• Show
Clear All

• The Wonder Woman Thread

Wonder Woman #601 PREVIEW
    Writer: JMS
    Artist: Don Kramer

First issue released out today.

--------------------------------------------

I didn't hate this. There wasn't much to the story that we didn't already read in an interview. I thought Don was really good with some scenes but sketchy on others. I was surprised at just how bad his classic Wonder Woman looked. The coloring by Alex Sinclair was a bit inconsistent as well, but the story didn't bore me and I'll be back for the next issue. The costume is still stupid, but I didn't find myself cursing at it every page. I also noticed that even with this ridiculous costume, Don Kramer still had a bunch of ass and breast shots. lol

No thread for this already? Oh, well.

To paraphrase Alan Moore: "I'll be spitting venom all over this."
    The Best Comic Site Ever!!!

Comment

I agree with West, nothing fantastic, but I want to know mor

Comment

I enjoyed the issue. I think if anything, JMS is showing us this new alternate world isn't status quo. And while I definitely don't like the outfit, I think it's going to be a lot less permanent than people are making it out to be.

Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter

Comment

I'm not impressed with it.

Comment

I picked up the issue yesterday, but I haven't had time to sit down and read it yet because of ComicCon hangover and catching up with my projects at work.
            You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

Its amazing how much this discussion between 5 people summed up my feelings on this issue. lol

Comment

I must admit, it is a good discussion.

Comment

I read the issue and I liked it. It's a recon (sp) without really be a recon(sp). I like the scene where Themyscira is attacked and the Amazons lead by Queen Hippolyta fight back to the bitter end.

I'm not liking the new costume, but I am liking the new attitude of Diana, a hint of anger and a dash of vengeance; good ingridents for a more gritty Wonder Woman.
                  You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

Wonder Woman #602 Cover by Don Kramer

Wonder Woman #602 VARIANT Cover by Alex Garner

Comment

I don't the face work on either covers, as they don't flatter Wonder Woman. Both make her look kind of butch. However, I like the story thus far and I'm planning on pick up the next issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth_Primus View Post
                        I don't the face work on either covers, as they don't flatter Wonder Woman. Both make her look kind of butch. However, I like the story thus far and I'm planning on pick up the next issue.
                        She's an Amazon from an island of all women...she should be at least a bit butch <_<

Come listen to our cast, and have a ball while you're at it! : D

Comment

But that goes against the comic book marketing ploy.

Comment

I'd rather be fishing, In the long run we all will still be laughing at the costume and still foreseeing another Zero Hour event!!
                            No matter what your Power,....I got a ring for that!
                            www.batjeepsterrings.com

Comment

Originally posted by Batjeepster View Post
                              I'd rather be fishing, In the long run we all will still be laughing at the costume and still foreseeing another Zero Hour event!!
                              The costume is not permanent. The whole point of this "change" is to get readers interested in Wonder Woman

Comment

Working...
                              X