Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > General > General/About Us
FLASHCHAT

General

Old 01-15-2019, 02:29 PM   #1
Darth_Andrea
Owned by Natu

Send a message via MSN to Darth_Andrea
Default CBS Announces a new Star Trek Series Staring Michelle Yeoh

CBS has announced a new Star Trek series for their All Access Streaming Service. The untitled series will star Michelle Yoeh as the main protagonist reprising her role from Star Trek Discovery of Empress Philippa Georgiou from the Mirror Universe now a member of Section 31.

While this announcement is a bit of a surprise given it's link to Discovery I think this series if handled properly might do well. Michelle Yeoh is a hell of an actress and was initially a main draw for me to Discovery when it was announced. I mean you don't do movies with Jett Li and Jackie Chan and not earn some cred.

No release date for this series has been given. I would expect however given we got the announcement just a couple of days ago, we should see a pilot in the next year to year and a half at the most.

Also CBS announced that 2 more shorts, this time animated, would be released on CBS All Access after season 2 of Discovery has ended. They also stated that Discovery season 2 would be 13 episodes long and not take a mid-season break, so all 13 episodes will air week to week nonstop till it's over.

I feel their starting to learn how this streaming stuff is done. But if they were smart they would drop the whole season at once. Updates as I get them.

Darth_Andrea
Old 01-15-2019, 06:11 PM   #2
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

She did a pretty good job as a Bond girl for Brosnan. His best Bond movie IMO.
Old 01-15-2019, 07:33 PM   #3
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker View Post
She did a pretty good job as a Bond girl for Brosnan. His best Bond movie IMO.
Really? She was good in it and the movie has some good points, but I've never heard a Bond fan call Tomorrow Never Dies superior to Golden Eye. Now, if you're looking for a lesser known good Michelle Yeoh flick, track down Heroic Trio.
Old 01-15-2019, 07:54 PM   #4
IonFan
Forum Member

yay another show that's not canon, just what the fans DIDN'T ask for

i can look at STD for free and i stopped cause of the D-7 f@ck up what makes him think i'd come back for more of the same

IonFan says

Quote:
F**k all the "Haters" 3 years in and i still support our dear leader, one Donald J. Trump
IonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 07:54 PM   #5
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

Oh hell yeah. Even in my circle of nerd friends we all agreed TND was Brosnan's best Bond flick. Goldeneye was maybe the 2nd best but suffered from trying too hard to mock him as a dinosaur in pc times. I think that as a Bond girl Yoeh added a lot to the movie that none of the previous women were able to do. And Jonathan Pryce was fantastic as the main villain.
Old 01-15-2019, 07:57 PM   #6
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

As for Discovery and this spin off, not to mention the kelvin timeline, I'm just tired of new Star Trek projects hovering over TOS era, like god damn vultures. They have picked that era clean. Move on and do a show set AFTER TNG. If anything else the advancing tech won't stick out like a sore thumb.
Old 01-15-2019, 08:36 PM   #7
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by IonFan View Post
...i can look at STD for free and i stopped cause of the D-7 f@ck up what makes him think i'd come back for more of the same
You mean you steal it. Saying you "can" watch it for free makes it sounds like a legitimate option. I "can" drive all my neighbors' cars whenever I want, but it's illegal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker View Post
Oh hell yeah. Even in my circle of nerd friends we all agreed TND was Brosnan's best Bond flick. Goldeneye was maybe the 2nd best but suffered from trying too hard to mock him as a dinosaur in pc times. I think that as a Bond girl Yoeh added a lot to the movie that none of the previous women were able to do. And Jonathan Pryce was fantastic as the main villain.

That's fine, BTW. When I made that post I was listening to a Stevie Wonder record and just after I sent it, "Mr. Know It All" played and I thought "dang, I sound like a pedantic jerk." The above probably sounds like it too, but I'm not a big fan of pirating.

Actually, I can understand under different cirumstances pretty much any Bond flick being someone's favorite though if I ever meet the guy who says Quantum Solace, I might have a long talk.
Old 01-15-2019, 08:47 PM   #8
IonFan
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Cop View Post
You mean you steal it. Saying you "can" watch it for free makes it sounds like a legitimate option. I "can" drive all my neighbors' cars whenever I want, but it's illegal.
oh yeah i *was* looking at this illegally but now i'm not (i'm looking at YJ now for free )

IonFan says

Quote:
F**k all the "Haters" 3 years in and i still support our dear leader, one Donald J. Trump
IonFan is offline   Reply With Quote