FLASHCHAT

General

Old 01-15-2019, 02:38 PM   #1
Darth_Andrea
Owned by Natu

Send a message via MSN to Darth_Andrea
Default Spider-Man : Far From Home Trailer

This looks so good ..

Well I can't get the inbed to work so here is a link ...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYYtuKyMtY8

Darth_Andrea

Last edited by Darth_Andrea; 01-15-2019 at 02:44 PM.
Darth_Andrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 03:51 PM   #2
"Chosen"
NOT his black friend

I might be the only person tired of spiderman movies
"Chosen" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 04:39 PM   #3
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Chosen" View Post
I might be the only person tired of spiderman movies
I liked Homecoming, but I was surprised that I did. I was into Spidey comics for a bit in the late 80s but starting with the second Raimi movie the character just starting to grate on me.
Old 01-15-2019, 04:54 PM   #4
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

I love how the "Far from home" trailer ended with Flash Thompson.

Kinda weird seeing Aunt May in on Peter's Spidey secret.
Old 01-15-2019, 06:09 PM   #5
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

Meh. This trailer doesn't do anything for me, aside from make me nostalgic for the Raimi movies.
Old 01-15-2019, 06:22 PM   #6
Tazer
That Evil, Yellow Bastiche

Yo.

Im lookin' forward to seein' Blury back on-screen, and the new look for the suit works too.....

but I'll be honest: JG operating w/o the bubble kickstarts the nerd rage tho.
:/

Tazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.
Tazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 10:55 PM   #7
Sylent_Asassin
Black Lantern

Eh... It was okay. Fury, Mysterio, laughs, explosions, big effects... A recipe for a summer, popcorn blockbuster. At this point, though, I'm kind of super heroed out and fatigued, tbh.
Old 01-15-2019, 11:26 PM   #8
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylent_Asassin View Post
... At this point, though, I'm kind of super heroed out and fatigued, tbh.
That's how I've felt. There are still ones I'm hopeful for or curious about, but I don't get excited just because it's a comic book/superhero movie anymore and even when I'm watching them and this stuff is happening left and right, I kind of feel 'meh.'
Old 01-15-2019, 11:51 PM   #9
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Eh... It was okay. Fury, Mysterio, laughs, explosions, big effects... A recipe for a summer, popcorn blockbuster. At this point, though, I'm kind of super heroed out and fatigued, tbh.
What you mean it's a superhero movie? It's a documentary.
Old 01-16-2019, 02:24 PM   #10
Space Cop
The Dandy

Spider-man: Far from Home trailer reminds internet of the Olsen Twins movies

Last edited by Space Cop; 01-16-2019 at 02:50 PM.
Space Cop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 04:02 PM   #11
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

Quote:
At this point, though, I'm kind of super heroed out and fatigued, tbh.
I feel like any itch I had for Marvel has been more than scratched. I still haven't seen Ant Man 2 and no way am I going to bother with Captain Marvel. I'll see Avengers 4 but after that I really don't have a lot I need from Marvel. They have done almost any characters I remotely care about as I am a lifelong DC guy. I would love to see them do the Sub Mariner. And to see Marvel do the FF properly.

After that I only have hopes that WB can get some of my childhood DC heroes done as well as Nolan's Batman, WW and Aquaman turned out. And then I am kind of done with super hero movies
Old 01-16-2019, 04:18 PM   #12
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color

Well, I'm still excited about Marvel movies. Maybe it has something to do with it being something I can share with the kids, I dunno, but I look forward to each new entry. I REALLY wish I felt the same about DC movies, but so far they have been mostly disappointing (or else so clearly something that doesn't interest me that I never bothered watching them, like Suicide Squad). I'll see Aquaman when it comes to the cheap theaters, and I'll likely see Shazam, too, unless the reviews make it clear that it isn't what I want from a Shazam movie, but I just can't get excited about any of them in advance.
Old 01-16-2019, 08:00 PM   #13
Tazer
That Evil, Yellow Bastiche

Yo.

Quote:

Tazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.
Tazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 03:30 AM   #14
Robinson
Guardian Of The Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazer View Post
Yo.

Im lookin' forward to seein' Blury back on-screen, and the new look for the suit works too.....

but I'll be honest: JG operating w/o the bubble kickstarts the nerd rage tho.
:/

Tazer
But he does wear the helmet.
Old 01-17-2019, 04:26 AM   #15
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
But he does wear the helmet.

