Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Gamer Thread Vol. 5 (General Gaming News & Discussion)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
    she was in the factions trailer. also im guessing the guy with the bow is fujin
    no fujin, new character.

Comment

• Originally posted by Booster Beetle View Post
      Lame
      Who cares about Johnny, they should reveal Mileena
      But I want to crotch punch.

Comment

• Originally posted by chosenone85 View Post
        no fujin, new character.
        thats fine because more new kharachters the better imo

curious to see if bowman will play like ollie in injustice because that feels like a glove to me
        .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

• .................................................. ..........................

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
            But I want to crotch punch.
            Cassie punches crotches

Comment

• Originally posted by Booster Beetle View Post
              Cassie punches crotches
              she makes testies explode for her xray....... seriously look that up on youtube

Comment

Fuck Mileena.
                I'm shocked Chosen, I thought you only liked black chicas

Comment

Fuck Mileena.
                  yea pass. fucking a chick with teeth like that no thanks

Comment

• I now have a Black Knight Sword in Dark Souls. It's helluva sweet and powerful (220 base damage, +1 upgrade deals 245). It takes 20 strength and 18 dexterity to one-hand, and it's a little slow, but I like it. Also does a bit of extra damage to demon-type enemies.

I'm also pleased to learn that you can level your character past 100, meaning I can have a truly powerhouse character by the end of the game and into new game plus, which will really help.

edit:
                    Bought all of Laurentius's spells and Griggs's spells, though I still need to level the Pyromancy fully and buy both Dragoncrest rings. The latter two will take a good while, since each costs 20k souls, and leveling the Pyromancy will be expensive enough as it is. Will also need to store up nearly 30k souls to purchase all of Petrus's spells, and this isn't even accounting for Rhea or Logan.
                    Agent Purple
                    The Illustrated Man
                    Last edited by Agent Purple; 03-02-2015, 02:40 AM.
                    Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• So I finished Zelda: The Minish Cap this morning and the final boss was really hard! He had 3 forms and there is no save state between the fights. I tried to finish him for 90 minutes yesterday until I rage quit. Boss fights used to be hard and not some boring QTEs.

I didn't get anywhere near my goal of finishing 4 games. I'm well in the 2nd half of Metro: Last Light (not as good as the first Metro game) and I'll keep working on my backlog.

So, what should I play next on my GBA? I have
                      - Golden Sun 1+2
                      - Final Fantasy V

in my backlog.
                      SocializingMogo
                      Corps Honor Guard
                      Last edited by SocializingMogo; 03-02-2015, 09:01 AM.

Comment

• so i unlocked beta ray bill from spec ops also got enchantress and 1 cover away from having the destroyer and angela is the current pvp award.

TazzMission
                        Guardian of the Universe
                        Last edited by TazzMission; 03-06-2015, 05:06 PM.

Comment

• in an interview with Game Crate, NetherRealms senior producer Adam Urbano konfirmed that Johnny Cage is joining the fighters kast of MKX. He also alluded to the likelihood of Kenshi's inclusion on the roster. A recent screen shot from the mobile version of Mortal Kombat X includes returning MK universe kharacter Kenshi, fueling speculation he may also appear in the konsole version.

http://www.ign.com/wikis/mortal-kombat-10/Fighters

Comment

• I've been in an MK mood in anticipation of X and after replaying IX's story (twice) and all the ladders, I switched back to MK vs. DC, but man do I hate the gameplay on that one. I suck at the fall-transitions and I hate that the grabs can just as easily be used by your opponent.

Comment

• So I entered Darkroot Forest to join the Forest Hunter covenant and, being online to maintain an official timeline for my trophies and because I was still human from the Moonlight Butterfly boss fight, I was constantly invaded by Forest Hunter covenant members.

I disconnected the first few times, though that quickly becomes a huge pain in the ass since the game takes you right back to the starting screen if you lose PSN connection. I eventually tried to fight a Blue Phantom (FH defenders), but he had a powerful build and very dangerous magic, and slaughtered me easily. But since I was undead after that I couldn't be invaded and so got my trophy and record.

