Announcement

Collapse

The point of this Forum Section

Some members are a little iffy on what should go in the Games & Humor forum section so.

Trivial games like "the person above you game" should be placed in this forum.

Humor of all kinds also belongs here, like the "Superman has a problem with kinky sex" thread.

What does not belong here would be things like video games, board games. Or humor coming directly out of comic books or discussion of books.

Boardgames and the like would go in the Action Figure and Toys section as could video games, though those could also be posted in the General Forum Section.

also any posts in this Forum Section do not count towards your post count.

Hope that helps!
See more
See less

CAST THE __________ MOVIE!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CAST THE __________ MOVIE!!!

So, a lot of the time, I see somebody I want to cast in a specific movie, but I don't have anywhere to cast them. I don't want to create new threads for every movie, so I figured I'd create one for all of them.

So, to start it off, let's see your casts for a Mighty Morphin Power Rangers movie (sort of like they're doing with The A-Team movie out now). Who would you cast in this movie?

(Note: I tried to do the same thing by hijacking a thread in General/About Us, but it became 90% TazzMission arguing with people)
    Kuhan
    Last edited by Kuhan; 07-07-2010, 05:09 AM.
    [center]

Originally posted by W.West
    DID ANYONE READ THE ARTICLE?!!!!!!

Originally posted by Kuhan View Post
    So, a lot of the time, I see somebody I want to cast in a specific movie, but I don't have anywhere to cast them. I don't want to create new threads for every movie, so I figured I'd create one for all of them.

So, to start it off, let's see your casts for a Mighty Morphin Power Rangers movie (sort of like they're doing with The A-Team movie out now). Who would you cast in this movie?

(Note: I tried to do the same thing by hijacking a thread in General/About Us, but it became 90% TazzMission arguing with people)
    I can't think of anyone other than the originals I'd want to have play in a Power Rangers movie.

of course, that's never gonna happen, because the yellow ranger is dead.

THANKS FOR THE THREAD, KUHAN. THIS IS OFF TO A GREAT START. :P

Comment

Red Ranger(Jason was his name, right?): Matt Damon
      Green Ranger(Tommy): James Franco(he pulled off long hair in Pineapple Express lol)
      Pink Ranger: Hmmm that chick from Juno...forget her name.
      Yellow Ranger: The girl who played Cho Chang in Harry Potter
      Blue Ranger: Aaron Stanford
      Black Ranger: Chris Tucker or Morgan Freeman of course! but seriously...Don Cheadle.
      Zed(was that the bad guys name): Anthony Hopkins' voice
      The evil chick who loves Zed: No idea
      Zordon: Patrick Stewart
      The two idiot guys...wtf were there names?!?!?: Seth Rogan and Cillian Murphy

Comment

I went for people passable as college students instead of 30-year-olds who couldn't pass for the high school students who they were playing.

Chris Evans - Jason Lee Scott

This was the hardest to cast, but as soon as I thought of him, it seemed so obvious.

Anton Yelchin - Billy Cranston

I gotta admit, I saw this in someone else's casting online, and I thought it was genius

Donald Glover - Zack Taylor

He was the only young black guy I could think of, and would provide great comedy relief

Olivia Munn - Trini Kwan

I searched Asian-American Actors on Wikipedia, and I loved Olivia Munn. She'd need a name change. Jamie Chung may be an acceptable replacement.

Missy Peregrym - Kimberly Hart

This is what got me thinking in the first place. I saw her on an ad for Rookie Blues and thought it was Amy Jo in an ad for Flashpoint.

Matt Smith - Tommy Oliver

West got me thinking of the brilliant idea that Tommy was British (hence the transfer) and I thought, who better than the Doctor himself?

Sir Patrick Stewart - Zordon

He's British, he has a smooth voice.

Neil Patrick Harris - Alpha 5 (voice)

Do I need a reason?

Tyler Labine and Justin Berfield - Bulk and Skull

Skull is sorta... duh... And as for Bulk, Tyler Labine is hilarious, and I think he could play a character who is in college, but keeps failing, so he's still there even though he's 30

John Goodman - Ernie

Sort of a comedic father-type figure who looks kinda like John Goodman anyway, so... it's pretty obvious. (Ernie's the guy who runs the juice bar, btw)

Jackie Earle Haley - Lord Zedd

He was Great as Rorschach, and if it weren't for the terrible writing, I can imagine he would've been great in Nightmare on Elm Street, so he could play an awesome Zedd... Including the flashbacks to Zedd and Zordon's epic battle which put Zedd in the suit and Zordon in the tube.

