The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Green Lanternverse > Green Lantern Vol. 3
FLASHCHAT

GL Volume 3

Old 08-10-2011, 05:18 PM   #26
Parallax2814
Green Lantern Initiate

Send a message via AIM to Parallax2814

I bet DC has seriously kicked around the idea of sending the other Earth lanterns to different corps. They know that Kyle, John and Guy have to big of followings to kill them, but they want Hal to be the sole Earth GL.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to learn they had thought about having some kind of "Corps Transfer Program" or some such silliness where the other Earth GLs were sent off to be members in the different corps.
Parallax2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 02:01 AM   #27
Ωmega Man
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaegrin View Post
Non-standard costumes, even constumes that constitute extreme deviations from the standard uniform, have a long history...

Iím probably missing plenty of other examples. The Green Lantern Corps was first introduced in 1959. Assuming that Guy Gardnerís uniform change in 1985 was the first time the Corps accepted deviations from the standard, the uniform was standardized for 26 years. Thatís a long time, but it has now been another 26 years since 1985. So non-standard costumes have been an accepted part of the Corps for at least as long as not.
Adam, Adara, Alia, Arisia, Ash, Avir, Boodikka, Bruks, Bruun, B'Shi, Earth Man, Gion, G''Nort, Gretti, Grojamm, Guy Gardner, Harvid, Hollika Rahn, Jack T. Chance, Ke'haan, Kraken, Magaan, Mon-El, Morro, Orlan, Pelle, Rak Arranya, Raker, Reemuz, Remnant Nod, Rond Vidar, Rori Stroh, Salaak, Sheriff Mardin, Taa, Tahr, Tomy Fai, Torquemada, Turytt, Vandor, Vode M, Wylxa, Zale....

That's 43 [or 44, I might've lost count] and just off of the comicvine list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaegrin View Post
Honestly, if DC can't figure out a way for Hal and Kyle to coexist as equally respected and equally relevant characters in their own right, I wish they'd just kill Kyle off and focus on Hal. Seriously. A pointless Kyle is not better than no Kyle at all. And right now, Kyle has no purpose in the DC universe at large. The relevance of virtually everything he does is limited specifically to his own book.
I think what we need is Kyle on Earth for a little while and an adventure or two with Hal. Since Rebirth we've had Hal and John, and Kyle and Guy. Then Guy teamed up with Hal, and John was Kyle's partner in GLC. But as far as putting Kyle and Hal in the same story that doesn't involve all four Earth GL's... IT HASN'T HAPPENED. Not since the Ion series have Kyle and Hal teamed up [and I don't include them taking down Sinestro in GL #25, that was a GLC story], and in the Ion series it wasn't what it could've been and cut short to only a few scenes. They need to share an adventure or two so that readers and new fans can see how vastly different they are. A good writer could make a decent story involving the two, a great writer could make it go into three printings.

~KL~
Old 02-29-2012, 06:17 PM   #28
Deadpool
Fight like a man: with your words, not your fists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid Lantern View Post

I think what we need is Kyle on Earth for a little while and an adventure or two with Hal.
Agreed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy Caesar View Post
If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaker View Post
I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.
Deadpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 05:02 PM   #29
Deadpool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parallax2814 View Post
I bet DC has seriously kicked around the idea of sending the other Earth lanterns to different corps. They know that Kyle, John and Guy have to big of followings to kill them, but they want Hal to be the sole Earth GL.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to learn they had thought about having some kind of "Corps Transfer Program" or some such silliness where the other Earth GLs were sent off to be members in the different corps.
That's actuly belivable. I think what may happen is that Kyle will join the blue lantern corps, Guy will leave the green lantern corps and become a space pirate without a ring, and John will be crippled beyoned repair (like batgirl before the new 52) leaving Hal as the sole human GL.
Quote:
If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
Quote:
Old 03-01-2012, 05:15 PM   #30
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadpool View Post
That's actuly belivable. I think what may happen is that Kyle will join the blue lantern corps, Guy will leave the green lantern corps and become a space pirate without a ring, and John will be crippled beyoned repair (like batgirl before the new 52) leaving Hal as the sole human GL.
...why?

Edit: My why was directed towards the John scenario. Also I kinda think simply having a GL ring negates the handicap.

