Batman vs Superman John Stewart thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sylent_Asassin View Post
    I always liked Michael Jai White as John Stewart, although he's getting a bit long in the tooth (up there in age). I didn't realize that he was 46.
    Though there is something to be said for the notion that, in Hollywood, if you didn't REALIZE he was 46, he may as well not be, for purposes of casting.

Unless you just hadn't seen him in a while and think he LOOKS too old now. I've found that it often (within a certain range, anyway) makes little difference what the actual age of Hollywood actors are.

Comment

Yeah, witness Tom Cruise's career.

Comment

Iron Man, Robert Downey Jr. is 49 years old and has been signed to be in Avengers 3 where he'll be over 50 when the movie is released. Hugh Jackman is 45 years old and Ben Affleck is 42 years old, and both of them will be playing Wolverine and Batman for a few more films. So, 46 isn't too bad.

I still would like to see a popular choice of Roger R. Cross (47) as John Stewart.

You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

I think an older John Stewart would work really well actually, maybe he's already left the marines or risen to a higher rank when he becomes Green Lantern, unless he's been Green Lantern for a while. Obviously though I hope we see him in a Justice League film, not BvS.
          Originally posted by IonFan
          (even if the ear sucking helped get me off faster)
          Originally posted by Big Daddy Caesar
          If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
          Originally posted by Quaker
          I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.

Comment

Until they officially announce a Flash, GL, or Green Arrow for the Justice League films I still think there's a chance they could merge the two universes between tv and film. They've said they're going to keep them separate but that could just mean 'they're gonna keep them separate... for now.' because they're still working out some finer points. The introduction of Hal Jordan for example could be used to bridge the gap since as far as powers go he'd need a little more budget to pull off. After BvS Hal could be cast for JL, then imagine the same actor cameo'ing in either the Flash, Arrow or both within a year of the GL cast announcement [without it being leaked beforehand] and blowing fans minds when they realize they're going to bridge the universes after all. Jensen Ackles could play a nice Hal and Supernatural is about to end. He's been in films and tv series alike. Somebody like him could bridge the gap, no doubt in my mind.

It's the shared universes that has Marvel stomping DC's ass in films and cartoon shows. Ultimate Spiderman, Avengers Assemble, and the upcoming GotG are all linked, and I don't need to go into detail about the Fox, Sony, Disney rights. DC would be stupid to not try and copy that shared universe model...

~KL~

Comment

No, Jensen Ackles must be Batman!!!!
              Originally posted by IonFan
              (even if the ear sucking helped get me off faster)
              Originally posted by Big Daddy Caesar
              If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
              Originally posted by Quaker
              I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth_Primus View Post
                Iron Man, Robert Downey Jr. is 49 years old and has been signed to be in Avengers 3 where he'll be over 50 when the movie is released. Hugh Jackman is 45 years old and Ben Affleck is 42 years old, and both of them will be playing Wolverine and Batman for a few more films. So, 46 isn't too bad.

I still would like to see a popular choice of Roger R. Cross (47) as John Stewart.

To me Tony Stark has always been an older guy at least in his end-40s. Especially during the late 70s/early 80s he looked really old.

Comment

Since I don't watch the shows and don't plan to, but I do watch the movies, I'd rather they not link the worlds.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                    Since I don't watch the shows and don't plan to, but I do watch the movies, I'd rather they not link the worlds.
                    If the only link is essentially that they use the same actors, I don't really care (unless the actors suck). What I mean is, even if I'm not watching the shows, I don't care if they "link" them to the movies so long as there is no sense in which I'd "need" to watch the shows to understand what's going on in the movies. I feel like that's how Agents of SHIELD is handled. They are clearly in the same universe, use some of the same actors, and yet there is no point at which you will be watching one of the movies and feel like you missed something by not watching the show.

Comment

I can't see the DC movies and tv shows sharing the same universe. The tv shows look far too cheap. It already feels like a different thing. The movies already have enough of an uphill climb without cheap looking tv shows bringing them down.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
                        If the only link is essentially that they use the same actors, I don't really care (unless the actors suck). What I mean is, even if I'm not watching the shows, I don't care if they "link" them to the movies so long as there is no sense in which I'd "need" to watch the shows to understand what's going on in the movies. I feel like that's how Agents of SHIELD is handled. They are clearly in the same universe, use some of the same actors, and yet there is no point at which you will be watching one of the movies and feel like you missed something by not watching the show.
                        Yes and I agree with that, but since in this instance, the show would be first, I pictured something more like the first X-Files movie, which was not very accessible to non-fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                          Yes and I agree with that, but since in this instance, the show would be first, I pictured something more like the first X-Files movie, which was not very accessible to non-fans.
                          Well, if there is a way in which WB can screw up a DC movie, I wouldn't lay odds against them finding it, and that WOULD be one such way...

Comment

Idris Elba as John Stewart.

The end.
                            The last fan of 1990s comics
                            Read my Green Lantern blog The Indigo Tribe

Comment

Too old. He's awesome, but not right.

Comment

He's younger than the other choices. Not to mention a far better actor.
                                The last fan of 1990s comics
                                Read my Green Lantern blog The Indigo Tribe

Comment

Working...
                                X