The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Green Lanternverse > Sector 0
FLASHCHAT

Sector 0

Old 07-25-2020, 02:47 PM   #26
Trey Strain
Guardian of the Universe

Dan DiDio is gone, and I think he was the one who was pushing "everything but white males" on small kids, which was a complete waste of resources. Such things might get rethought now, especially as they cause the further enriching of Johns.
Trey Strain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 03:02 PM   #27
JohnMc
Weaponer of Qward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
Dan DiDio is gone, and I think he was the one who was pushing "everything but white males" on small kids, which was a complete waste of resources. Such things might get rethought now, especially as they cause the further enriching of Johns.
When Guy is making regular appearances in a book again I'll believe it. The collapse of sales hasn't made Marvel re think that strategy so I doubt DC will either.
JohnMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 05:37 PM   #28
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

I'm still looking forward to a time when John's grubby fingerprints aren't still visibly all over the GL franchise.
Old 07-25-2020, 08:43 PM   #29
JohnMc
Weaponer of Qward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker View Post
I'm still looking forward to a time when John's grubby fingerprints aren't still visibly all over the GL franchise.
That would take a colossal universal reboot for that to happen.

Anybody know what the douche has been up to besides not making his deadlines or being able to fuck up the GLC with his movie script?
JohnMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 01:38 AM   #30
Michael Heide
Heide Finition

His Three Jokers starts this month. Or maybe it's out already. I wouldn't know. Ever since UCS took over from Diamond, I haven't received a single shipment.
Michael Heide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 03:31 AM   #31
Big Blue Lantern
Corps Honor Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMc View Post
She's not going anywhere. She's a pivotal face in the DC Girls show and merchandise line. Being partially created by EVS wasn't enough of the woke brigade at DC to erase her so nothing Johns can do will have her erased.
The XM statue is a good indicator that she's resonating with adults as well as kids. It carries a $600 price tag, so there had to be some solid market research that it was going to sell before putting out such a premium piece.

Moreover, even if there is something particularly egregious to Ray Fisher's accusations (and I highly doubt much heat comes GJ's way), that doesn't mean that DC would shed his characters/concepts with GL. Despite her dubious beginning, Arisia is still around 39 years later after her creation. If that's the case, issues like EVS's Comicsgate comments and the conditions on the set of the JL movies aren't going to cause DC to cut ties with narrative elements that will still make money for the company.