I then kicked a Forest Protector ghost off a cliff so I could get her bow and hat, and doing that specific trick prevents the covenant from being broken and turning the ghosts hostile.

Proceeding with things, I donned the Cat Ring and let myself be summoned to invade other players' games, allowing me two early victories at first (I killed the host the first time I invaded, and then the second guy or so in one of the next worlds was killed right as I entered, meaning a free win). But then I started being summoned into worlds hosted by very dangerous players whom I could barely scratch (pro-tip: if they're borderline naked, they can probably kill you in a single hit).

After being killed probably a dozen times (you don't lose anything, but do have to repair your equipment, but that's usually cheap and easy anyway), I got super-lucky. I entered a world, ran into the host and his friend, and they started to really kick my ass. I jumped off the cliff as a screw-you gesture, and as I died another Blue Phantom managed to kill the host and get me a third victory.

Killing one host gets you a miracle spell. Killing three hosts gets you the Ring of Fog, which makes you almost invisible and the Forest Hunter covenant is one of the only ways to get it (the other is joining anyway, then killing the merchant and his ninja bodyguard that spawn outside the covenant leader's window, but that pisses off the leader and you get kicked out of the covenant).

I then unequipped the Cat Ring and rejoiced. After, I proceeded to explore the area a bunch and kill a ton of demonic walking plants and three huge cats the size of trucks (wasted about a hundred damn arrows on them, but they don't respawn and I can rest easy knowing that).

I still have to kill the halberd-wielding Black Knight, but I can do that later, and the same for the hydra mini-boss. For now, I'm running around the Titanite Demon below Andre, because it's easy to get by and I have bigger enemies to slay.
                              Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• :Moderator:

Originally posted by Agent Purple View Post
                                So I entered Darkroot Forest to join the Forest Hunter covenant and, being online to maintain an official timeline for my trophies and because I was still human from the Moonlight Butterfly boss fight, I was constantly invaded by Forest Hunter covenant members.

I disconnected the first few times, though that quickly becomes a huge pain in the ass since the game takes you right back to the starting screen if you lose PSN connection. I eventually tried to fight a Blue Phantom (FH defenders), but he had a powerful build and very dangerous magic, and slaughtered me easily. But since I was undead after that I couldn't be invaded and so got my trophy and record.

I then kicked a Forest Protector ghost off a cliff so I could get her bow and hat, and doing that specific trick prevents the covenant from being broken and turning the ghosts hostile.

Proceeding with things, I donned the Cat Ring and let myself be summoned to invade other players' games, allowing me two early victories at first (I killed the host the first time I invaded, and then the second guy or so in one of the next worlds was killed right as I entered, meaning a free win). But then I started being summoned into worlds hosted by very dangerous players whom I could barely scratch (pro-tip: if they're borderline naked, they can probably kill you in a single hit).

After being killed probably a dozen times (you don't lose anything, but do have to repair your equipment, but that's usually cheap and easy anyway), I got super-lucky. I entered a world, ran into the host and his friend, and they started to really kick my ass. I jumped off the cliff as a screw-you gesture, and as I died another Blue Phantom managed to kill the host and get me a third victory.

Killing one host gets you a miracle spell. Killing three hosts gets you the Ring of Fog, which makes you almost invisible and the Forest Hunter covenant is one of the only ways to get it (the other is joining anyway, then killing the merchant and his ninja bodyguard that spawn outside the covenant leader's window, but that pisses off the leader and you get kicked out of the covenant).

I then unequipped the Cat Ring and rejoiced. After, I proceeded to explore the area a bunch and kill a ton of demonic walking plants and three huge cats the size of trucks (wasted about a hundred damn arrows on them, but they don't respawn and I can rest easy knowing that).

I still have to kill the halberd-wielding Black Knight, but I can do that later, and the same for the hydra mini-boss. For now, I'm running around the Titanite Demon below Andre, because it's easy to get by and I have bigger enemies to slay.
                                What game is this you're playing? Sounds like a lot of fun.
                                sigpic
                                Winner: Reality TV draft 2014

"Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman

Comment

Working...
                                X