I wasn't sure myself if Tazer missed that or was complaining that he seems to be more without it. For my part, I was wondering who that was until I caught the quick bubble-helmet shot (though the misty magic stuff made me pretty sure).

Last edited by Space Cop; 01-17-2019 at 04:28 AM.
Old 01-17-2019, 08:19 AM   #16
Ωmega Man
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker View Post
I feel like any itch I had for Marvel has been more than scratched. I still haven't seen Ant Man 2 and no way am I going to bother with Captain Marvel. I'll see Avengers 4 but after that I really don't have a lot I need from Marvel. They have done almost any characters I remotely care about as I am a lifelong DC guy. I would love to see them do the Sub Mariner. And to see Marvel do the FF properly.

After that I only have hopes that WB can get some of my childhood DC heroes done as well as Nolan's Batman, WW and Aquaman turned out. And then I am kind of done with super hero movies
This is me to a certain extent. I saw the trailer and wasn't really moved by it. Marvel is pretty one note with most of their movies and of their 20 or so films I've maaaaybe seen half?

I love me some C and D list characters, doesn't matter which company owns them. I highly doubt I'll ever see even a quarter of them live action or animated.

There's a few things I want to see at this point from Marvel. The Fantastic 4 done right, a brawl between the Hulk and Thing in live action, and to see how they incorporate the mutants into their universe and how much more or less cannon the MCU interpretations will be. I'd love to see the Invaders in the MCU with Namor now since you mentioned him...

As for DC there's a few characters I want to see in live action either on the CW, the DCU app, or in film. Since Ragman was done on Arrow already my top picks would be Metamorpho [or they could use 'the Element Man' alias], Captain Atom, and the Question.

Old 01-17-2019, 01:59 PM   #17
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ωmega Man View Post
This is me to a certain extent. I saw the trailer and wasn't really moved by it. Marvel is pretty one note with most of their movies and of their 20 or so films I've maaaaybe seen half?...
Yeah, I've mostly kept up with it (I think I only missed Logan, A&W, and IW), but that's been in large part to stuff hitting Instant Netflix or my local library getting it. I liked a lot of the buildup to Avengers, but then I haven't even seen Infinity War yet. I will (it's also on Netflix), but I don't feel any rush. The last few I saw all felt the same---the heroes argue and mock each other and then there's some super big fight where hundreds of things happen at once (Avg 1 & 2 both had all these cannon fodder baddies so each goodie could take out like 30 minions at once) moving at crazy speeds with swish pans and quick cuts. To me, that can be worth a watch, but nothing to get excited about.
Old 01-18-2019, 10:30 PM   #18
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

Ya'll lightweights.

Right now, I feel I'm a very long way from having superhero fatigued. Like comic books, I typically look forward to the next installment.

And with Marvel flicks, there's a new frontier coming with Phase IV and the incorporation of the X-Men, Fantastic Four and the surrounding characters of Dr. Doom, Silver Surfer, Galactus, etc.

The MCU has become my adult version of Saturday morning cartoons.
Old 01-19-2019, 01:57 AM   #19
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Primus View Post
Ya'll lightweights.

Right now, I feel I'm a very long way from having superhero fatigued...
I get that. It's totally a taste thing. I understand still being excited by it all, I just am not personally. On the other hand, I still look forward to all the Fast & Furious movies even though they're pretty formulaic and part of the big event-type movies I'm mostly sick of (so I also get the people that see the trailers for those and just sigh).

I think a lot of it is my preference for practical. I'd rather watch a hardcore, low-budget 70s grindhouse movie where a stuntman really risked his life or a makeup fx dude worked his butt off to make a monster from foam latex on a human being than a group of half-CGI-clothed heroes taking on 100 CGI aliens in shaky cam and blur moves. The original Gone in 60 Seconds, for instance, gets my heart racing a lot more than Avengers 2. I'm not saying that's objectively better, but it just works better for me.

But I also get how that is out-dated, small, and not "photo realistic" for most modern audiences. I'm just getting old.

And, as I say, it's more an overall feeling than a rule. I still watch them all eventually and I really liked Spider-man: Homecoming and Ant-Man.

Last edited by Space Cop; 01-19-2019 at 04:19 AM.