Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Gamer Thread Vol. 5 (General Gaming News & Discussion)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6.5 hours into my third run of Dead Space 2, and I just finished fully upgrading the Ripper for the Fully Loaded achievement (Ripper, Plasma Cutter, Detonator, and Pulse Rifle are cheapest/easiest to upgrade).

Currently have over 700k credits, but since I'll do a run or two on NGP Casual wearing the Elite Vintage Suit for much or all of the game, I'll have a shit-ton of money, ammo, nodes, and meds for Zealot.

Just to amuse myself, might do an Elite Security Suit run with a couple of guns I don't usually rely upon, like the Seeker or Javelin Guns. On NGP Casual, naturally. I'll end up doing to same with the Arctic Security Suit once I get that after beating Zealot.
    Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• Sega developing films and TV shows based on Altered Beast, Golden Axe, Crazy Taxi, more

Sega is working to develop its classic video game franchises, including Shinobi, Golden Axe, Altered Beast, Virtua Fighter and Crazy Taxi, into feature films, television shows and digital series, the company announced through its production arm, Stories International.

Stories International is a joint venture between Sega and Japanese advertising agency Hakuhodo DY Group. The subsidiary controls 40 Sega intellectual properties, including the aforementioned game franchises, as well as Streets of Rage and Rise of Nightmares.

The group named Evan Cholfin, formerly of Break Media, as head of development and production for the company's film, television and digital division. At Stories, Cholfin will focus on adapting Sega's video game properties into live action and animated movies, TV series and other digital entertainment.

Stories says it's "looking to partner with the major studios, A-list producers and filmmakers to adapt these properties."

Sega's Sonic the Hedgehog property is currently being tapped for an animated series, Sonic Boom. The company's The House of the Dead franchise was previously adapted for an Uwe Boll-directed feature in 2003.

Other game publishers have worked for years to adapt their video game properties into feature films, including Ubisoft's Assassin's Creed and Splinter Cell; Sony Computer Entertainment's Uncharted and Shadow of the Colossus; Konami's Metal Gear Solid; and Electronic Arts' Mass Effect and Dead Space.
      SOURCE Stories International (PDF)
      .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

• How do you make a show or movie out of Crazy Taxi?

Comment

• The Lizard Squad Are Total Dicks

Comment

• All the Arkham games + DLC are available for $9.99.

Comment

• Originally posted by Booster Beetle View Post
              Times like this I wish that these idiots just walked into high-speed traffic instead of ruined other people's lives. They're assholes, not activists.

Comment

• finally! after a long time i got him fucking annoying lockboxes

fixer bitches! now i have to wait till xmas to unlock hybrid also molly hayes from the runaways is recruitable

TazzMission
                Guardian of the Universe
                Last edited by TazzMission; 12-13-2014, 04:57 PM.

Comment

• Aww man, I thought this was going to be on the consoles until I clicked.

Space Cop
                  The Dandy
                  Last edited by Space Cop; 12-13-2014, 05:07 PM.

Comment

• They'll probably rerelease the first three games with all bonus content on a single disc a la Master Chief Collection around the release window of the fourth game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                      How do you make a show or movie out of Crazy Taxi?
                      Um, crazy driver meets crazier people every episode. That's easy $$$!

Comment

• Originally posted by Agent Purple View Post
                        They'll probably rerelease the first three games with all bonus content on a single disc a la Master Chief Collection around the release window of the fourth game.
                        Well I didn't think they would actually release all three for $10 on XBL or PSN, but I thought maybe it meant bundles (as in game and DLC) of each for $10. I haven't played Origins yet and I regret selling Asylum because I would have liked to get 100% on it.

Comment

• Asylum was too hard for me to fully complete. Those combat challenges turn into total bullshit once you reach the Extreme maps, especially with how goddamn slow Batman is.

I'm only missing the combat gold and 100% complete achievements, and I'll never bother getting them at this point. Hell, I'm selling the first two games right now on eBay. Had my fun with them and moving on.

That said, if a bundle did come out as I've described, combining all three games and all their content together for X1 or PS4, then I'd buy it, but it would take that for me to repurchase them.

Comment

• Started Dead Space 3. Not liking how hard enemies are to kill even in the beginning on goddamn Normal difficulty; even the Plasma Cutter sucks now. This feels way less like Dead Space and more like a really bad attempt at aping Call of Duty's Zombies mode.

Comment

• crystal is the new special ops hero for marvel avengers alliance! also black bolt received a huge passive

Comment

• If there has to be a guest character in MKX, it should be the Predator or this clever girl

Comment

Working...
                                X