No announcement yet.

An Earth 1 Alan Scott

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meh well I suppose you can't please everyone. But I thought my way would make more people happy because it keeps both histories in tact.
    Originally posted by IonFan
    (even if the ear sucking helped get me off faster)
    Originally posted by Big Daddy Caesar
    If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
    Originally posted by Quaker
    I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadTOOL View Post
      Meh well I suppose you can't please everyone. But I thought my way would make more people happy because it keeps both histories in tact.
      No, it keeps bits and pieces of each history. Neither one is kept intact.

Comment

:Moderator:

Originally posted by DeadTOOL View Post
        When you're talking histories, I can't see how a character that's been out for a few years has any history that can trump one that's been around for decades. If we want , give us , not some mixture of the original and the Earth 2 Fauxlan Scott (don't know if that worked as well as I intended).
        sigpic
        Winner: Reality TV draft 2014

"Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman

Comment

Making him gay wiped his family out of continuity. They could have made Kyle gay without doing something like that. But noooooooooo.

If DC insists on having an Earth 2 and a gay Alan there, then let them deal with that. Just like Geoff can deal with Simon Baz. That's his project.

I'm thinking about Alan Christmas. Or maybe Alan Mayne.
          Trey Strain
          Guardian of the Universe
          Last edited by Trey Strain; 02-26-2015, 12:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Spy Smasher View Post

I'm thinking about Alan Christmas. Or maybe Alan Mayne.
            Eh.

Let's not and say we did.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Davos View Post
              Eh.

Let's not and say we did.

Let's do and say we did. You suggest one.

I'm also thinking of Alan Veres.
              Trey Strain
              Guardian of the Universe
              Last edited by Trey Strain; 02-26-2015, 04:00 AM.

Comment

Let's do and say we did. You suggest one.

I'm also thinking of Alan Veres.
                I suggest DC hire Roy Thomas as an editor for an Earth 2 line of DC titles. Not nU Earth 2, but a continuation of the Earth 2 last seen in the Last Days Of The Justice Society special. Tell the modern tale of where the JSA is now in modern day after returning from Ragnarok. Let the team recruit Infinity Inc members to fill the ranks left by retired JSAers.

And use the REAL Alan Scott on THAT Earth.

Comment

I suggest DC hire Roy Thomas as an editor for an Earth 2 line of DC titles. Not nU Earth 2, but a continuation of the Earth 2 last seen in the Last Days Of The Justice Society special. Tell the modern tale of where the JSA is now in modern day after returning from Ragnarok. Let the team recruit Infinity Inc members to fill the ranks left by retired JSAers.

And use the REAL Alan Scott on THAT Earth.
                  They'll never back down about what they've done with him, so you can kiss that situation goodbye and look for opportunities in this situation.

Comment

They'll never back down about what they've done with him, so you can kiss that situation goodbye and look for opportunities in this situation.
                    I'm better off without any of DC's "opportunities" with Alan Scott going forward. I'd rather they just never use the JSA again; better that than seeing their good name dragged through the mud more than it has already.

Comment

I'm better off without any of DC's "opportunities" with Alan Scott going forward. I'd rather they just never use the JSA again; better that than seeing their good name dragged through the mud more than it has already.
                      I'm not talking about JSA. I'm talking about making use if what they threw away re Alan.

Comment

I'm not talking about JSA. I'm talking about making use if what they threw away re Alan.
                        I know what you mean. I'm saying Alan Scott fans wouldn't want to see what you are suggesting. You're talking about changing names, bringing into modern times, etc. I don't want to see another modern take with drastic changes, for Alan or any other JSAer whether together or individually. It sounds like crap.

I'd say just make brand new characters but even then, the GL world doesn't need ANY more new human GLs, or bastardized versions of old ones.

Comment

I'm saying Alan Scott fans

Comment

Originally posted by Hypo View Post
                            Hey hey hey hey hey HEY!!!

Watch your mouth!...There could be THREE dozen of us!

Comment

Hey hey hey hey hey HEY!!!

Watch your mouth!...There could be THREE dozen of us!
                              Oh calm down Dave, I'm one of you, I own the JSA omnibus.

Comment

Originally posted by Hypo View Post

Comment

Working...
                                X