Ron Marz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ron Marz

Marz, who hasn't written Green Lantern since 2004, is suddenly getting a lot of hype here. What's up with that?

Probably because of his story in the Anniversary issue?

Comment

I suspect it's because Marz recently went on Twitter and threw a tantrum about Harry Philippo's politely asking him to sign some comics covers at a con in 2003, or whenever it was. After the con, Harry publicly praised Marz for his graciousness in signing them.

Apparently Marz's regrettable outburst about an unjustified grievance from that long ago has made him relevant again. Harry is dead and can't speak for himself, and normally I wouldn't attempt to, but in this case I think I should.

Robert Venditti has a story in the anniversary issue. Maybe we should hype him instead of Marz. After all, most of today's readers actually remember when Venditti wrote the comic.

As a matter of fact, Venditti said he never read Marz's stories until after he was hired as the writer of Green Lantern. That's how far removed from the comic Marz is.

That's the way it should stay.
      Trey Strain
      Guardian of the Universe
      Last edited by Trey Strain; 06-28-2020, 01:05 AM.

Comment

"Tantrum"?

You're fucking delusional.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Heide View Post
          "Tantrum"?

You're fucking delusional.
          He abruptly started ranting about something that happened many years ago. Harry didn't intend any offense to him and he shouldn't have taken any, let alone should he have nursed a grudge against a dead man for that long. That was just uncalled for.

But hey, it got him back in the comic book news again. For fifteen minutes, anyway.

The last thing I want to do is to discuss any of that shit again. And I thought I'd never have to. But if you kick a dead friend of mine, then I'll speak up for him.
          Trey Strain
          Guardian of the Universe
          Last edited by Trey Strain; 07-07-2020, 08:24 PM.

Comment

Ron Marz is co-writing the Endless Winter event for DC. Aside from that I saw he was attacked by cancel culture around the same time that Marvel writer told a fan to eat a bag of pre fucked dicks [Gerry Dugan]. Marz simply stating that his bosses are the people who hire him and not the fans was enough to piss people off and put him in the same boat as those pompous Marvel writers who called half the fandom racists and homophobes.

Endless Winter is the first event I've looked forward to in awhile because it seems mostly contained to 5 one-shots and 4 issues crossing over into titles such as Aquaman, Flash, Justice League, and JL: Dark. And all in the same month IIRC.

Comment

Don't get into fights with your customers and then say, "Nyah, nyah. I work for that guy over there. Not for you."

I know a woman who when customers would complain about something her company had done, she'd reply, "That other department over there did that. Not our department."

Do you think that impressed or assuaged the customers? I don't.

Comics pros would do well to stay off social media, since many of them seem to heed only the praise they get.

But my best wishes to Marz on the project. Comics are a declining industry that are caught up in a once-in-a-century plague, and opportunities are declining for everyone. All the companies need to score some successes.
              Trey Strain
              Guardian of the Universe
              Last edited by Trey Strain; 11-27-2020, 03:05 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X