This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Green Lantern News Discussion Thread

The state of the Green Lantern line post-Convergence is starting to take shape:

Continuing Series
    • Green Lantern by writer Robert Venditti & artist Billy Tan
    • Sinestro by writer Cullen Bunn & artist Brad Walker

New Series
    • Green Lantern: Lost Army by writer Cullen Bunn & artists Jesus Saiz & Javi Pina
    • Green Lantern returns to the Justice League in Justice League of America by Bryan Hitch
    • Omega Men by writer Tom King & artist Barnaby Bagenda

Hypo
    Lil' Leaguer
    Last edited by Hypo; 02-06-2015, 12:51 PM.

Wow, really interesting development. I guess Van Jensen is no longer around the GL family? Interesting to see what The Lost Army is all about, should be in good hands though.

Comment

Bryan Hitch on art. Cool. Bryan Hitch on writing...dunno.

Comment

I don't know about Hitch's skills as a writer, but I like his art. I saw an art preview on CBR and it looks like Hal is back with the JLA!

Comment

So...three GL titles? GL, GL: The Lost Army, and Sinestro?

That sounds much better for a monthly schedule. I'm very curious to what they are doing with GL and GL:TLA.

I hope Tan isn't REALLY staying on GL. He's the biggest problem that book has.

Comment

Three titles and two writers, hopefully the downsizing the line gives the books a tight focus.
            Hypo
            Lil' Leaguer
            Last edited by Hypo; 02-06-2015, 11:21 PM.

Comment

Wait a minute! Jesus Saiz is drawing the new GL title?!? Why the FUCK is he not being put on the main GL title?!? That guy is awesome! You put him on one of the spinoff books?

Comment

Because: Billy. Fucking. Tan. /s

Comment

Saiz won't even be on the book that long. He never is.

Comment

He's been on Swampy for about 20 issues with a few interruptions.

Comment

I'm guessing that Guy and Kyle will be folded into the GLC with John. But Sinestro will keep a title? Seriously?

One good thing might come of this. The damned emotional spectrum might be getting flushed.
                      Trey Strain
                      Guardian of the Universe
                      Last edited by Trey Strain; 02-06-2015, 07:57 PM.

Comment

This will be great

I'm a positive guy, I think this will be perfect. I hope that in time the main GL title will be good (havn't read it yet) and for me the best thing is to have one GLC book (I actually often prefer these books). I don't really have an opinion of the Sinestro book yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Spy Smasher View Post
                          I'm guessing that Guy and Kyle will be folded into the GLC with John. But Sinestro will keep a title? Seriously?
                          Terrible state of affairs. Terrible.

Comment

I'd be fine with the Sinestro title running its course and going away to the comic rack in the sky by the end of the year. It doesn't feel like a book that should be an ongoing and should have been a miniseries. It would leave us with two GL titles. I'm done with this cheesy multicolored crap. They could easily make GL: The Lost Army a book that stars Guy, John an Kyle and make it great.

If they care enough to that is.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave View Post
                              I'd be fine with the Sinestro title running its course and going away to the comic rack in the sky by the end of the year. It doesn't feel like a book that should be an ongoing and should have been a miniseries. It would leave us with two GL titles. I'm done with this cheesy multicolored crap. They could easily make GL: The Lost Army a book that stars Guy, John an Kyle and make it great.

If they care enough to that is.
                              I think you're right. They're just going to continue Sinestro's title until the sales inevitably erode, then let it die.

Comment

Working...
                              X