Jon Hamm = Good Hal Jordan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jon Hamm = Good Hal Jordan?

Not sure how many of you have watched the AMC show MadMen. I've watched a couple of episodes, and I think Jon Hamm would make a perfect Hal Jordan. He's got the look, and some enlarging of the hair would look dead on Hal Jordan. Plus, I think he could pull off the cocky attitude well.

I did a photoshop to show what he might look like. It's not great, but gives you a rough idea.

Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter

If we were casting for the Hal Jordan we have right now in the books, then HELL YES. Jon Hamm is a damn good actor, and I think he could do the role tremendously well. However, the movie is origin based and he simply can't pull off a 27yr. old guy.

Comment

There is an episode of Mad Men that went back in the past and if I'm correct they portrayed him even younger than 27. With modern day makeup effects I think it could work.

I see your point though, I just hope they don't go too young.

Like Shia Lebeouf Young...*shudders*
      JohnnyV
      Pictionary Master
      Last edited by JohnnyV; 04-23-2009, 02:17 PM.

Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter

Comment

In an ideal world, Jon Hamm would be my undisputed top choice for Hal Jordan. Sadly, they're looking for someone in their late 20s, which probably rules Hamm out. Though if he were to get the part, regardless of age, I'd do jumps for joy.

Comment

Jon Hamm is Sinestro.

Comment

You don't want to have to do special effects in the first movie to make any actor look the part. Much like Fillion, Quaid and others, he is sadly too old to be a newly-ringed Hal Jordan. In general, we have to accept that Hal is supposed to be late-20s in the script, WB is hoping for a franchise and is going to cast either age appropriate or slightly younger. It's just the way it is. It's the same way, as an example, Catherine Bell might have been a great looking Wonder Woman 10 years ago, but she can't do the part now.
            "My mind is deluged with thoughts of Heaven and Hell,
            Crime and Punishment, Damnation and Redemption. Hal
            Jordan... And The Spectre.

I'm dead, yet I live. I have no identity. Yet I know
            who I am. And once again I've been given power enough
            to change the world. This time, Lord...
            Let me be worthy."

Comment

Almost certainly the perfect Hal.

Comment

he gets my vote. i've always prefered Hal being older. i never really view him as being young.
                "Don't disturb my circles."

Comment

I hate him as Hal. I want a giant Sqaurejawed Godamn airforce pilot and this is some beurocrat. Now I'm fine with him playing a Jim Jordan, that'd be great, but he's just too far from that well, that Military Look. Maybe it's the Picture, but I just can't see it at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Caleb Lancaster View Post
                    I hate him as Hal. I want a giant Sqaurejawed Godamn airforce pilot and this is some beurocrat. Now I'm fine with him playing a Jim Jordan, that'd be great, but he's just too far from that well, that Military Look. Maybe it's the Picture, but I just can't see it at all.
                    You've never seen him act?

Don't judge.

Comment

Originally posted by Caleb Lancaster View Post
                      There are few actors that are more squarejawed than Jon Hamm.

Comment

Originally posted by W.West View Post
                        You've never seen him act?

Don't judge.
                        No I've seen Hamm Act, he's really good. No Doubt he could pull off Hal Jordan with (Here's the Pun) flying Colors. I just think there are better actors with a better face that can do the job better.

Originally posted by Keyser Soze View Post
                        There are few actors that are more squarejawed than Jon Hamm.
                        He's got more of a Pointed Jaw, it's not quite like the Fillion Jaw.

Comment

Nice pic, but no thank you...

Comment

He could've been Superman or Batman at the "Right" time. Not now.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
                              He could've been Superman or Batman at the "Right" time. Not now.
                              I always considered him more as a Batman, but yeah, that ship has sailed years ago.

Comment

Working...
                              X