Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yo.

Originally posted by jonasmorking View Post
    I have that one as well. I didn't list it since it wasn't on the lists I found. As I gather it is out of continuity but it does give some insight and it because of that I think it earns its place.
    that would be incorrect, as this was the story which returned Kilowog to this realm as a demon (or some demon hunter-ish thing) as a mindless demon hunter, and in the pages of GL he was still in that state, only not mindless.

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
    Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

Well, to be fair, it probably IS out of continuity NOW. But so is the majority if GL's history, it often seems...

Comment

Yes I was talking about the three books. This may be a really stupid question but I never got the elseworld thing, are those just stories talking place in another reality?
        I thought the continuity part was when Oa was rebuilt or something, after Hal/Parallax destroyed everything. But I will take your word for it.
        This is what happens when you collect a whole lot and don't have time to read it :-)

Comment

Yes I was talking about the three books. This may be a really stupid question but I never got the elseworld thing, are those just stories talking place in another reality?
          Yeah, Elseworlds is just intentionally divorced from the main continuity. Whether it is actually supposed to be taking place in another part of the "multiverse" is up to whatever the current concept of the "multiverse" is, and whether anybody sees fit to include the characters from that particular Elseworlds tale in it. There have certainly been many characters that originated in Elseworlds tales that have shown up in later stories dealing with the Multiverse, but there have probably been just as many that have never been seen outside the book they originally appeared in.

Comment

I thought the continuity part was when Oa was rebuilt or something, after Hal/Parallax destroyed everything. But I will take your word for it.
            This is what happens when you collect a whole lot and don't have time to read it :-)
            Well, nowadays it seems like Oa was never destroyed back then in the first place (what with them digging up ancient Guardian secrets on it and all), so a story that dealt with the reconstruction of a planet that never got destroyed is bound to drop out of official continuity. Plus, that story also had Boodikka in it, and in later stories it was revealed that she was a Manhunter captive, so that was another contradiction.

Comment

Yo.

Im not sure that her capture by the Manhunters & Henshaw precludes her taking part in Kilo's "Dark Lantern" -phase, since its not really given exactly WHEN she got taken, only that it was after Jordan took her hand; hell, maybe they were the one who also turned her physique from that of a impressively muscled fighter into more babe-ish dimensions (while keeping her single handed.)

Tazer

Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

Originally posted by Tazer View Post
                Yo.

Im not sure that her capture by the Manhunters & Henshaw precludes her taking part in Kilo's "Dark Lantern" -phase, since its not really given exactly WHEN she got taken, only that it was after Jordan took her hand; hell, maybe they were the one who also turned her physique from that of a impressively muscled fighter into more babe-ish dimensions (while keeping her single handed.)

Tazer
                I thought it was at least strongly implied that ALL the Lanterns Jordan left in his wake on his way to Oa were taken by Manhunters soon after. It would seem awfully coincidental that all the lanterns they had were the ones he fought in that rampage otherwise.

EDIT: Though I just remembered, they had Arisia, too, so it WASN'T just the Lanterns Jordan faced on the way to Oa.
                Mister Ed
                Horse of a Different Color
                Last edited by Mister Ed; 10-01-2014, 05:30 PM.

Comment

Yo.

"awfully coincidental"??

did U forget this came from GJ, master of the Unnecessary Retcon??

Tazer

Comment

"awfully coincidental"??

did U forget this came from GJ, master of the Unnecessary Retcon??
                    Eh, when he tosses in a group of GLs made up almost entirely of the exact GLs that Hal fought on his way to Oa, I'm pretty sure the intention was that they were picked up after that event, if only to specifically clear Hal of any guilt over "killing" them.

Comment

Yo.

right. so like I said, given Boodikka's inclusion.........

Tazer
                      Tazer
                      That Evil, Yellow Bastiche
                      Last edited by Tazer; 10-01-2014, 08:17 PM.

Comment

Yo.

right. so like I said, given Boddikka's inclusion.........

Tazer
                        I was the one arguing that it WAS a retcon, wasn't I? I'm getting confused by this "argument".

Comment

Yo.

not actually arguing w/ya here Ed.

Tazer

Comment

Yo.

not actually arguing w/ya here Ed.

Tazer
                            Well that would explain my confusion, I guess (that and my advanced years ). Though in my defense, did put quotes around "argument".

Comment

Yo.

Tazer

Comment

That was an amazing conversation :-)
                                I just seems weird to me to skip the entire Hal Jordan/Parallax thing but I do get your point. The weird thing is for me atleast that Rebirth made a thing of Hal jordan being Parallax so did they just skip parts of the "original story" or what? I do get the feeling that they more or less dropped the Hal Jordan/parallax story all together later on. What's your opinion?

Comment

Working...
                                X