X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Titans, CANCELLED

So much for the love for Kyle in 2019.

https://comicbook.com/dc/2019/01/20/...7AlLNfhy6w1RIQ

This is exactly what I was afraid of. Throw Kyle in a fucking Titans book, then it gets cancelled, now the takeaway is "Well Kyle can't even sell in a Titans book!"

That does give the impression there is a stink on him. When to be fair, they had to already have had a cancellation date in mind when they decided to add Kyle to the title for the last few issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker View Post
      That does give the impression there is a stink on him. When to be fair, they had to already have had a cancellation date in mind when they decided to add Kyle to the title for the last few issues.
      That's fucked up. Why throw Kyle on the ship of the damned?

Comment

I think sometimes when the editor and creative team knows a title is on its way out, they throw in another character as a hail mary to add a few sales. Maybe to show as proof to their bosses they tried to salavage the title? So they can't be blamed for the cancellation and accused of not doing tried and true tactics to gain readership? I know I would do that as a CYA for my job.

Or maybe they just wanted to do it for a goof and knew they had a few lame duck issues left to do it in.

Comment

Could just be for some added exposure. If they do have other plans it's a way to remind readers that he exists.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker View Post
            Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
            That's fucked up. Why throw Kyle on the ship of the damned?
            I doubt they knew it was going to be cancelled for sure but they had to have known it was trending in that direction. Adding Kyle was probably their last try to make it sell again though usually they try this kind of thing with a Batman guest appearance.

Comment

Or maybe the creator just wanted to write Kyle?

Comment

should of Made Kyle Great Again....................... just saying at this point what harm could it do?

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

The way the series is ending and with numerous references to saving the Multiverse.... I'm still betting this leads into some new form of the Challengers from Beyond.

Teen Titans will likely get cancelled soon as well with Young Justice and Bendis' Wonder Comics taking the more youthful characters and doing something with them. We'll probably get a new Titans volume [no Teen, just 'Titans'] that looks more like what's being done with the team on the DCU streaming service, just without the tease of Superboy. Nightwing, Raven, Starfire, and Beast Boy along with two or three more characters to spice things up. Doubt we'll see Hawk & Dove among the roster, hoping Bendis or one of his minions brings that series back under the Wonder Comics line...

Comment

In the meantime Kyle will be guest starring in this week's Justice League Annual #1:

The Source Wall has degraded too much, and the League must patch the hole right now or the whole Multiverse will collapse! Our heroes scramble for a solution and turn to the only thing that might work: the Omega Titans! The only problem? They killed the Entropy Titan back in JUSTICE LEAGUE: NO JUSTICE. Whoops...but never fear! Kyle Rayner, Miss Martian and Steel-from the non-planet-eating Titans team-guest-star with a plan to create a new Entropy Titan...one that's so crazy it just might work.

Comment

You can tell this started out as an attempt to boost the sales of Titans. And then they changed their minds and cancelled the book anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
                        So much for the love for Kyle in 2019.

https://comicbook.com/dc/2019/01/20/...7AlLNfhy6w1RIQ

This is exactly what I was afraid of. Throw Kyle in a fucking Titans book, then it gets cancelled, now the takeaway is "Well Kyle can't even sell in a Titans book!"
                        It's the B-team title of junior varsity heroes. Whether he was pulled or the book got cancelled, it was still short and painless. He'll eventually make his way into the Morrison GL book or hook up with some other heroes. We just need to be patient.
                        Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

The most recent issue of Titans sold 24,870, which is well above the normal cancellation level of 17K for DCU titles on icv2. So it was canceled because someone thought it could be done better, which is probably true.

Look for Kyle to come back in retooled version of the comic, this time with a higher-wattage supporting cast.

Comment

Originally posted by Trey Strain View Post
                            The most recent issue of Titans sold 24,870, which is well above the normal cancellation level of 17K for DCU titles on icv2. So it was canceled because someone thought it could be done better, which is probably true.

Look for Kyle to come back in retooled version of the comic, this time with a higher-wattage supporting cast.
                            I doubt it. This seems like a move to reunite the TTs with a line-up similar to the live-action/cartoon shows. Plus, Kyle was just responding to a distress call, so it wasn't written like a decision to devote a long period of time to playing den mother. I expect that we'll get an announcement about Justice League Odyssey soon where Starfire (and possibly Cyborg) will be yanked to assume the leadership role(s) with the TTs. Kyle might be in limbo for a short time.
                            Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

Its just as likely he'll protect the Multiverse along with Donna Troy after this team of Titans disbands. And now that Red Hood is a lone outlaw, he's in a position to rejoin the Challengers From Beyond as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X