Artist: Brad Walker & Neil Edwards
    16.67%
    16.67%
    50.00%
    16.67%
    0.00%

REVIEW: Sinestro #18

Comment

It's funny you mention the facial expression thing because when Natu later says "you seem calm," I was thinking "really? He's looked pissed for 1/2 the issue."

Comment

Exactly. Its something that completely takes me out of the story or rather out of the moment. Obviously, I don't know why Walker isn't on every issue cranking out 20 pages a month but this book suffers when that's not the case.

Comment

Natu´s still palling around with the Sinestro Corps? This is going to make the reunion with the GLC awkward.

Wasn´t a plot point from an earlier story that Iolande was searching for her?

Comment

I finally got to read this today. An interesting ending for sure, to go along with the inconsistent art. I keep thinking this is a book I will drop, but it does just enough to make me curious.

-Don
            “Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.” ― Mahatma Gandhi

Comment

Average storyline. ON one hand, the art, for once, was consistent, but they got Nax's anatomy wrong. And the arrival of Mongul was good. But the whole let's-give- other-heroes-and-villains-ring thing is played out. Very lazy story writing.

Comment

I'm trying to get through comics that are piling up, and read Sinestro #16-18 today. After #16 with EVS' art I was like, "yeah! This isn't as bad as I remember it being! Maybe I was too hard on it." Then I read 17 and 18 and it went RIGHT back in the shitter. Very inconsistent and subpar art. The end of #18 was the icing on the cake though; they are going BACK to the well of putting rings on existing super villains and heroes?!?! AGAIN?!?

Ugh...

Comment

Putting rings on existing characters is something that should never happen again.

Comment

never ever.

I mean, if that's all they creative team has in the tank, going back to putting various color rings on existing DC heroes and villains for an issue or two for a quick gimmick...if that's all they have left to SAY with this title, then stick a fork in it and be done.

Comment

I get the critique, but I liked Adam with a yellow ring.

Comment

No more armies either. They should have done what I said to do here.

www.glpariah.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                        X