himself, or just another version of him from the multiverse coming to help is the only real question.
                              Do good. Be well. Make happy.

Comment

Working...
                              X