This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mister.Weirdo View Post
    ...I should also point out that the Hobbit is being in shown in 24fps.
    That's the exact opposite of what Tazz's article said. Source?

Comment

• Originally posted by Lantern A-train View Post
      They could afford to plenty when 3D wasnt all the rage.
      True, but at that point showing the 2D version didn't entail taking up a EXTRA screen with the same movie. If they are only willing to devote a single screen to a film, then 3D is probably the smart choice, as annoying as that is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
        That's the exact opposite of what Tazz's article said. Source?
        http://www.thehdroom.com/news/Peter-...eactions/10620

Those who take offense to 48fps should have no issues finding a cinema playing the film in 24fps. The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey will be down-converted to 24fps for cinemas that don't have projectors capable of throwing a 48fps image. Much like the early days of 3D, it may be harder to find a theater running the film in 48fps than 24fps.

It will be in both 48fps and 24fps, depending on the theater.
        Mister.Weirdo
        Guardian of the Universe
        Last edited by Mister.Weirdo; 04-25-2012, 07:25 PM.

Comment

• Interesting. That would certainly help. They can digitally treat it to give it a more normal fps look.

Comment

• Updates on Transformers, Top Gun 2 and Jack Ryan
            The latest on all of Paramount's hottest projects.

Several Paramount films got a status update today thanks to the studio's Film Group president Adam Goodman. Read on for the latest on Transformers 4, Top Gun 2 and the Jack Ryan reboot...

-- Transformers 4 will be scripted by Ehren Kruger, who also wrote the third film and co-wrote the second. Regarding Shia LaBeouf's leaving the franchise, Goodman says, "The story is going in a different direction now."

-- Chances are we'll see Top Gun 2 with Tom Cruise before the next Mission: Impossible. The original's Jerry Bruckheimer will produce the sequel, with Tony Scott also back to direct. Peter Craig (The Town) is scripting.

-- The Jack Ryan reboot with Chris Pine is gearing up to shoot after Star Trek 2. "I think the idea is to try and get it for 2013," says Goodman.

-- Regarding Darren Aronofsky's biblical epic Noah, the exec says, "It will be a big, robust production and will have tremendous scale. It's the perfect combination of casting [Russell Crowe, Saoirse Ronan and Jennifer Connelly] and a remarkable adventure. This isn't what you think of when you think of Darren, but it will be very true to him as a filmmaker. It will be PG-13 and will likely cost around $125 million."

For even more about Paramount's current plans, head over to The Hollywood Reporter for the full interview.

http://movies.ign.com/articles/122/1223750p1.html
            .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave View Post
              As for Terminator, I liked 3 and 4 at the time and still think they are ok movies. I can pop them in and enjoy them for what they are. But the truth is (IMO anyway), Terminator 1 and 2 are the only ones that count. In retrospect they should have stopped there.

Sometimes I fantasize that Cameron will come back to do one last movie and they can call it T3 and pretend nothing else happened in between. And that it would make this amazing trilogy. Then I come to and realize how sad I am because it'll never happen...
              after the 2nd film i was like ok im done

i pretend the last 2 films dont even exist honestly

first 2 are great

Comment

• Updates On Transformers 4, Top Gun 2, Mission: Impossible 5, The Ring, Noah, Jack Ryan, Micronauts… And More

Comment

• How Cumberbatch Was Cast in Trek 2
                  The Sherlock actor says he won the role thanks to his iPhone.

Sherlock star Benedict Cumberbatch says he owes his role in Star Trek 2 to his iPhone.

In a new interview with The New York Times, the Brit actor reveals that he learned director J.J. Abrams was interested in him for the role last December, but due to Christmas there was no one available to properly film his audition. So Cumberbatch asked a friend to record him on his iPhone.

"I was pretty strung out," said Cumberbatch, "so that went into the performance." Abrams liked what he saw, telling the actor via e-mail that it was "one of the most compelling audition readings I'd ever seen."

In another interview, this one with Zap2It, Cumberbatch said he's gone up two suit sizes working out for his unspecified bad guy role. "The movie goes very well," he said. "It's very, very long hours, but it's an incredible job. It's phenomenal. ... Just the range of stuff I get to do in one day, it's great."

Cumberbatch revealed that he's currently filming Trek 2 at the Budweiser Brewery in L.A., which doubled as the engine room of the USS Enterprise in 2009's Star Trek. Cumberbatch called the location "very, very, very mind-numbingly noisy. It's slightly like what you'd imagine they'd be playing in your earphones if you were being tortured by some foreign operative."

Cumberbatch won't have to endure that unpleasantness too much longer. His co-star Chris Pine, who reprises his role as Captain James T. Kirk, tells Access Hollywood, "We're almost done. ... It's wrapping up very soon. It's just as action-packed as the first one." Pine also called the film's action "relentless."

The Star Trek sequel opens May 17, 2013.

http://movies.ign.com/articles/122/1223854p1.html

Comment

• They must be really running out of ideas if there gonna do a top gun sequel.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mister.Weirdo View Post
                      They must be really running out of ideas if there gonna do a top gun sequel.
                      your just realizing that?..................

rocky 6 and rambo 4 dosent ring a bell?

whats top gun 2 gona show tom cruises charachter a scientologist and jump on every couch for 2 hrs?

Comment

• At least Rocky Balboa had purpose (to give Rocky a proper sendoff), and why not do another Rambo after Rocky Balboa was such a success.

Comment

• Sequel Writer In, Shia LaBeouf Out For ‘Transformers 4’
                          Posted about 3 hours ago by Ben Silverio3

I have some bad news for Transformers fans. Well, the bad news is only bad if you disliked the last installment of Michael Bay’s giant robot franchise like I did. For everyone one else who doesn’t think that the Transformers movies have gone extremely downhill since the first one and that ‘Dark of the Moon’ wasn’t boring as all hell, then this is good news.

The Hollywood Reporter (via Collider) is reporting that Ehren Kruger, the co-writer of ‘Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen’ and sole writer of ‘Transformers: Dark of the Moon’, has signed on to pen ‘Transformers 4’ for Paramount and Michael Bay. This news comes from Paramount Film Group president Adam Goodman, who also confirmed in the interview with THR that franchise star Shia LaBeouf would be exiting, had this to say about the next chapter of the Transformers story:

‘The story is going in a different direction now. Ehren Kruger is writing it for us, and we’re starting to engage, but I can’t say anything more.’

Goodman’s not kidding when he said “different direction”. This movie is said to be a reboot of sorts with not only LaBeouf exiting, but the entire original, non-robot cast as well.

The bad news is mostly Kruger’s return. It’s said that the new film will be like the last hour of ‘Dark of the Moon’, which means all action, no plot, and less silly humor. This is bad news for me because the third Transformers film was a total waste of time. The plot ended after Act I, and the rest was mindless explosions and robots beating on each other. Some people don’t expect much more from Michael Bay’s movies, but when I go to the theater, I like a good story to go with my action. I basically paid to watch a 25-minute movie and a long, drawn out battle scene that resulted in a nap.

How do you feel about this entirely new direction for ‘Transformers 4’? Are you glad to see Shia go, or are you devastated? And are you excited to see more robots beating on each other for literally an entire movie? Sound off in the comments!

http://sciencefiction.com/2012/04/26...ransformers-4/

Comment

• They made Transformers movies?

Comment

• Originally posted by Superlantern View Post
                              They made Transformers movies?
                              all we need now is bay off the project

Comment

• Doesn't matter what any of you guys think, Transformers 3 made a shit load of money at the box office, and that's all that matters as far as the Paramount executives are concerned.

Comment

Working...
                                X