The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Green Lanternverse > Red Lanterns/Warrior/Guy Gardner
FLASHCHAT

Red Lanterns

Old 01-31-2012, 03:53 PM   #1
W.West

Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West
Default Milligan Brings Red Lanterns to Stormwatch

Milligan Comes Out of the DARK to Lead STORMWATCH

Quote:
Nrama: What can you tell us about your first story on the comic?

Milligan: My first story deals with an intruder on earth from the planet Ysmault — he’s red and he’s got a lot of rage — and also a former Stormwatch member. We’ll also get deeper into the mind of Midnighter.

Nrama: The addition of a Red Lantern to the story is in keeping with some of the stories we've seen so far in Stormwatch, as its members have been tied to several other New 52 titles over the last few months. Will that interaction with other titles continue?

Milligan: I think so. Stormwatch operates in the DCU world and I think that’s what makes it tick. Its whole conceit is that in this world of superheroes here is a team of non-superheroes who are secretly going about saving the world. And trying not to go insane. I love that.

Nrama: Since we've already mentioned Red Lanterns, let's talk about what's coming up in that title. You just added a Red Lantern from Earth to the team. What will Rancorr bring to the issues coming up, and what will he be going through?

Milligan: Well, briefly, Rankorr will be going through all kinds of horrible shit. But he’ll bring a lot to the book. At the beginning he is constantly struggling to cling hold of his fading humanity and this tension. This conflict allows him to have a different kind of “take” on the Red Lanterns.

I mean, if you were dropped into the middle of Ysmault and all these hideous raging creatures, you really would think you’d died and gone to some kind of insane hell. And that is Rankorr’s first feeling. Later, though, his slightly more rational grip on things will play a big part in Atrocitus’ attempts to save his dying Red Lanterns. But in a way this is part of Rankorr’s tragedy. Because he has retained some of his humanity he is more sensitive to the daily horror that is the life of a Red Lantern.

Nrama: What else can you tell us about what's coming up in Red Lanterns?

Milligan: As Rankorr tries to settle in and not be killed he and we will discover he is unlike any other Red Lantern and has a “power” that none of the others have. This will coincide with a big and dramatic storyline that threatens the very future of the Red Lantern Corps. Even Ysmault, so long home to the Red Lanterns, seems to turn against them.
full interview here
Old 01-31-2012, 04:29 PM   #2
SD80MAC
Not a True Fan

Ugh.
Old 01-31-2012, 05:34 PM   #3
Michael Heide
Heide Finition

Yeah, even as a huge Milligan fan, I've got to say that my expectations are kinda low. I'll give it a try, though.
Michael Heide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 07:41 PM   #4
myuserid
Lantern Hex

Glad I decided not to stay with Stormwatch.
Old 01-31-2012, 09:37 PM   #5
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Heide View Post
Yeah, even as a huge Milligan fan, I've got to say that my expectations are kinda low. I'll give it a try, though.
I think I'll give it a shot since the other team book he was writing (JLD) was pretty enjoyable imo, I've avoided Red Lanterns like the plague though.
Hypo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 01:07 AM   #6
ns2
Your Clash At Demonhead

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

ns2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 11:34 PM   #7
Gl Josh
Senior Corps Member

Well this issue came out and pretty much Apollo and the Midnighter fight a random Red Lantern, cut off his hand, and take his ring. Very much like the BB/NG crossover you can easily skip it.
Originally Posted by BatmanofSector2814 View Post
I have yet to see Avatar, mainly because it is the plot of Pocahontas wrapped in a "Halo vs World of Warcraft" flavored, CGI heavy shell...and I've already seen Pocahontas and played all 5 Halos...so....
Gl Josh is offline   Reply With Quote