Next Volume of GLC....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next Volume of GLC....

If/when we get another GLC related comic what should they title it? Anybody else partial to the "Emerald Knights" tagline, or were there fans of the "Emerald Warriors" title who'd wanna see that tagline return? What about shortening Green Lantern Corps to just 'GLC' like they did with Morrison's JLA?

Also who do you think the human stars of such a title should be in this soon to be post-Heroes in Crisis/Doomsday Clock DCU and why do you think the particular Lanterns should be featured? And just because John is in the League, Kyle is in the Titans, and Cruz is in Cyborg's JL B-team doesn't mean in a few months or whenever they couldn't be moved to another title.

When GL eventually gets a second title I'd simply call it GL: Emerald Knights or shorten it down to 'GLC'. It definitely needs something else to set it apart and a GL's name before '& the Green Lantern Corps' just ain't doing it.

For the stars and premise of the title, I'd actually still try to make a 22 page comic have three leads. Kyle and Guy would be Honor Guard but that in itself would FINALLY be fleshed out moreso than just 'trouble shooting GL's with no one designated sector'. Featuring an Honor Guard group within the larger GLC would make it a bit easier to bring Cruz in as the 3rd lead as a standard member of the GLC stationed on Oa for 'continued training'. As for an opening arc big bad I'd go with a ringless/Corpsless Atrocitus remaking the Empire of Tears.

The Little Men Blue and their Daring Space Cops Universal.

Comment

Following form with Grant's book, which would also be the URL and name of this site for over 10 years... "The Green Lantern Corps" seems sound.

Comment

I vote for either Green Lantern Corps or GLC. Don't resort to crummy subtiles if they don't need to.

And no more than a second title. The GL franchise just can't pull it off. They are only starting to get ONE title right NOW.

Comment

I wouldn't call it The Green Lantern Corps, because unfortunately many people now associate that name with a B title. And B titles NEVER sell, which is a lesson that DC seems entirely unable to learn. Witness the Justice League B titles they keep stubbornly launching.

But there does need to be a second GL title, which is set in space, with Hal stationed on Earth in the other title. Guy should be in the space comic, and Alan would be a great addition. Just don't call it The Green Lantern Corps.

And keep Geoff's stuff out of it -- namely, Baz, Cruz and the emotional spectrum.

Comment

Nothing trite. Titles with the word "flame" and "emerald" in the title automatically go in the trash heap.

Comment

Originally posted by Trey Strain View Post
              I wouldn't call it The Green Lantern Corps, because unfortunately many people now associate that name with a B title. And B titles NEVER sell, which is a lesson that DC seems entirely unable to learn. Witness the Justice League B titles they keep stubbornly launching.

But there does need to be a second GL title, which is set in space, with Hal stationed on Earth in the other title. Guy should be in the space comic, and Alan would be a great addition. Just don't call it The Green Lantern Corps.

And keep Geoff's stuff out of it -- namely, Baz, Cruz and the emotional spectrum.
              I gotta disagree. "The Green Lantern Corps" shows brand unity. Under Grant's guiding vision for GL. I just hope he's up to... you know, being that guy. Or is even allowed to be.

Comment

If they can give the keys to Superman to one writer, there's no reason one writer couldn't handle GL and GLC together. Morrison just might need another creative team for a fill-in issue once in awhile. But who WOULDN'T want a single issue story once in awhile?! Does anybody even remember those?

As for the B-title argument.... when only about 10-12 titles work monthly for years at a time isn't everything else a B-title and spinning out of one of those titles in some way? Is Detective the A-title or is it simply Batman? What about Action and Superman? Is Teen Titans considered a B-title because it's an extension of the adventures of Robin just with other teen heroes? If Robin is considered a B title what would that make TT in that regard? A C-title? Maybe a B+title?

And how would this argument hold up on the Marvel side of the fence where the ratio of solo hero/team titles is the other way around with more team books than solos?

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
                  I gotta disagree. "The Green Lantern Corps" shows brand unity. Under Grant's guiding vision for GL. I just hope he's up to... you know, being that guy. Or is even allowed to be.
                  Unity has been one of the problems. If there are two GL titles, they don't need to be joined at the hip, with one following the lead of the other. That approach was tried and it failed, and we all know the definition of insanity, right?

And if a title called Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps didn't sell, then "Green Lantern Corps" needs to be retired as a title. It's got too much corrosion on it by now.

Comment

It will either be "Green Lantern Corps" or that will a slight tweak. "John Stewart and the Green Lantern Corps" seems a bit obvious, but it might be something similar.
                    Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps didn't sell worth a damn, so why would John Stewart and the Green Lantern Cops sell better?

You gotta learn from your mistakes instead of repeating them.

Comment

To me Green Lantern Corps or GLC is now a well known franchise name. Like Legion Of Superheroes. Justice League of America. Justice Society of America. The Teen Titans. It's not a B name. It should be the default title name for the group title like Green Lantern is for the solo title.

If anything, pretentious eye rolling titles like The Emerald Ballsack of such and Such, or The Green Flame of Yadda Yadda Yadda automatically tell a reader they are looking at a B or C title.

Comment

As Bullwinkle would say when he was about to fail once again at pulling a rabbit out of his hat, "This time for sure!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pc4IFIXcDcs

Comment

Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps didn't sell worth a damn, so why would John Stewart and the Green Lantern Cops sell better?

You gotta learn from your mistakes instead of repeating them.
                            It took 3 years to routinely sell less than 30,000 copies per month. By modern standards, that's a decent seller. Green Lantern is one of the big names that will always have a companion book. No matter how many older fans say that they don't care for the extended Bat Family, the GLC, the Flash Dynasty, etc, they still connect with factions of fans. Reshuffling, regrouping, and rebooting are a part of modern comics. With so many notable characters in the larger GLC that can sell toys, T-shirts, video games, etc, DC would be missing the boat by confining them all to a single title.
                            Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

As Bullwinkle would say when he was about to fail once again at pulling a rabbit out of his hat, "This time for sure!"
                              You keep assuming that the title is the primary reason for it not being a top seller (even if the same title had been a decent seller before), but how would you know that? Action and Detective have waxed and waned too, but it would be better to throw a good team at them than to rename them.

+ YouTube Video
                              ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Comment

Working...
                              X