HJ & the GLC #49 (spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HJ & the GLC #49 (spoilers)

As the series comes closer to an end, the potential for the stories to be truly awesome are wasted as always. What's the point of having Orion, Zod, and Arkillo around if they're not doing much more than a GL? I don't even think they had any dialogue the entire issue.

And can we talk about Hannu for a sec? Wasn't he ALWAYS known for never using his ring for anything other than flight and an energy blast up until coming face to face with the Anti-Monitor [where he used a meteor shower construct]? If that's the case.... why in the hell is he using his ring to make what looks like a crappy 90 degree brick wall to defend himself against just two Darkstars?

^^^ That almost killed the entire issue for me... until towards the end when Hal pulled a Hal.

Hal Jordan vs Tomar-Tu coming up in issue #50. Place your bets.

Page 20 was a paste-up of two previous panels, which stinks.

Hammond's stuff was still great.

Comment

No it wasn't. Hal's mouth was wide open on the previous panel and his ring hand was nowhere near his head. Same goes for Tomar and his energy fist...

EDIT: It does look like Tomar's head and upper body may have been reused, but Hal and the rest of the other details weren't copied over.

Ωmega Man
      Guardian of the Universe
      Last edited by Ωmega Man; 07-26-2018, 01:09 AM.

Comment

^Okay. "Cheerfully withdrawn" as Sideshow Bob would say. I correct you on the movie and you correct me on the latest comic.

I actually meant to go back and check if it was the same or not, but I had already bagged and boxed it. What caught my attention was that the last page didn't tell any story. It was a clear filler. So it wasn't a literal paste-up but the characters were in the same situation as the previous two pages.

But I thought it was an alright issue anyway. I like how the corps battled the Darkstars.
        Space Cop
        The Dandy
        Last edited by Space Cop; 07-26-2018, 01:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ωmega Man View Post
          As the series comes closer to an end, the potential for the stories to be truly awesome are wasted as always. What's the point of having Orion, Zod, and Arkillo around if they're not doing much more than a GL? I don't even think they had any dialogue the entire issue.
          I agree. John clearly had a plan and I get that Zod's role was sabotaging their ability to teleport and Hammond's role was to block the Controller's ability to connect the Darkstars - don't recall if Orion had a specific role.... I feel like Venditti was trying to make John's plan cooler than it actually was and he didn't do the best job dramatically revealing his strategy. And that's mostly because at the end, it's going to have to end up at Hal's doorstep to win the day.

Comment

Working...
          X