No announcement yet.

Green Lanten/New Gods Event: Godhead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As long as they don't go killing off a character in a book I don't read like they did with Glomulus when he was a star of New Guardians. Sure he was back in an issue or two, but that was very annoying. I think Glomulus is dead/alive again but I was confused with the Larfleeze book.
    DC should drop Green Lantern: New Guardians as it is now and bring it back as it used to be. A team book - Green Lantern: Spectrum

Comment

Seems like the most interesting story Venditti is giving us so far. After the garbage that the Durlan story was the GL book has to get better.

RIGHT?!?!

Comment

Godhead Art by Keith Giffen

Comment

I'm still unsure if I should be reading Infinity Man and the Forever People. Now the December solicitations have even more crossover stuff but it isn't listed as Part X of the story.
          DC should drop Green Lantern: New Guardians as it is now and bring it back as it used to be. A team book - Green Lantern: Spectrum

Comment

Skip it.

Comment

I LOVE the idea of Green Lantern having a big storyline with the New Gods (about time!) but I'm concerned that with all the "Big Concepts," Hal is going to get swallowed up in it and he'll be relegated to bystander/strawman to get knocked down again. I feel like it's been a long time since anyone wrote a story *about* Hal.

I think Johns's last story *about* Hal as really "Secret Origins" and after that, it was just one "big concept" after another and while he made sure to give Hal a moment to shine in those, it was perfunctory. (i.e. this is the part where we need to wrap it up so Hal swoops in and wins because he has the most willpower)

Comment

Even SO wasn't about Hal. It was more about Atrocitus, Black Hand, and Sinestro. Just set up for events, rather than focusing on the title character.
                The last fan of 1990s comics
                Read my Green Lantern blog The Indigo Tribe

Comment

The shit that's being published now pales in comparison.

Comment

Man, I could REALLY go for a story about Hal! It's been a dog's age. Doing one in his own book? Sounds like we're asking for too much, but it would buy some brownie points with me.

Comment

am i the only one that thinks the art of this so called "event" seen in the previews sucks balls?

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

We haven't had a Hal-centric story since...pre-SCW.

Comment

Judging by the way Hal is being written, would that be a good thing?

Still, it would be nice to have a short story featuring Hal as opposed to another fate-of-the-Universe arc spread across several months and 8 different titles.

Comment

Nope! You'll take what sells and like it!

Comment

That scene bugged me, partly because it isn't a fair comparison. Sinestro "tamed" Parallax knowing full well what he was attempting. Hal had Parallax sicced on him secretly by Sinestro, and so had no idea what he was dealing with. Plus, I feel like Sinestro's ability to control Parallax says more about his nature than his ability. One cannot, I would think, control a fear entity very well if one is not the type of person to happily use fear as a tool, no matter how strong one's will is. I have a hard time buying that Sinestro would do equally well mastering, say, the Compassion entity...

Comment

Johns would never do such a thing

Comment

Working...
                                X