Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's just as bland and boring as the Detective Comics logo.

Comment

• Looks like something that would have come out in the late 80s or early 90s.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypo View Post
        New Justice League logo
        Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker View Post
        Looks like something that would have come out in the late 80s or early 90s.
        I'm pretty sure they did pick it out of a folder containing unused designs dating back decades.
        Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• All double-shipping books will go back to shipping once a month next year.

Comment

• That will definitely help my comic budget.

Comment

• Should have been done a while ago, because paying full price for a standard-size issue twice a month is financially unsound.
              Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• It was a nice experiment, but one that went on far too long. The quality just wasn't there to justify 24 issues a year of a title.

Comment

• With Batman it makes sense because they create the new Batman and Catwoman title. I expect the other books to gain new spinoff books as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael Heide View Post
                    With Batman it makes sense because they create the new Batman and Catwoman title. I expect the other books to gain new spinoff books as well.
                    From DC's viewpoint, they should WANT you to spend more money.

Hell, I'd publish Batman weekly.

Comment

With Batman it makes sense because they create the new Batman and Catwoman title. I expect the other books to gain new spinoff books as well.
                      I bet we see a new Superboy title or even something like a Superboys title featuring both Jon and Conner. Aquaman's already got the Mera spin-off title but if it's not doing well enough maybe we'll see DC get brave and legit try and do a JL Atlantis book.

DC needs a better plan to reintroduce some of their secondary and 3rd string characters, you can't just have a new event and throw a half dozen into the one story and hope readers get attached to one or two of them. Going back to single issues monthly opens up the opportunity to get more titles out there featuring the rest of the DCU that's taken a back seat with all of the mega events and world changing stuff happening. I'm hoping after this Leviathan story in the broader DCU the Question finally gets the solo series he's been missing since he's showing up in Bendis' Superman stuff. He's being featured as one of the world's greatest detectives alongside Plastic Man, Green Arrow, Batman, and Lois Lane during Leviathan after all and getting more exposure than he has in some time....

Comment

• Superman: Leviathan Rising is really fun. Makes me want to dive into all the Superman books coming up (maybe excluding Supergirl)

Comment

• Originally posted by Ωmega Man View Post
                          Aquaman's already got the Mera spin-off title
                          That was just a mini, and it's wrapped months ago.

Comment

That was just a mini, and it's wrapped months ago.
                            I wasn't aware it was a mini?! I saw she got that plus the DC Zoom book or whatever and just figured DC was pushing for more female leads. Still, I think a JL Atlantis book has more staying power than a lot of the shitty spin-offs they come up with.

Anybody else hoping Doomsday Clock fixes more in the broader DCU than just the JSA and the Legion?

Comment

• Black Hammer/Justice League: Hammer of Justice #2 Cover by Michael Walsh

Black Hammer/Justice League: Hammer of Justice #2 Variant by Julian Totino Tedesco

Black Hammer/Justice League: Hammer of Justice #2 Variant by Matteo Scalera

Comment

• From what I read of the Black Hammer stuff it was good. I think I talked about one of the spin-off minis before... Doctor Star? It was something of a mix of James Robinson's Starman and the silver age GL stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X