Son of Classic Horror Films (50s & 60s)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uh, lots?

Actually, "Gwangi" started out as an abandoned Willis O'Brien project that Harryhausen resurrected, and even though Ray wanted to change certain scenes, he tried to keep a lot of Obie's original ideas in it.

Comment

• Oddly enough, my 9 year old son (step-son really) made his "real" dad take him to Barnes & Nobles this weekend so he could get this for my birthday, although I don't think he has any desire whatsoever to actually see it because, probably, the cover scares him.

I was extremely pleasantly surprised.

Comment

• Sorry, had to throw this in here. It's a homemade lol.

Comment

• LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by Abin Surly View Post
            Oddly enough, my 9 year old son (step-son really) made his "real" dad take him to Barnes & Nobles this weekend so he could get this for my birthday, although I don't think he has any desire whatsoever to actually see it because, probably, the cover scares him.

I was extremely pleasantly surprised.

Didn't realize the 7 Golden Vampires had a DVD release. Huh.

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
              Didn't realize the 7 Golden Vampires had a DVD release. Huh.
              TaaDaa!

Comment

• I'm almost 100% sure that compilation disc is available at Target as well. I could have sworn I've seen it in passing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Doom View Post
                  I'm almost 100% sure that compilation disc is available at Target as well. I could have sworn I've seen it in passing.
                  I'm jealous. Our Target sucks!

Comment

• Comment

• Saw this on Youtube last night.

JOOOOOOHHHNNNN AAAAAAAGGAAARRRR.....

Although much darker in the print they have up, most stills really do look a lot like Ben Grimm in his old overcoat and wide brimmed hat get-up. And since this "film" came out in early 1962, I'm sure they were already at least in preproduction when the first FF comic was released. Chickens and eggs.

I'm really surprised the RiffTrax guys haven't gone after this one.

Comment

• The Return of Count Yorga (1971)

I know this is technically 70s but it's more appropriate for this thread than the modern one.

At any rate, this was okay. It had pretty good atmosphere and pre-famous Craig T. Nelson!

The sequel makes no real reference to the first.

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                          The sequel makes no real reference to the first.
                          It was as if they decided to do an immediate reboot.

You are right, it was an odd 'bridge' film from 50/60s to what would follow in the 70s. I think they were trying to do an american take on what Hammer and Amicus had been up to in England.

Comment

• ^Exactly that. It is very Hammeresque.
                            It's a bit more violent than 60s era Hammer, but not by much.
                            Otherwise, the most "modern" thing about it is that Yorga is very sarcastic, which was pretty funny actually. The line that comes to mind is when he enters a costume ball and a lady tells him he forgot his fangs. He replies "you forgot your manners." He also mocks a boy's piano skills. Fun stuff.

Comment

• Comment

• HAPPY FULL MOON!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X