Sinestro #21 Preview
    Writer: Cullen Bunn
    Artist: Martin Coccolo

0.00%
    0.00%
    16.67%
    50.00%
    33.33%

even though this doesn't have the art that makes you want to all over the place (5 points to anyone that gets what i'm saying ) i'm liking this series

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

To be honest the Sinestro book is probably the best book of the Green Lantern related monthlies, constant solid writing good art. Probably the best combination of writing and art of the GL related titles. Edge of Oblivion may have a touch better art (but not by much) but Sinestro has much better writing. Maybe Bunn will take over the lead writer position on the Green Lantern books and hopefully Sinestro can come back in a second wave of Rebirths, along with JSA and LSH. My first choice would be Hickman if DC could snare him but, I might be willing to give Bunn, Champagne or Tomasai a shot on a Green Lantern book.

Comment

Not bad for a denouement issue.

Comment

REVIEW: Sinestro #21

Comment

BTW: are eye blasts (heat vision?) one of Mongul's classic powers? I don't remember it, but then I've always been a bit vague on exactly how powerful he is.

Comment

I think he used them earlier in the run as well when he was fighting Sinestro before the Paling arc. I'm more used to seeing the chest blasts but I think he did have eye blasts when he first showed up back in the day as a Superman villain. I could be wrong here though.

Comment

I gave it a 4. Very good issue. Good to see that the bromance betweeen Sinestro and Black Adam is still strong, even with Black Adam makiing that strong point to Sinestro. And the renewal of another bromance ( between Arkillo and Saint Walker ). I think Arkillo being on Earth will make him a stronger character than he already is. We know Sinestro, in the back of his mind, already has something planned for the future concerning Soranik, and how it will play out remains to be seen. When The GLC returns, it will be interesting to see where her loyalty lies. Superman and Wonder Woman's supposed love or attraction to Bekka is surprisingly interesting( It's amazing that with all the people entranced with Bekka that nobody has tried to smack her on the........). The weak part of the issue, for me, is Mongul. Okay, he's been free from the Paling's influence, but that could have been featured, two to three issues down the line. Again, very good book.

Comment

I really, really do not like what they are doing with Saint Walker.

Comment

I just finished up Sinestro #21, great issue but I feel a little bummed at the prospect of it being cancelled. I'm excited however to see the fruits of Arkillo and Sinestro's partnership on Earth!

Comment

Originally posted by Orion Pax View Post
                      In a way, it may be strange, but if the unfortunate issue of Sinestro being cancelled does occur, it's going to be undone anyway.

Comment

I can't even figure out precisely what they ARE doing with Saint Walker. I don't feel like it has been adequately explained, so I can't summon up much of a reaction to it just yet.

Comment

I wonder if they are being prepped as supporting cast for the Green Lanterns comic with Simon and Jessica since they'll be Earthbound as well if any of the continuity from Sinestro sticks.

Hasn't Simon met at least one of them before?

Comment

I'm glad they kept the relationship between Walker and Arkillo. It's cute.
                            :Gray Lantern the True Neutral:

Cyberium of Sector 614, you foresee great HOPE in our future.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberium View Post
                              I'm glad they kept the relationship between Walker and Arkillo. It's cute.
                              I would LOVE a mini-series featuring those two. Dreaming, but I don't care. They would make very cool, fun, and interesting buddy cops imo.

Comment

Working...
                              X