Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The GL and Hal Jordan book really interests me, since it's been a while since it's been a long while since we've seen Hal interacting with the Corps, let alone feature an entire book center around him and the corps.

I suspect that Green Lanterns book will feature Cruz as the main earth lantern, especially if the silhouette is anything to go by. I know most people are already in agony about that potential, but I just take it with a resounding eh! Also she'll be with another unnamed Lantern.
    Mister.Weirdo
    Guardian of the Universe
    Last edited by Mister.Weirdo; 02-19-2016, 07:55 AM.

Comment

Two GL books twice a month sounds pretty good to me. The whole diversification theme of getting more female heroes in the genre point toward Power Ring getting a spotlight is a part of the deal.

The key for any comic is, art and story. If they tell a good GL story, I'm in.

I'm guessing they will rotate artists a bit to crank out 4 GL books a month.

Hal and GLC -- sounds like the primary space based adventures while GLs are going to be our new 2814 Lanterns.

As for the rest of Rebirth, including a potential original Alan Scott also sounds pretty good. We shall see.

-Don
      “Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.” ― Mahatma Gandhi

Comment

Maybe that Female GL silhouette is actually the new Alan Scott and they've re-imagined him as transgender now.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
          Maybe that Female GL silhouette is actually the new Alan Scott and they've re-imagined him as transgender now.

YOU SUIT THE H@LL UP, YOU SUIT THE H@LL UP RIGHT NOW (DC maybe watching)

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

Hope Dale Eaglesham is on a GL title since I don't remember seeing any new Secret Six in the line-up.

And does anybody else miss Moose on colors?

~M~

Comment

Eaglesham and Paul Pelletier aren't the sexy big names A list type but are always solid B list artists and the GL franchise would be lucky to have such consistent and quality artists as these two.

Comment

Originally posted by W.West View Post
                Are you kidding? Johns loves to foreshadow his next big thing.
                In fact, that's all he's ever done. Cliffhung one "big thing" into the "next big thing" and over and over which becomes like a Human Centipede connected ass-to-mouth, but into infinity. With no payoff ever. You never, ever get to see the person at the very end of the line actually take a shit because there is no person at the end of the line.

Comment

And "Hal Jordan & The Green Lantern Corps" like Green Lantern Corps needs Hal's marquee value or something. lol...

Comment

Originally posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
                    How will the art work on the twice monthly books? Will artists do arcs or will they alternate. Didn't Pacheco and EVA alternate arcs at the beginning of the volume after Rebirth?
                    If they've planned it out correctly they should have artists alternating arcs, however that puts the onus on the writer to make sure everything is planned out far in advance (i.e. when artist 1 is working on arc 1, artist 2 should also be working on arc 2) to make sure everything is running smoothly.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
                      In fact, that's all he's ever done. Cliffhung one "big thing" into the "next big thing" and over and over which becomes like a Human Centipede connected ass-to-mouth, but into infinity.
                      Those movies were just

Comment

In fact, that's all he's ever done. Cliffhung one "big thing" into the "next big thing" and over and over which becomes like a Human Centipede connected ass-to-mouth, but into infinity. With no payoff ever.
                        It's funny because it's true!

Comment

In fact, that's all he's ever done. Cliffhung one "big thing" into the "next big thing" and over and over which becomes like a Human Centipede connected ass-to-mouth, but into infinity. With no payoff ever.

I hate that those movies became a thing

Comment

My metaphor is correct. You never, ever get to see the person at the very end of the line actually take a shit because there is no person at the end of the line. Just another person with their mouth on the person in front of them's ass (i.e., the Big Story handshaking the one before it).

Comment

Comment

And also, whatever you feed the guy at the start of the Geoff Johns Human Centipede of Creative Bankruptcy, it's decent food. Not bad at all. Not filet mignon, but somewhere around or a little above Red Robin quality. Then the first guy shits it into the next one's mouth ("the next big story") and it's not quite as good at all... but maybe not wholly toxic. Now, by the time that same meal reaches, say, the 5th or 6th guy ("the next big story" x5) it's not even digestible anymore... it's just rectal fluid and stomach acid recycling itself. Maybe a few errant pieces of corn.

Comment

Working...
                                X