Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kotobukiya Green Lantern Statue.

http://www.cooltoyreview.com/story/f...tue_163362.asp

Now I am not usually a big Stickler for articulation,as a matter of fact too much Articulation can keep me from buying a figure. That said you know this bad boy is gonna be at least a hundred bucks,and for 100 big boys you can't have 5 fake POAs it's a shame because it looks cool as hell,but price point is gonna play a big role inif I buy this.

That said it is freaking cool looking.
    Take life with a Grain of salt and a shot of tequila!

the scale is the same as the new figures 52 (10.1). I think a little expensive for the size. I'll maybe buy one or two digits. 1980 Vintage superpowers, good news for this series and nostalgia that accompanies it.

Comment

Now isn't there going to be another line competing with this, from the company that does the jumbo size star Wars figures where they use the old molds? I think I saw somewhere that they are doing the Superpowers line next.

If my memory IS correct, I'm skipping this one, and holding out for theirs. I'd love a giant size Super Powers Green Lantern figure on a giant blistercard. I don't buy much GL merch anymore, but the sheer awesomeness of the nostalgia will get my money.

Comment

Looks cool, but not for $100 and only 5 PoA. For that much and with those stats, the figure would need to be 20" tall for me to even think of purchasing.

Comment

Originally posted by Sylent_Asassin View Post
          Looks cool, but not for $100 and only 5 PoA.
          Actually, if I'm reading the copy correctly, it has ZERO points of articulation. It is simply a statue made to LOOK LIKE a figure with 5 PoA.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
            Actually, if I'm reading the copy correctly, it has ZERO points of articulation. It is simply a statue made to LOOK LIKE a figure with 5 PoA.
            You might be right about that.

resembling a classic five points-of-articulation toy!
            It would seem silly to make a toy that LOOKS LIKE it has articulation, but doesn't. What's the point? Might as well just make it a full-on statue.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
              This is correct.
              You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

Working...
              X