Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Avengers (News, Previews, Reviews, & Spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sup.

No. Issue #5 was the proverbial down beat calm before the storm issue and it's pretty small in scope in that it was limited to a handful of characters. However, the are some interesting character reveals and it does cover Doom's confrontation with the Beyonders.
    You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tazer View Post
      Yo.

so hold on: U mean to tell me that Dooms great plan was to throw a *something-powered* building at the Beyonders?!??

did I get that right?

Tazer
      Originally posted by Darth_Primus View Post
      Just read Secret Wars #5 and yeah, sort of.
      I mean not really. The container was kind of irrelevant, the Molecule Men inside it were the plan.

Comment

• Yo.

I read the ish over the wk-end; while I kind of chuckle over the whole "upgraded bomb" -thing, I still hafta laugh heartily at Hickman going AS MINIMALIST AS POSSIBLE w/explaining how Doom pulled his latest example of bullshit off.........

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
        Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

• Sup.
          Like with almost every comic book I read, I just go with it and hope it pays off in the end.
          You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• Yo.

I dig that, but I dont think its asking alot for a writer to not Geoffcon himself (thats right, Im using it here) so damn soon within the same narrative. he's been weaving for the past 3+ years. :/

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
            Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

• Ultimate Reed Richards will be appearing in New Avengers #2...too bad I have no interest in that creative team.

Comment

• While the currently wrapping "Secret Wars" may be the only massive Marvel Comics Universe event on tap for the immediate future, the publisher is planning a different crossover story for Earth's Mightiest Heroes alone.

Announced during the Iron Man & The Avengers panel at New York Comic Con, the incoming "Avengers Standoff" will run through issues of all the core Avengers family titles later this year.

Kicking off with a special "alpha" issue by Nick Spencer and Jesus Saiz, the story is set to celebrate the 75th Anniversary of Captain America as Steve Rogers is assaulted in an idillic town called Pleasant Hill. When the Avengers join the original Cap, the story will thread through several titles including "All-New All-Different Avengers" and "Uncanny Avengers."

"This is about us trying to celebrate the Cap Anniversary in the biggest way possible," Spencer said of the story that will run over two months.

Editor Tom Brevoort added that the crossover was meant to be a smaller "family" event in the style that the X-Men books have often done in the past. He explained that he has wanted to do this with the franchise for years, but every time they came up with an Avengers story idea, it grew so big that it had to be a full-on Marvel Universe event.

Comment

• Read The Ultimates #1-3 based off of Iggy's recommendation and it's not bad. His comparison to Ellis's The Authority was pretty spot on and I'd say there's also a touch of Planetary in there as well.

I only wish that they had included some characters from the Ultimate universe in the book...so far it looks like Miles and the Maker are the only guys who are still around post-Time Runs Out.

Comment

• Avengers Standoff: Welcome to Pleasant Hill #1 Preview
                    Writer: Nick Spencer
                    Artist: Mark Bagley

Comment

• All-New, All-Different Avengers #7 Women of Marvel Variant by Doc Shaner

Comment

• Apparently, Steve Rogers has been HYDRA since the beginning.

I can't decide what's worse, this or the DC thing

Comment

• Originally posted by Booster Beetle View Post
                          Apparently, Steve Rogers has been HYDRA since the beginning.

I can't decide what's worse, this or the DC thing
                          ಠ_ಠ

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypo View Post
                            ಠ_ಠ
                            SPOILERS

Comment

• I just don't care enough to bring myself to click the link.

I'm sure there'll be another plot twist in future issues that'll negate this one.

Comment

Working...
                              X