Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hope they don't go with rubber or anything overly shiny. Or excessive armor. I'm not stubborn on what it has to be, I just know things it shouldn't be when I see them.

Maybe DC should take some inspiration from the movie Deadpool costume.

Comment

• I think they should go with something slightly rubbery, like a diving suit, not Batman Forever.

Comment

• I watched that video a few days ago too.

I thought it was interesting that it noted that the MCU is using the same technology for their CGI like Spider-Man, Iron Man and Thanos. Not to mention Rocket, which Sean Gunn played.

I think a mixture of practical and CGI suit, like Iron Man and Spider-Man is the way to go. Personally, I thought that's the way the would go with Reynold's suit. Seriously, I think it would be that complicated. I thought they would just put Reynolds in a practical suit, and just CGI him like a Star Wars lightsabre when he was using his power ring.

You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• Inside DOOMSDAY CLOCK With GEOFF JOHNS After its Finale
          Johns: It’s a really exciting year to have Doomsday Clock finished up. I’m doing more comics. Stargirl trailer’s out. Wonder Woman’s on its way. And a lot of work with Green Lantern outside comics that hopefully you’ll hear about soon.
          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Andrew does a lot of work with Green Lantern outside comics. I do a lot of work with Green Lantern outside comics. That doesn't mean we're making a sequel to the Ryan Reynolds movie.

Comment

• Sure but I don't believe either of you have been linked to the GLC movie or have a good work relationship/history with the guy in charge of the HBO MAX GL series so...
              Hypo
              Lil' Leaguer
              Last edited by Hypo; 12-22-2019, 10:18 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael Heide View Post
                Andrew does a lot of work with Green Lantern outside comics. I do a lot of work with Green Lantern outside comics. That doesn't mean we're making a sequel to the Ryan Reynolds movie.
                That's not a denial either.

Comment

• Oh, I wish we were. With a Hollywood budget and access to movie stars? We'd make a billion dollar movie.

Comment

• I always thought I had a proper formula for presenting Superman on screen. And unlike the Snyder movies, Jimmy Olsen was a pivotal character with a bit of the movie from his POV.

The end would have included Jimmy discovering Clark and Superman are one and the same.

Comment

• Green Lantern would make a much better television series than a movie -- especially if they'd lose the ring constructs, which would get the budgets under control. But Geoff would never figure that out in a million years.

Comment

• But if you take away the constructs, what makes it different from the Nova Corps or the Lensmen?

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael Heide View Post
                          But if you take away the constructs, what makes it different from the Nova Corps or the Lensmen?
                          A while back, some people were bitching about the GLC because "they all have the same powers."

Steve Englehart replied to them, "It ain't about the powers."

If it were about the powers, then the Martian Manhunter would be the biggest star in comics, because he's got billions and billions and billions of powers. And Batman would be a nonentity, because he's got no powers at all. But in terms of their popularity, it's exactly the other was around, isn't it?

Meanwhile, look at all this convoluted shit. How are you going to do this in a movie, and who is going to care about it even if you do? Just flush it all down into the sewage system where it belongs and reboot it, much simplified.

Besides, even if it were simplified with a reboot, Green Lantern would still be too big a story to tell in a movie. You need the time that a television series would give you.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_Lantern_Corps
                          Trey Strain
                          Guardian of the Universe
                          Last edited by Trey Strain; 12-23-2019, 08:46 PM.

Comment

• A version of Emerald Twilight could make an expanded DCEU interesting while rebooting the character[s] for their own franchise, while also setting up Justice League films around the concepts of Zero Hour and Final Night.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trey Strain View Post
                              Green Lantern would make a much better television series than a movie -- especially if they'd lose the ring constructs, which would get the budgets under control. But Geoff would never figure that out in a million years.
                              The energy constructs ARE Green Lantern! What you could do is start off with Hal Jordan's "1950" boxing glove, brick wall, scissors, etc. Give the computers the time to make more complex constructs later in the series with John Stewart, Kyle Rayner, etc. Hal and Guy can just be Plain Janes until then. Guy has baseball bats, guns, lift platforms, etc.

Just like with T2 the movie, what is expensive today should be cheaper tomorrow. But no CGI faces, please. Like said above, use CGI for the costume change, but get a green-and-black thick leotard with some plastic molded pieces for normal costume shots.

Comment

• Ninety-nine percent of television views don't know jack about Green Lantern. They won't say "But where are the ring constructs?"

Furthermore, a lot of people, if they saw them, would say to their children, "Hey Billy and Janie. There's a new kids show on now. Come check it out."

As I said earlier, it's not about the powers.

It's too bad I ain't gonna have time to write the show...

Trey Strain
                                Guardian of the Universe
                                Last edited by Trey Strain; 12-27-2019, 04:13 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X