• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was it an Ozymandias moment?

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker View Post
      Was it an Ozymandias moment?
      It felt like a reference to that but the thing already done was just an article published that could demystify supers.

Comment

So the latest issue came out, nobody's got nothing to say?

* The series continues to make both Booster and Harley innocent to a degree, with HQ teaming with Batgirl, and Booster still teaming with Ted Kord.

* The Protector was a drug addict the whole time he preached "Don't take drugs!"

* Superman and Wonder Woman address the public about Sanctuary's existence.

* We get glimpses of Adam Strange and Mr. Terrific, the latter being surrounded by what appears to be ninjas.

* Who wearing red gloves picked up the rose from the water? (I'm guessing Wally cause...)

* The body of Wally West was five days too old!?!

Comment

Originally posted by Ωmega Man View Post
          Read it. Liked it a bit more. Superman's speech was good and could apply to any of those public heroes that often suffer from PTSD due to what they face (soldiers, cops, firemen, etc.). There was some line I found funny, but forget it now.

Comment

Besides Tom King sucks?

Comment

It's finally starting to pick up. And that double page spread that hid the title of the book in the art was amazing.

Comment

I liked the one from the previous issue as well.

Comment

I am having trouble following this series, I am definitely not familiar with a few of the confessionals.

I am also pretty conflicted with the story, while I applaud King for trying to tackle a new subject, it makes for a depressing read.

While I plan on finishing this series because I can be a completionist, it has been hard. At least things are starting to move with issue 5.

Do you think any lantern characters are going to show up? I can see each of them having a nice confessional moment. Or hell, investigate the crime scene with Bruce and Barry (though I think that ship sailed).

I can't remember if Ollie has made an appearance yet.

Comment

^Someone said there was a GL uniform on one of the corpses in issue 1 or 2 or whatever that was. I didn't notice and didn't go back. Whether a GL will be important to the story in the final issues? Who knows? It's a JL story, so I'd give it a 1/3 chance. If that's the only thing keeping you reading, I'd say drop it. Someone on this board will mention GL activity if it comes up.

I don't think there are many fans that could name and describe every character that's appeared. Many are purposely C-listers.

As far as the plot, I don't find it anywhere nearly as confusing as the recent Metal story (and the followups). I lost that plot early on and didn't feel like going back to re-read stuff. As far as I take it, there is a safe have called Sanctuary, but it was "impossibly" breached (and revealed in the process) and all signs point to Booster or Harley being guilty, though both think they're not (but could be crazy).

The latest twist was that Booster found out Wally had time traveled (or been pulled in time) before his death. But what that means has not been revealed.
                    Space Cop
                    The Dandy
                    Last edited by Space Cop; 02-09-2019, 04:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                      ^Someone said there was a GL uniform on one of the corpses in issue 1 or 2 or whatever that was. I didn't notice and didn't go back. Whether a GL will be important to the story in the final issues? Who knows? It's a JL story, so I'd give it a 1/3 chance. If that's the only thing keeping you reading, I'd say drop it. Someone on this board will mention GL activity if it comes up.

I don't think there are many fans that could name and describe every character that's appeared. Many are purposely C-listers.

As far as the plot, I don't find it anywhere nearly as confusing as the recent Metal story (and the followups). I lost that plot early on and didn't feel like going back to re-read stuff.

So... among the dead so far we've got [assuming all the people on the last page are in fact victims and not just red herrings]....

Arsenal - aka Speedy; former sidekick of Green Arrow.
                      Flash (Wally) - ginger-haired pre-reboot sidekick of Barry and former Flash.
                      Blue Jay - shrinking member of the late 80's early 90's JL spin-off teams.
                      Hot Spot - aka Joto; former Jurgens era Titan. Recently seen in Sideways.
                      Lagoon Boy - former aquatic member of the classic Young Justice.
                      Commander Steel - this version of the character was from JL Detroit.
                      Gunfire - failed 90's era hero that was everything wrong with the 90's.
                      Tattooed Man II - One of the many reimagined takes on GL villains by Johns.
                      Gnarkk - caveman member of the Teen Titans.
                      Red Devil - aka Kid Devil; former Teen Titan and sidekick of Blue Devil.
                      Protector - barely a Titans member, stand in for Robin in the 80's anti-drug comics.
                      Poison Ivy - Batman villain, everybody should know her at least LOL
                      Solstice - Teen Titan both pre and post reboot who's powers altered between continuities.
                      Nemesis - Chameleon type character who can change his appearance, I know the least about this guy.

That's already 14 bodies and we know there's still a GL yet to be identified. So some of the people in robes in issue #1 seen from Superman's aerial POV were in fact patients or there were just more off panel.
                      I went into more detail about the characters. It should be noted within the current DCU landscape, HiC happens before Aquaman/Justice League Drowned Earth as Tempest has been seen drinking and mourning over Roy's death. [BUT NOT WALLY!!] Still bet our speedster is alive...

The GL was seen under Superman's arm in the panel. It's also unknown who the giant wings belonged to, because Blue Jay didn't even get wings until he turned small.

I also COMPLETELY agree with the METAL comparison. I had no idea what Snyder was trying to do with it until the story was almost over then it made more sense. It was hard to follow no matter where you jumped in from. I do kinda wish he'd be the one to write the ongoing Hawkman title that was always going to spin out of the event. That's not saying it's not entertaining now, but Snyder could've been one Batman cameo away from making Hawkman a top 10 character.

Comment

^Thanks for that capture and info. BTW: in this week's Batman, Bruce and Barry talk about Wally's death specifically in relation to the fall of Sanctuary.

Comment

Thank you guys for your insight.

I also thought Metal was a bit too much. I loved the art, and some of the broad strokes of the story, but there were too many "huh? ok then" moments for me. I like most of Snyder's work but his newer superhero stuff I personally do not find that appealing.

I have a feeling there will be a lot in the last issue or two of HiC. We're over halfway and the little hints so far haven't amounted to much, though things obviously are not as they seem.

I highly doubt it was Harley, Booster, or Wally. Wally seems plausible but I just don't think DC is that stupid, unless they need a new Parallax.

Comment

Originally posted by buffalorock View Post
                            Thank you guys for your insight.

I also thought Metal was a bit too much. I loved the art, and some of the broad strokes of the story, but there were too many "huh? ok then" moments for me. I like most of Snyder's work but his newer superhero stuff I personally do not find that appealing.
                            Yeah, I'm getting sick of the "this is the secret thing behind the secret thing behind the universe."

Originally posted by buffalorock View Post
                            I highly doubt it was Harley, Booster, or Wally. Wally seems plausible but I just don't think DC is that stupid, unless they need a new Parallax.
                            Agreed. If Booster went rogue, there would be some seriously pissed fanboys out there and at this point, Harley is too valuable as an antihero to be back on the league's rogues gallery permanently. Plus, if that were the point, it probably wouldn't still be a mystery. The fact that it is, shows there's stuff to be revealed yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                              ^Thanks for that capture and info. BTW: in this week's Batman, Bruce and Barry talk about Wally's death specifically in relation to the fall of Sanctuary.
                              I read that and it seemed to be taking place during the events of HiC rather than before or after. Batman was about to perform an autopsy on Wally before walking away....

Comment

We are now two thirds done with the series, plus a four issue tie-in.

Not much has happened to advance the story, though I guess the story isn't really the point?

I guess the point is to show that heroes have problems? I don't think that is as compelling as it sounded before reading the 6 issues.

I will finish the series out, but not very eagerly.

Comment

Working...
                                X