Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Other" Indie Publishers (Aspen, Boom!, etc.)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The art in Klaus #1 was gorgeous.

Comment

Originally posted by Hypo View Post
      The art in Klaus #1 was gorgeous.
      I picked that up, but it's lower in the pile, so it'll be a couple days before I read it. The art did look good, though, while thumbing through at my LCS.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
        I picked that up, but it's lower in the pile, so it'll be a couple days before I read it. The art did look good, though, while thumbing through at my LCS.
        It was a fun read.

Also picked up James Bond #1. Good stuff, I'll be reading as long as Ellis is writing.

Comment

Comment

Give me a serious take on Street Fighter and I'd be all over it. But crossover issues like this do nothing for me.

Comment

Comment

VAUGHAN, MARTIN & VICENTE DEBUT NEW PANEL SYNDICATE SERIES

Comment

Harrow County is an excellent horror comic. And the first 5 issues are currently $0.99 on comixology if digital is your thing.
                  Syfy Developing ‘Harrow County’ Drama Based On Dark Horse Comic

Comment

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers #1
                    Writers: Kyle Higgins, Steve Orlando
                    Artists: Hendry Prasetya, Colin Howell
                    Cover Artists:
                    Main Cover: Jamal Campbell
                    Zord Incentive Cover: Goñi Montes
                    Incentive Cover: Kevin Wada
                    Incentive Cover: Dustin Nguyen
                    Incentive Cover: Paul Pope
                    Action Figure Variant Cover: David Ryan Robinson
                    Villain Variant Cover: Rebekah Isaacs
                    Price: $3.99
                    On sale: March 2016

What's to Love: With over four million viewers per week watching episodes that air three times a day, seven days a week; an awareness of above 90% for men and women ages 7-54; and a new film coming in 2017, Saban’s Power Rangers are more popular than ever. Dive headfirst into our original, modern, ongoing Mighty Morphin Power Rangers series that will appeal to both nostalgic fans and new readers who enjoy epic, action-adventure fantasy stories.

What It Is: Based on Saban’s long-running Power Rangers franchise, five teens from Angel Grove High are granted superpowers and giant robot dinosaur Zords to defend Earth against the alien villain Rita Repulsa. When Repulsa creates an evil Green Power Ranger by brainwashing recent transfer student Tommy, the team is able to free him from her grasp and get him on their side. But with remnants of Repulsa’s control still stirring in the back of Tommy’s mind, he must confront the fact he may be more of a danger to his new team than a help. This is "Green Ranger: Year One."

Comment

Klaus #2 Preview
                      Writer: Grant Morrison
                      Artist: Dan Mora

Comment

Comment

Comment

Mike Mignola on the End of Hellboy in Hell and His 6 Essential Frankenstein Stories
                            In this month’s new graphic novel Frankenstein Underground (you can read the first chapter here), Mignola, artist Ben Stenbeck, and colorist Dave Stewart spin a Frankenstein tale spun out of a corner of the Hellboy universe, one that takes the iconic monster on a weird, Jules Verne–esque trip toward secrets stranger than himself. To commemorate the occasion, Mignola spoke to Vulture about six of his favorite takes on the classic Frankenstein tale — and to share the news that he’d be ending his acclaimed series Hellboy in Hell early next year, with issue No. 10.

“I was looking at what I had done, and coming off one of the stories I realized, 'Oh, we're further along in some way than I thought we were going to be. We got where we were going a lot faster,’” says Mignola. “I had some fun stuff lined up that I was going to do, but if I did it, it was just going to soften the impact, it was just going to ramble more than it needed to ramble. I thought, If we're going there, let's just go there now. So, yes, we're wrapping up Hellboy in Hell.”

What’s more, Mignola isn’t planning on following up the conclusion to his Hellboy epic with another substantial comic project — at least not for a little while.

“It's been at least 25 years since I finished something and I didn't know what I was doing next — I've always had a project lined up,” says Mignola. “I've painted in the past, but I only average about one painting a year, and the last painting I did, I actually really liked. So I thought, Gee, if I do a bunch of paintings, maybe I'll actually figure out what I'm doing instead of relearning every year. So I asked my wife, could I do this? Could I just take a year off and just paint? Of course, I can't really take a year off — I am co-plotting B.P.R.D. and these various other books, but I'd like to take a year off from drawing any kind of comics, and just spend the bulk of a year doing color work. I've never taken a significant chunk of time to just do work essentially for myself. I have no idea where it's gonna go, but it's exciting. It's what keeps me going. “

Comment

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers #0 Preview
                              Writers: Kyle Higgens, Steve Orlando & Mairghread Scott
                              Artists: Hendry Prasetya, Corin Howell & Daniel Bayless

Comment

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers #0 Preview
                                Writers: Kyle Higgens, Steve Orlando & Mairghread Scott
                                Artists: Hendry Prasetya, Corin Howell & Daniel Bayless

Anyone else pick this up?

Comment

Working...
                                X