Announcement

Collapse

The point of this Forum Section

Some members are a little iffy on what should go in the Games & Humor forum section so.

Trivial games like "the person above you game" should be placed in this forum.

Humor of all kinds also belongs here, like the "Superman has a problem with kinky sex" thread.

What does not belong here would be things like video games, board games. Or humor coming directly out of comic books or discussion of books.

Boardgames and the like would go in the Action Figure and Toys section as could video games, though those could also be posted in the General Forum Section.

also any posts in this Forum Section do not count towards your post count.

Hope that helps!
See more
See less

Are you a psychopath?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not surprisingly, I'm the nice guy
    [I'm kidding, I see the irony about bragging about being nice and understated.]

18%

You are warm and empathic with a heightened awareness of social responsibility and a strong sense of conscience. You like to carefully weigh up the pros and cons of a situation before you act and are generally averse to taking risks. You are very much a ‘people person’ and dislike conflict. ‘Do unto others…’ are your watchwords. But, although you avoid hurting others, those residing at the higher end of the psychopathic spectrum might not be as considerate, so stay vigilant to avoid being hurt unnecessarily.
    To be fair (to you half psychoes), I think the relatively low score had more to do with all the questions about spontaneity. I am one of the least spontaneous, most planned and boring people you can meet. It bothers me to take a different route home from an outing. I plan bathroom breaks.

I wouldn't say I'm a people person, though. I avoid conflict like the plague (specifically avoid talking politics etc with people), but I prefer to be alone.

The social conscience thing is right though. I will do things that are uncomfortable or harmful to me or my future if I think it's the nice, honest, or polite thing to do. To me, though, that's just being human.
    Space Cop
    The Dandy
    Last edited by Space Cop; 08-26-2014, 01:07 AM.

Comment

6%.

But make no mistake-if I caught someone willfully causing an animal pain, I would hurt them. HURT THEM BAD. To the point I might get charges pressed against me. I'm kinda like the Hulk that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
        Not surprisingly, I'm the nice guy
        [I'm kidding, I see the irony about bragging about being nice and understated.]

18%

To be fair (to you half psychoes), I think the relatively low score had more to do with all the questions about spontaneity. I am one of the least spontaneous, most planned and boring people you can meet. It bothers me to take a different route home from an outing. I plan bathroom breaks.

I wouldn't say I'm a people person, though. I avoid conflict like the plague (specifically avoid talking politics etc with people), but I prefer to be alone.

The social conscience thing is right though. I will do things that are uncomfortable or harmful to me or my future if I think it's the nice, honest, or polite thing to do. To me, though, that's just being human.
        Maybe that's why I like talking shop with you.

Originally posted by JohnnyV View Post
        58%...HAHA, I beat both of you!
        I'm not sure why I like you right now, but I still do. Hang in there, JV, some humanity will come your way eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by DOOM View Post
          6%.

But make no mistake-if I caught someone willfully causing an animal pain, I would hurt them. HURT THEM BAD. To the point I might get charges pressed against me. I'm kinda like the Hulk that way.
          Cool. I'm not the wimpiest. I'm 3 times more psycho than you!

I feel the exact same. It has never really come up (though my aforementioned lack of socializing undoubtedly limits the opportunities), but I'm pretty sure I would not react well or peacefully to seeing an animal, child, or woman abused (not that I particularly want to see men abused either).

Comment

I tied with A-train. 61%

"Though your conscience is in the right place you also have a pragmatic streak and generally aren’t afraid to do your own dirty work! You’re no shrinking violet - but no daredevil either. You generally have little trouble seeing things from another person’s perspective but, at the same time, are no pushover. ‘Everything in moderation – including moderation’ might sum up your approach to life."
            "I don't have pet peeves; I have major psychotic %u@$# hatreds, okay. And it makes the world a lot easier to sort out."-George Carlin

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow." -John Wayne

Comment

My Gf scored a 30%
              "I don't have pet peeves; I have major psychotic %u@$# hatreds, okay. And it makes the world a lot easier to sort out."-George Carlin

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow." -John Wayne

Comment

30% for me. I figured it'd be a bit lower. Suddenly I'm feeling all badass.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Targaryen View Post
                  Yeah, but apparently A-Train is twice as badass as you. Heck, even Deadpool is 1.5x as badass.

Comment

Yeah, but apparently A-Train is twice as badass as you. Heck, even Deadpool is 1.5x as badass.
                    I'm going to have to go out and cut some tags off of a few mattresses, just to show those bastards I mean business!

Comment

Really, this test is bogus. Obviously the best way to test if you are a psychopath is to murder someone and then the next day measure your regret on a scale of 1 to 10. IIRC that's what they recommended in psychology 101 in college.

Comment

Really, this test is bogus. Obviously the best way to test if you are a psychopath is to murder someone and then the next day measure your regret on a scale of 1 to 10. IIRC that's what they recommended in psychology 101 in college.
                        Fuck it, let's all do it. We all meet back here on Saturday and share how bad we feel about it!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Targaryen View Post

Awwwwwww, BDD
                          ....I always knew you were a big lovable Teddy Bear inside.

Comment

Score!
                            Originally posted by IonFan
                            (even if the ear sucking helped get me off faster)
                            Originally posted by Big Daddy Caesar
                            If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
                            Originally posted by Quaker
                            I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.

Comment

Actually just because you're a psychopath doesn't make you a killer. So that wouldn't work for some people. I watched the documentary about this (the same people made this questionare), it probably only aired in the UK but anyone who can get to see it I'd highly recommend you do, it's a really fascinating documentary. Maybe I should find a more accurate test.
                              Originally posted by IonFan
                              (even if the ear sucking helped get me off faster)
                              Originally posted by Big Daddy Caesar
                              If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
                              Originally posted by Quaker
                              I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.

Comment

Originally posted by Deadpool View Post
                                Actually just because you're a psychopath doesn't make you a killer. So that wouldn't work for some people. I watched the documentary about this (the same people made this questionare), it probably only aired in the UK but anyone who can get to see it I'd highly recommend you do, it's a really fascinating documentary. Maybe I should find a more accurate test.
                                Yes. And as Johnny pointed out there is a difference between psycho- and sociopath, but this test isn't quite nuanced enough for that.

Comment

Working...
                                X