WonderCon 2015: April 3, 4, & 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WonderCon 2015: April 3, 4, & 5

Tickets and Hotels just went on sale. It would be nice if they had a completed guest list, though.

My hopes of it returning to San Francisco have been vanquished.

http://www.comic-con.org/wca

Just got my tickets.

" He who does not punish evil commands it to be done."-Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

I feel your pain on wanting it back in SF Sylent. Considering going bc SDCC is a no go this year.
      A teacher affects eternity; He can never tell where his influence stops.

-Henry Adams

Comment

Originally posted by nevermore View Post
        I feel your pain on wanting it back in SF Sylent. Considering going bc SDCC is a no go this year.
        There's always Big Wow and Wizard World Sacramento in June. It's certainly not WonderCon, but at this point, you have to take what you can get. Funny how WW San Jose is calling the show, "WW San Francisco."

Comment

The WonderCon Programming/Panel Schedule is live ...

http://www.comic-con.org/wca/programming-schedule

Comment

As usual, they're going to world premiere another DC animated film. This year it's Batman v. Robin.

There's also going to be a WB presentation. I would be very, very surprised if the Batman v. Superman trailer or new footage dropped here.
            You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

Yeah I doubt there would be anything Batman v Superman during the WB panel. Im thinking it'll be Mad Max, San Andreas, and/or Man from U.N.C.L.E.
              I would be surprised if they showed anything of b vs s, seems like they would save things for sdcc.

Comment

I highly doubt anything Batman vs. Superman will be spilled at this show.

There's a Gotham and a Flash panel with members of the cast. That sounds pretty cool.

Comment

I hate to admit it, but WonderCon was great and much better than the show in SF. Batman vs. Robin was pretty good, the Flash panel was fun and the cosplaying was incredible. It seemed like nearly everyone was in costume. I just wish that I had time to see the Convergence panel and check out the Superman reunion.

Comment

I'm glad you went and had a great time. I wish I was able to go.

Too bad WonderCon is moving to LA next year. I read that there are only 3 hotels within walking distance and they're really expensive.
                    You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

Originally posted by Sylent_Asassin View Post
                      I hate to admit it, but WonderCon was great and much better than the show in SF. Batman vs. Robin was pretty good, the Flash panel was fun and the cosplaying was incredible. It seemed like nearly everyone was in costume. I just wish that I had time to see the Convergence panel and check out the Superman reunion.
                      batman v robin is already online. wile a good movie i think it could have been better
                      .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

Glad you enjoyed it. Went to the izombie and gotham panel, but couldn't make it to the flash one. Each year though there are more and more people and it gets harder to walk the hall. It seems more and more idiot groups standing in the middle of the walkway, oblivious to people trying to get around them.

Comment

Originally posted by projectile View Post
                          Glad you enjoyed it. Went to the izombie and gotham panel, but couldn't make it to the flash one. Each year though there are more and more people and it gets harder to walk the hall. It seems more and more idiot groups standing in the middle of the walkway, oblivious to people trying to get around them.
                          I don't understand what those religious groups hope to accomplish by setting up shop at a comic convention. They'd be better off preaching their word at a concert where promiscuity is high and drugs are rampant.

At any rate, the show was MUCH better than I expected and the venue was gorgeous. Too bad they'll be moving to the LACC next year. That move alone makes me want to skip the show and attend Emerald City instead... and I'd be willing to bet that it'll stay in LA. Remember when they promised that it would return to SF?

Comment

At any rate, the show was MUCH better than I expected and the venue was gorgeous.
                            Do you regret not attending WonderCon sooner since it's been in Anaheim?

I wanted to attend the show earlier than I did, but my work schedule always conflicted with the event. Plus it being on Easter Weekend did not help.

I was reading up on WonderCon moving to the LA Convention Center and I hear there are about only three hotels within walking distance. I wish the event would have comeback to San Francisco in 2016. Oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth_Primus View Post
                              Do you regret not attending WonderCon sooner since it's been in Anaheim?
                              Not in the slightest. Not attending the show was my way of boycotting and "sylent" protesting. Besides, attending these shows are extremely costly. Since they moved, it meant that we had to pay for travel and hotel costs... plus, sitting in a vehicle for 6+ hours through LA traffic sucks... and on the way there, we got pulled over for speeding in the trap on the decline after Magic Mountain. I felt bad for our driver.

This was the first show that I didn't buy an action figure. All the vendors knew exactly what they had and what it was worth on the secondary market, so there were NO deals. Most of those guys were trying to make table in the first day. In three days at WC, I purchased two comics, and they were both silver age books that were under $5. I spent more on food than anything else.

Comment

Working...
                              X