Hal Jordan And The Green Lantern Corps #8 Preview
    Writer: Robert Venditti
    Artist: Ethan Van Sciver

0.00%
    16.67%
    33.33%
    50.00%
    0.00%

I figured Soranik had rounded up a handful of Yellow Lanterns who weren't totally invested in Sinestro and his methods, but it looks like there are more than a few. It will be interesting to see how the "Sprite" Lanterns manage to keep the universe together without killing each other. John's "Mosaic" experience might come in handy here....

Does anybody think they'll 'ship John and Soranik now?

Comment

Originally posted by Kane2814 View Post
      Does anybody think they'll 'ship John and Soranik now?
      I hope not. Kyle with Soranik was bad enough. John should fly off to Zaramon and get another Star Sapphire ring (since the first one was apparently obliterated in the Lost Corps storyline) and find Fatality.

I always wanted a handful of hybrid Lanterns or liaison Lanterns between the Corps of each color. But the writers absolutely ruined Guy Gardner with the Red Lantern storyline and his mullet, and Hal keeps becoming Parallax every time he gets close to a yellow ring. Soranik is now in the same position as Guy was with the Red Lanterns, but Sinestro always is, and always will be, the leader of the Fear Corps.

Comment

Slightly bigger preview.

Comment

Guy used to wear a Sinestro power ring. What would have been so wrong with Soranik giving him a Sinestro Corps ring for the launch off of Warworld so we could see Guy in a Sinestro Corps suit?

Comment

This issue is mainly setup, but the stakes are immediately pretty big given the *two* villains shown. (and we haven't even gotten to the third one yet that we all know is coming)

There was the prerequisite tension between the Lantern Corps and John and Soranik in particular. It's a little bit contrived since Soranik doesn't have any reason I know of to be terse with John - it's natural he'd be wary of someone in yellow. Nice moment with her partner Iolande though. (If only someone would remember that Hal and Arisia were close once too....) It certainly looks like all is smoothed over with Hal after his sacrifice. I like Guy's disbelief that Hal could have died. Venditti's maintaining his ability to capture the various Lanterns' voices, imo. John seems very at home in the leadership role - let's hope he actually gets to do something very soon besides bark orders.

Comment

Issue out. Poll up. Review here.

Comment

decent issue, recaps last arc, sets up the next. the two medium bads are interesting, can't quite mentally see how the two medium big bads (especially the metallic one) actually work with the other antagonist shown on future cover solicits but to quote the muppet movie, getting there is half the fun. Like Sora's interaction with her past partner. Still waiting for some Hal and Arisia time but obviously this wasn't the issue for that.

Comment

Two stars, despite the very good artwork. It just felt contrived.

The big deal was the Sinestro Corps meeting the Green Lantern Corps. Of course, the GLC has been whittled away to less than 425 members, and Warworld just blew up. Also, no Guardians of the Universe or other "lets take the big picture" to help out either side. So we get a bunch of posturing from John Stewart, who uncharacteristically tries to lock down Soranik and her Fear Lantern deserters on Mogo while they deal with the aftereffects of Sinestro's Fear Engine being destroyed. That gets us a Starro cameo of all things, along with a rebellious Soranik ignoring John's orders to stay put before the next Big Bad arrives on the scene. Let's see, cities surrounded by impenetrable force shields? Take a guess, folks. And far, far away, the GL ring Hal Jordan made specifically for himself and no other falls into the hands of two people that have been hidden away since the end of Wrath of the First Lantern.

As stated before, artwork was very well done, but they keep changing Soranik's face for some reason. Guy was Guy, John was John, Kilowog was Kilowog, but it's hard to say each and every Lantern was portrayed correctly with so many present. I will state that John treating a depowered Guy with suspicion was ridiculous, even after the ending to The Lost Corps: Oblivion (which was terrible, IMHO). Whatever happened to lanterns being in "pocket dimensions" next to their rings? Or John just chucking a GL battery at Guy to power up with?

I know some fans love this kind of comic, but I prefer some breathing room between plots.

Comment

Working...
                  X