No announcement yet.

Geoff at Baltimore con Q&A... answers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geoff at Baltimore con Q&A... answers!

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/0809...-dcnation.html

Confirms Martian Manhunter will be a Black Lantern among many others (not that we should be surprised, as we know that "All confirmed dead superheroes are coming back as Black Lanterns" for some time now).

He pretty much flat out, flat out indicates Bart Allen is coming back in Lo3W #3 here, if you remember Geoff's response to a fan asking about Bart at a previous con to "see Lo3W #3."

Black Lantern news/tidbits from the Baltimore Comic Con

Yo.

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/0809...-dcnation.html

Solomon Grundy co-written by Geoff Johns and Scot Kolins, with art by Kolins, which will, according to Sattler, lead into more Grundy in the future, with Johns hinting that Grundy will play a role in the coming Blackest Night storyline.

“Everybody’s a Black Lantern,” DiDio teased Johns.

“That’s why I want Sean to kill more characters,” Johns answered, “So I can bring them all back as Black Lanterns.”
    plus some Red Lantern news:

Next up was a slide of Final Crisis: Rage of the Red Lanterns which, according to Johns, will serve to officially introduce the Red Lanterns as a force. “They’re powers are based on rage,” Johns said, “And they have it out for Sinestro. The day the Guardians decide to execute Sinestro...well, they want to do it themselves. It’s a lot of fun.”
    then, a perplexing description of the Blue Lanterns:

The “War of Light” storyline begins in Green Lantern and Green Lantern Corps in October, Johns said, adding that he and GLC writer Peter Tomasi have discussed the various spectra of Lanterns, as well as their associated emotion at length. Johns said that despite what readers may think, the various emotions represented won’t be demonstrated by the Lanterns in the way they may be thinking. “Pete and I talked a lot about the ‘love’ corps [the Blue Lanterns],” Johns said. “We asked ourselves if that would that be lame, and realized that love can be scary as well.”
    I thought they were based on "hope", not "love"; did I err??

and oh yea, theres also some Milestone news included (which Im pretty psyched about) as well.......

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
    Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

I'd chalk that mistake up to the writer not being a GL fan/reader.

Comment

They most likely meant purple but said Blue. Besides the term Blue Lantern was apparently added by someone else after that conversation.

Comment

Aquaman I can understand, but Ted Kord and Ralph Dibney? I hope Geoff isn't getting in over his head...

Comment

This is going to be awesome!! I can't wait to see all those dead guys back. They should bring back Mongul I and have him face off against Jr!

And yeah that pretty much confirms Bart's on his way! Nice!

Comment

Mongul I and Mongal will almost certainly be there. Though Mongul I, it's a little bit funny... since not only his body but his sould and being were absorbed by Neron/the Devil.

The Dibneys are a little odd, since they're supposed to be travelin' ghosts and all.

Comment

Martian Manhunter +power ring should be enough to take down most heroes going against him.

Comment

They should bring back Psycho Pirate too. I mean he had one of the most kick ass death scenes ever. I mean it was disgusting but it was cool.

Comment

Yo.

all I saw him say was that is Bart *wasnt* gonna be a BL, so wat part did I miss??

and oh yea, U might wanna add my thread to yurs A-NDB.

Tazer
                    Tazer
                    That Evil, Yellow Bastiche
                    Last edited by Tazer; 09-28-2008, 09:21 PM.

Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

The fact that he WON'T be a Black Lantern means he'll be back BEFORE Blackest Night. And it seems he will be the "lightning rod" in Legion of 3 Worlds.

Comment

Originally posted by Tazer View Post
                        all I saw him say was that is Bart *wasnt* gonna be a BL; wat part were U talking about??
                        Well, you have to put it all together. He doesn't do it for you.

Exhibit A: Geoff at a previous con is asked, "Will Bart Allen come back?" He responds "Read Legion of 3 Worlds."

Exhibit B: Solicits for Legion of 3 Worlds #3 indicate a character will be returning/coming back to life in it.

Exhibit C: In Baltimore right now, Geoff mentions we will see who is inside the Lightning Rod from the end of "The Lightning Saga" in the pages of Legion of 3 Worlds #3. For a long time now it'd been speculated it was Barry Allen that was in it... but when he came back in Final Crisis and it had nothing to do with the lightning rod, by process of elimination many suspect it is Bart Allen.

Exhibit D: In Baltimore right now, Geoff has cemented that Bart Allen will not be a Black Lantern (thus, not dead by the time of Blackest Night as we know that ALL confirmed dead DC superheroes are coming back at that).

A picture is painted pretty clear about Bart's resurrection and return in the 31st Century. And it can't be a coincidence that Superboy-Prime hates speedsters.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post

Exhibit A: Geoff at a previous con is asked, "Will Bart Allen come back?" He responds "Read Legion of 3 Worlds."

Exhibit B: Solicits for Legion of 3 Worlds #3 indicate a character will be returning/coming back to life in it.

Exhibit C: In Baltimore right now, Geoff mentions we will see who is inside the Lightning Rod from the end of "The Lightning Saga" in the pages of Legion of 3 Worlds #3. For a long time now it'd been speculated it was Barry Allen that was in it... but when he came back in Final Crisis, by process of elimination many suspect it is Bart Allen.

Exhibit D: In Baltimore right now, Geoff has cemented that Bart Allen will not be a Black Lantern (thus, not dead by the time of Blackest Night as we know that ALL confirmed dead DC superheroes are coming back at that).

A picture is painted pretty clear about Bart's resurrection and return in the 31st Century. And we know that Superboy-Prime hates speedsters.
                          Exactly.

Comment

Yo.

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post

Exhibit C: In Baltimore right now, Geoff mentions we will see who is inside the Lightning Rod from the end of "The Lightning Saga" in the pages of Legion of 3 Worlds #3. For a long time now it'd been speculated it was Barry Allen that was in it... but when he came back in Final Crisis and it had nothing to do with the lightning rod, by process of elimination many suspect it is Bart Allen.

A picture is painted pretty clear about Bart's resurrection and return in the 31st Century. And it can't be a coincidence that Superboy-Prime hates speedsters.
                            ok, but if I may play devils advocate for a sec? thats still not an indicator that Bart is the person who was pulled down in that l-bolt.

I mean, we know that a speedster got pulled outta there, and hes told everybody to read Lo3W for a sign of Bart.......now, while Id like to see the kid return (his death was messy AND lame) Im not convinced that its him; theres atleast 2 other speedsters who have been lost to the SF (3 if we count a villain), and would take less effort to explain them being there than Bart to be so.

now greanted, we ARE talking about GJ here, and his ability to retcon shit to fit his needs knows no bounds apparently, but I really think doing so would be just TOO EASY for him, and iirc Geoff does like to keep us readers guessing.

Im just saying is all, cuz I dont want U Impulse-fanatics coming after me.......and West, yea that means *YOU!!*

Tazer

Comment

It doesn't actually...I'm against Barts return, especially the way his return is happening. Geoff is making it look like the Rogues didn't mean to kill him, when they obviously did...not to mention I was never a Impulse guy...

Comment

Working...
                              X