Last edited by Hypo; 03-02-2012 at 06:35 AM.
Hypo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 04:29 PM   #31
Deadpool

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypo View Post
...why?
I don't know, just something parallax 2814 said.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-03-2012, 02:21 AM   #32
Emperor Aquaman
Guy's Drinking Buddy

Yup... I think Kyle should get his own book, based on earth like in the 90's as Earth's resident GL while Hal has his space adventures...
Old 03-03-2012, 02:53 AM   #33
SD80MAC
Not a True Fan

That would be goddamned fantastic. Hal can play with the rainbow Corps, Kyle can fight non-emotional spectrum supervillains.
Old 03-03-2012, 06:17 AM   #34
d3v1lb0y
Red Lantern Black Ops

No.
I like seeing HAL as Sinestro's lap dog!

facebook: d3v1lb0y888 ...twitter: d3v1lb0y_8 ..instagram: d3v1lb0y
d3v1lb0y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 12:55 PM   #35
Deadpool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor Aquaman View Post
Yup... I think Kyle should get his own book, based on earth like in the 90's as Earth's resident GL while Hal has his space adventures...
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD80MAC View Post
That would be goddamned fantastic. Hal can play with the rainbow Corps, Kyle can fight non-emotional spectrum supervillains.
I 100% agree! I hate seeing Kyle being followed by all the corps. Well actuly, there's no white or black lanterns, so that's not all of the corps. I also think that there should be a white lantern series about this guy on earth with cancer and is cured by the last white ring and becomes the last white lantern. And one of his foes could be the last black lantern or Black hand. Also, I think it would maybe be cool if Kyle joined the blue lantern corps. But if he's the earth GL, that maybe a bad idea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d3v1lb0y View Post
No.
I prefer Sinestro in the yellow corps, or maybe Sinestro in the red lantern corps for a while would be cool.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-19-2012, 08:10 PM   #36
Emperor Aquaman
Guy's Drinking Buddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadpool View Post
I 100% agree! I hate seeing Kyle being followed by all the corps. Well actuly, there's no white or black lanterns, so that's not all of the corps. I also think that there should be a white lantern series about this guy on earth with cancer and is cured by the last white ring and becomes the last white lantern. And one of his foes could be the last black lantern or Black hand. Also, I think it would maybe be cool if Kyle joined the blue lantern corps. But if he's the earth GL, that maybe a bad idea.
I think there could be a book about each and every one of the different color lanterns if written well.

Also, for a while I wanted a Kyle/Blue Lantern ongoing or mini... Still do... i think there's story potential there

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3v1lb0y View Post
No.
I don't like you anymore.

...actually, I wouldn't mind Hal being Sin's bitch if it favored interesting character development and good storytelling, but the way Johns is handling it, it just seems like lazy writing. It's easier to make Sinestro look good by making Hal act like a total douche, than to prove Sinestro is a badass next to Hal at his finest.
Old 05-11-2012, 07:35 PM   #37
Deadpool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor Aquaman View Post
I think there could be a book about each and every one of the different color lanterns if written well.

Also, for a while I wanted a Kyle/Blue Lantern ongoing or mini... Still do... i think there's story potential there
I agree with you 100% with you on the Kyle as a bluelantern miniseries, but as for the a book for every corps thing, that wouldn't be very....practical. We already have 3 books for the green lanterns and 1 for the red lanterns, I think there should be a dark book for the last white lantern that fights super natural beings and black lanterns. Maybe a mini series for sinestro corps if they ever ruturn sinestro to his corps.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-04-2012, 06:29 PM   #38
Green Lantern Initiate

Send a message via AIM to 304 Send a message via Yahoo to 304

Wouldn't it be near pointless to have Kyle have his own book as a Blue Lantern if a blue ring needs a green one to do much of anything?
304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 07:25 PM   #39
SD80MAC
Not a True Fan

That's gone back and forth quite a few times.
Old 06-05-2012, 02:49 AM   #40
Lantern of Gallifrey
Weaponer of Qward

I know this is kind of out there but if a blue ring needs a green ring what would happen if a blue ring tried to get a charge from a green battery? If it did do anything at all that is. If by some chance it does do something maybe Kyle as a blue lantern could be a stand alone character. But like I said it's a far fetched idea.
Old 06-07-2012, 08:28 AM   #41
Deadpool

Lantern of Galifrey, you are a genious! That could be a good way to get a decent blue lantern, or maybe this could happen:
The Reach destroy the blue lantern corps, but just like Ganthet made a last GL ring and gave it to Kyle, Saint Walker or something forge a new blue lantern ring the works without a GL ring in sight. The blue ring then flies off and lands itself on Kyle even though it was meant for Saint Walker. To begin with, Kyle embraces the blue ring seeing he's a renagade from the GLC, but then in maybe the upcomming GL cross over event Kyle does something heroic with his blue ring and is accepted back into the GLC, so Kyle accepts, but first he has to return his ring to Saint Walker who has been captured and taken over by the Reach. The rest of the mini series would be about saving Saint Walker and destroying the Reach.

The miniseries would be abouut 15 or so issues long and BL Kyle would be featured in a GL cross over. Thoughts?
Quote:
Quote: