The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Miscellaneous > Events & Fan Meetups
FLASHCHAT

Old 01-27-2014, 10:22 PM   #51
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
I wouldn't have a problem with this new model, if they released the schedule of events prior to the passes going on sale.
That makes sense to me. I mean, realistically, the only reason to give a discount for purchasing multi-day tickets is if you are trying to encourage that for some reason, and they have absolutely no reason to do so at this point, since they are most likely going to sell out regardless, and with single day ticket sales there's the possibility that more individuals might get the chance to attend. BUT, that said, without the schedule of events, making a choice of day is pretty much impossible for anybody that might be coming for something other than the pure spectacle of it all.
Old 01-28-2014, 04:37 PM   #52
Sylent_Asassin
Black Lantern

Selected at RANDOM?!? Really? That's fair... and what happened to the initial registration period for those that had badges last year? Has that been consolidated into whatever this is? Good grief.

I think what would alleviate most of this is for people that attended last year to be allowed to buy one pass for yourself and one for a friend. People buying 6 different badges is what's clogging everything up.
Old 01-28-2014, 04:44 PM   #53
Mister Ed

Given the popularity of the Con, I'm not sure exactly how it benefits the organizers to guarantee tickets to anybody that got them last year, since they will sell just as many tickets without such a system.

Though I'm not sure how it benefits them not to, either. From their perspective, it doesn't make much difference WHO buys the tickets, so long as they are bought, I'd think, especially if they are charging the same either way.
Old 01-28-2014, 05:02 PM   #54
Sylent_Asassin
Black Lantern

Such a system would show that they actually care about those that have attended over the years. Since they've been polling folks and are privy to the trials of online registration, and bent over backwards with the updates regarding the new system, they know the casserole of nonsense attendees endure to frequent the show.

Some kind of loyalty program would be nice, and it wouldn't require much more effort than what was put forth for this "random" system, but as you said, as long as the tickets are sold, they really couldn't care less. With the popularity of the show, the tickets will be sold regardless.
Old 01-28-2014, 05:10 PM   #55
Mister Ed

I'm just wondering if perhaps things have gotten to the point that it is soon going to be (or now is) nigh impossible for NEW people to attend the show if they keep guaranteeing tickets to those that have been before. If so, then I can see the desire to cut back on "loyalty" programs, since they could turn the Con into some exclusive club.

Still, there should be a middle road. With all tickets being single day now, they could likely afford to guarantee a SINGLE DAY ticket to previous attendees, while putting them in the lottery with everybody else if they want to attend multiple days.
Old 01-28-2014, 06:52 PM   #56
Sylent_Asassin
Black Lantern

I don't see how a loyalty program makes the Con exclusive, especially if you limit the number of tickets purchased. New people can't go because previous attendees are buying all six badges. Not only does this limit and lessen the amount of tickets for new people, it clogs up the registration room because you need a different credit card for each purchase, which is ridiculous.

Limiting people to two per person would work well, I think.
Old 02-04-2014, 07:21 PM   #57
plastroncafe
Alpha-Lantern

http://www.comic-con.org/toucan/wait...tration-coming

Quote:
The Wait is Over: Preregistration is Coming!
Comic-Con International Registration Update
Comic-Con International 2014 badge preregistration will begin shortly after 9:00 AM Pacific Time (PT) on Saturday, February 8. The EPIC Registration landing page will open at 7:00 AM PT for registration code entry.

An email with additional information has been sent to all eligible attendees. If you are eligible to participate in preregistration and did not receive your email, please check your SPAM folder first and allow 4 – 6 hours for email batch processing before contacting Comic-Con through the “Contact Us’” feature in your Member ID account.

Remember, the EPIC landing page will be open for two full hours for registration code entry. You do not need to arrive at 7:00 AM to participate and there is no advantage in arriving early. For additional details, check out our previous Toucan registration blog post or click here to visit our 2014 Preregistration page.

- See more at: http://www.comic-con.org/toucan/wait....Yozrckzi.dpuf
Old 02-05-2014, 04:11 AM   #58
CJF28
Fatality's Blacksmith

oh man. Im flying out of the country on the 7th. I would have been pissed.

Good luck to all my lantern brothern, who are trying.

Cory
CJF28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 07:49 PM   #59
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

I'm going to need the luck. I'm hoping to go to ComicCon one last time.

Darth_Primus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 04:34 PM   #60
UltimateFighter
Fatality's Blacksmith

Hey anyone doing the badge sale and got in? Got an extra spot?
UltimateFighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 05:53 PM   #61
Cheryl_Ferris
Alan's Drycleaner

So sorry for not checking earlier, we had an extra spot too :-(
Old 02-08-2014, 06:15 PM   #62
Cheryl_Ferris
Alan's Drycleaner

Anyone want to bunk down in an apartment or house? We are looking at places on Airbnb again.
Old 02-09-2014, 03:32 AM   #63
CJF28
Fatality's Blacksmith

How does that work?
Old 02-09-2014, 05:16 PM   #64
Sylent_Asassin
Black Lantern

My wife and I weren't planning on going, and we woke up well after 8. We tried with my s4, which timed out and got an error message, and my wife's ipad, which got through, so I got a 4-day pass, but no preview night. Nevermore and Cheryl helped my wife get 3 days, thanks to us being FB friends. If I planned on going, I would have coordinated with folks.

Apparently, this system is still flawed. There were various complaints about error messages and timing out, which happened to me. It would have been nice if they gave us a number in their invisible line. Some people were logged in at 7 and didn't get passes. They were in the pre-reg room for 3 hours, and when it was finally their turn, there were no more badges available.
Old 02-09-2014, 09:03 PM   #65
projectile
Sidekick

My sister was able to get her, my brother and I 4 day passes. Luckily too since my bro's computer got the error message. The computer I was on was in thr waiting room for awhile till all the tickets were sold out.

About this ticket system I liked that you had to have a member id and a registration code, this helped keep out people that werent pre reg'ed approved and people who just clicked the link and clogged up the system like last year and the year before.

The bad thing about this system is no line number, it was random regardless of the time went in between 7-9, and the error messages (both my brother and my sisters bf got them).

" He who does not punish evil commands it to be done."-Leonardo da Vinci
projectile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 03:52 AM   #66
nevermore
Star Sapphire's Love Slave

Yeah it would have been really nice to find out what number we were. Cheryl Ferris was done with her checkout in like 15 mins. She got the error message and said fuck it I am already timed out and hit refresh and it shot her straight to checkout. Crazy. I stayed in just to see what I would have gotten and was able to snag a badge for Sylent. It worked out for us but I definitely understand the frustration for a lot of people. The problem is there are just too many people that want it and not enough room. People are going to be unhappy no matter what and no matter what SDCC does they can't fix that.

-Henry Adams
nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 04:48 AM   #67
plastroncafe
Alpha-Lantern

I only managed a 4-day pass by the grace of friends elsewhere online, bless their hearts. Both her and her husband got to the front of the line within the first 20 minutes of the sale, where as over an hour later I still hadn't made it to the purchase page.

Now onto the hotel lottery!
Old 02-10-2014, 08:43 PM   #68
Cheryl_Ferris
Alan's Drycleaner

CJF we are confirmed for an apartment about ten minutes away from the con center. It's costing us about 700 for the week and accommodates six. There's a bedroom with a king size bed, a pull out couch and blow up mattresses. It also has a heated pool, a big ass hot tub with a private deck, washer and dryer and a kitchen, with a dining room table for six. We only have three total staying with us and don't "party" but we weren't super quiet last year and he's happy to have us back! Last year I got parking right under the center, it was super easy to get in and out of there.
Old 02-10-2014, 08:53 PM   #69
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

Congrats to all who got tickets/ Can't wait to see you all!!
Old 02-11-2014, 04:41 AM   #70
TheGoatLantern
Beta-Lantern

Ditto!

She blinded me with SCIENCE!
TheGoatLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 08:41 AM   #71
UltimateFighter
Fatality's Blacksmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl_Ferris View Post
So sorry for not checking earlier, we had an extra spot too :-(
No worries. I actually was able to get in to get a 4-Day for me and my buddy!

Last edited by UltimateFighter; 02-12-2014 at 08:46 AM.
Old 02-12-2014, 08:45 AM   #72
UltimateFighter
Fatality's Blacksmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl_Ferris View Post
CJF we are confirmed for an apartment about ten minutes away from the con center. It's costing us about 700 for the week and accommodates six. There's a bedroom with a king size bed, a pull out couch and blow up mattresses. It also has a heated pool, a big ass hot tub with a private deck, washer and dryer and a kitchen, with a dining room table for six. We only have three total staying with us and don't "party" but we weren't super quiet last year and he's happy to have us back! Last year I got parking right under the center, it was super easy to get in and out of there.
Hi Nevermore and Cheryl. Greetings from one NorCal Educator to another! My buddy and I might be interested in "bunking" with you guys. You said 'week' but what are the exact days and could we cherry pick? (ie Stay Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday) Oh and feel free to PM me if that's better picking up this conversation.
Old 02-15-2014, 05:20 PM   #73
nevermore
Star Sapphire's Love Slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateFighter View Post
Hi Nevermore and Cheryl. Greetings from one NorCal Educator to another! My buddy and I might be interested in "bunking" with you guys. You said 'week' but what are the exact days and could we cherry pick? (ie Stay Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday) Oh and feel free to PM me if that's better picking up this conversation.
Hey man that is cool with us as long as you and your buddy don't mind sharing a pullout sofa bed. We will be finalizing the booking and let you know. We have to pay when we book would you be paying then or when you stay?

-Henry Adams
nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 05:49 AM   #74
UltimateFighter
Fatality's Blacksmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevermore View Post
Hey man that is cool with us as long as you and your buddy don't mind sharing a pullout sofa bed. We will be finalizing the booking and let you know. We have to pay when we book would you be paying then or when you stay?
As I have not finalized my plans yet, ideally it would be awesome to pay when we stay BUT if you needed to know or get $$ in advance we might be able to figure out something I'm sure. Let me know/Keep me posted.
Old 02-18-2014, 05:17 PM   #75
CJF28
Fatality's Blacksmith

trying to figure out which of my friends are going and which aren't. I don't want to leave them needing a room mate, but at the same time, Im not a "last minute" kind of guy. I need my stuff planned out months in advance