Artist: Ethan Van Sciver w/ Jason Wright
    0.00%
    0.00%
    20.00%
    60.00%
    20.00%

Issue out. Poll up. Review posted.

Comment

I loved it. The only thing I felt like they kind of glanced over was Bruce incorporating aspects of the Bat into his GL suit....why? Because it's his spirit animal or something? I must have missed that part. Otherwise I loved it.
      http://cropsycrypt.blogspot.com/

Comment

I thought they did a pretty good job with it, and its probably one of the better one shot tie ins I've read since Darkseid War's Power of the Gods.

I like Humphries' internal monologues and thought processes (in GLs too), but his dialog can be a bit rough sometimes.

This was the only one of the Metal tie ins I picked up, it was good to see EVS on art duties.

Comment

I liked this issue. It was a nice one-off. EVS' art helped a lot. Fast paced.

Originally posted by BLACK HAND View Post
          I loved it. The only thing I felt like they kind of glanced over was Bruce incorporating aspects of the Bat into his GL suit....why? Because it's his spirit animal or something? I must have missed that part. Otherwise I loved it.
          Yeah, they basically just write it off (which I guess was Iggy's complaint in the reveiew) with a thought thought bubble that he'd use the thing that scared him as a kid from the caves.

Comment

Yeah that's kind of a stretch, but whatever, the rest was great. I especially loved how EVS depicted the creatures coming out of the darkness. Very cool.
            http://cropsycrypt.blogspot.com/

Comment

So I take it the fad of putting power rings on various super heroes and villains is still a thing at DC?

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Targaryen I View Post
                So I take it the fad of putting power rings on various super heroes and villains is still a thing at DC?
                Sort of. This is part of Metal, part of which story is about evil Batmen being collected from throughout the multiverse. In this one, Bruce received a ring just after his folks were killed and became a vengeance seeker.

Comment

Evil Batmen being collected throughout the multiverse? Man, that sounds so 50s and 60s! Like back in the day when Julie Schwartz would challenge writers to come up with a story to match a whacky cover they had in their inventory. I'm not completely opposed to it, just because the premise is so delightfully goofy. But it reminds me how there seems to be a cycle of DC using Batman to tell these outlandish cosmic tales, then later they decide to get back to basics of Batman being an urban vigilante rooted in the city. Then they go outlandish again and repeat the cycle. It feels like Batman must be getting close to being reigned in again.

Comment

I think this took place on the Dark version of Earth-32, which is the combo Earth where the "In Darkest Knight" Elseword took place.

It's neat that he is a reverse GL, rather than shine he takes light away.

Comment

Working...
                    X