Idina Menzel - Rita Repulsa

I couldn't figure this out until I saw Linkara's History of PR and found out that Rita was based on the Wicked Witch of the West... so I looked at the Wikipedia page for Wicked and I thought Idina Menzel was perfect

Terry Crews - Goldar

He's large, He's muscular, and if he can't do the voice, it can be dubbed. But yeah, Terry Crews.

Robin Williams - Finster

I'd want him in the costume, but if he can't, just his voice would be great for Finster

Seth Rogen and Charlie Day - Squat and Baboo

They're two funny guys who could be in these two funny roles... BAM!

Ken Jenkins - Ivan Ooze

While I wouldn't have him appear as a villain, I'd maybe see him appear in a cameo role or something
        Kuhan
        Last edited by Kuhan; 07-16-2010, 03:21 AM.
        [center]

Comment

Also, Prime, are you serious with that list? Seriously?
          [center]

Comment

Originally posted by Prime View Post
            Red Ranger(Jason was his name, right?): Matt Damon
            Green Ranger(Tommy): James Franco(he pulled off long hair in Pineapple Express lol)
            Pink Ranger: Hmmm that chick from Juno...forget her name.
            Yellow Ranger: The girl who played Cho Chang in Harry Potter
            Blue Ranger: Aaron Stanford
            Black Ranger: Chris Tucker or Morgan Freeman of course! but seriously...Don Cheadle.
            Zed(was that the bad guys name): Anthony Hopkins' voice
            The evil chick who loves Zed: No idea
            Zordon: Patrick Stewart
            The two idiot guys...wtf were there names?!?!?: Seth Rogan and Cillian Murphy

matt damon? hell no. im not here to start or anything but kuhan gave a great list in the saban power rangers thread. patrick stewart as zordon would be cool though. if anyone schould be zack its anderson silva from ufc.
            .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

I don't know if Zack should be played by a fighter... Zack was more of a dancer in the original series, though he did obviously fight... I wouldn't go with a UFC Fighter... maybe an MMA Fighter.
              [center]

Comment

Neil Patrick Harris - Alpha 5 (voice)

Do I need a reason?

Jackie Earle Haley - Lord Zedd

He was Great as Rorschach, and if it weren't for the terrible writing, I can imagine he would've been great in Nightmare on Elm Street, so he could play an awesome Zedd... Including the flashbacks to Zedd and Zordon's epic battle which put Zedd in the suit and Zordon in the tube.

the guy who originaly voice lord zed would be best and i also suggest that robin williams voice alpha 5
                Kuhan
                Last edited by Kuhan; 11-25-2010, 01:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
                  the guy who originaly voice lord zed would be best
                  I considered that, but I didn't want to keep any of the same cast (well, except Tommy coming back as a professor)

And Robin Williams doesn't really have the voice for Alpha... maybe Zach Braff (J.D. from Scrubs)
                  [center]

Comment

I considered that, but I didn't want to keep any of the same cast (well, except Tommy coming back as a professor)

And Robin Williams doesn't really have the voice for Alpha... maybe Zach Braff (J.D. from Scrubs)

tommy as a profesor was from dino thunder and this is just my opinion but that was horrible. remember the very first episode where he and jason were tied in that karate tournament? i couldnt believe disney fucked that up with the whole profesor thing. btw not to gloat but the guy who voiced zed also voiced goldar and finster. the reason why i suggest williams because the man is 1000 voices . the problem with a whole new cast is would they have a martial arts backround? jdf and austin st john were the only 2 from the original show with martial arts backrounds
                    TazzMission
                    Guardian of the Universe
                    Last edited by TazzMission; 07-07-2010, 08:16 AM.

Comment

Well, it would be a fun little cameo. And that wasn't really that bad....

And what very first episode?
                      [center]

Comment

Well, it would be a fun little cameo. And that wasn't really that bad....

And what very first episode?
                        here ya go buddy

+ YouTube Video
                        ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

now this was horse shit

+ YouTube Video
                        ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
                        TazzMission
                        Guardian of the Universe
                        Last edited by TazzMission; 07-07-2010, 08:22 AM.

Comment

so... the very seventeenth episode?
                          [center]

Comment

so... the very seventeenth episode?

i meant tommys first apperance sorry about the confusion

Comment

yeah, that makes more sense.

Anyway, like I was saying, it's not like "Tommy Oliver" is their professor. I'm just suggesting that Jason David Frank would cameo as the students' professor in the movie.
                              [center]

Comment

Working...
                              X