Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spy Smasher View Post
    You know... I could do that...

Anyway I can't imagine Geoff doing it. I think he sees the emotional spectrum as his crowning achievement. And as recently as a year ago, if you said on any message board (except for this one) that the spectrum should be flushed, almost every poster would act as if you had slapped his mother's face. Now though...
    Not the spectrum, though. The reservoir. The mere thought that the usage of Lantern rings are draining the life out of the universe is asinine. Hell, maybe Venditti wants to handicap all the lanterns. I dunno.

The spectrum can stay, as long as the rest of the Skittle brigade (besides Sinestro and his corps) retreats to their own little corners of the galaxy, never to be heard from again.

Comment

Originally posted by Sylent_Asassin View Post
      Not the spectrum, though. The reservoir. The mere thought that the usage of Lantern rings are draining the life out of the universe is asinine. Hell, maybe Venditti wants to handicap all the lanterns. I dunno.

The spectrum can stay, as long as the rest of the Skittle brigade (besides Sinestro and his corps) retreats to their own little corners of the galaxy, never to be heard from again.
      The way comics are today, you can't just make them go away quietly. You have to make a super-dramatic EVENT out of it. And yes, I'd enjoy doing that. But that's the only event I'd ever want to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Sylent_Asassin View Post
        I don't know, it's not a bad idea, really. I think the idea is to encourage the Lanterns -- all Lanterns -- to use their power more reasonably.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
          I don't know, it's not a bad idea, really. I think the idea is to encourage the Lanterns -- all Lanterns -- to use their power more reasonably.
          I have to disagree there. I think it is a horrible idea. I don't really need any environmentalist metaphors given a central role in my superhero comic book.

The way they structured it, it isn't just that they should use their power more reasonably, but that ANY use of it is "killing the universe". If one actually accepts that premise as true, they shouldn't be using it at ALL except possibly in situations where the alternative is to let something ELSE kill the universe.

Add to that the fact that it makes no logical sense at all for the universe's existence to be dependent on a non-renewable reservoir of emotion that somehow must have existed prior to the existence of sentient life, or else how would the early universe have survived?

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
            I have to disagree there. I think it is a horrible idea. I don't really need any environmentalist metaphors given a central role in my superhero comic book.

The way they structured it, it isn't just that they should use their power more reasonably, but that ANY use of it is "killing the universe". If one actually accepts that premise as true, they shouldn't be using it at ALL except possibly in situations where the alternative is to let something ELSE kill the universe.

Add to that the fact that it makes no logical sense at all for the universe's existence to be dependent on a non-renewable reservoir of emotion that somehow must have existed prior to the existence of sentient life, or else how would the early universe have survived?
            Wait, you're making too much sense there.

Comment

My goodness, I have a little computer problem am offline for 9 hours and the GL discussion explodes. Cripes. Why couldn't you guys have had this discussion on a day I'm on every hour?

Comment

Blame Andrew. He's the one that's been seeding the board with interesting discussion topics.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post

Does anyone else feel like the stage is already being set for it? You know, Geoff quietly puppeteering things from the sidelines as chief "creative" officer all this time... letting Hal be emasculated, letting the Corps become a more fractured entity, little things he knows (or thinks) will irritate the fandom... and then one day in the foreseeable future, voila, there's a big hubbub about "Geoff Johns returning to write Green Lantern!" with a slew of big ring-based big events in the wings. With the expectation that people will be longing for Geoff by this point and be excited by this news.
                  Can't say I agree with that viewpoint.

Comment

Regarding the Emotional Reservoir, I think it's best to be patient with that. I think it's a situation that will have a resolution. Perhaps the end of "Godhead" will clear all that up. For the time being, I think it's just a current issue to cause the Green Lanterns concern and to springboard stories like "Lights Out" and "Godhead."
                    ZATSWAN.COM Zatswan: Multiversal Guardian, the brand new cosmic comic book, now available!

Comment

Originally posted by Star-Lantern View Post
                      Regarding the Emotional Reservoir, I think it's best to be patient with that. I think it's a situation that will have a resolution. Perhaps the end of "Godhead" will clear all that up. For the time being, I think it's just a current issue to cause the Green Lanterns concern and to springboard stories like "Lights Out" and "Godhead."
                      Probably right. If all it took was about a comic year of time that the Corps other than the GLC were actively sapping their emotional reservoirs, there's no way it wouldn't just happen again in short order if they're all still out there doing what they're doing. And it's not like we can throw another Life entity at the Source Wall to fix it next time.

My guess: It'll turn out Relic was wrong about his own universe. The lightsmiths weren't depleting a reservoir, it was something with their version of the New Gods or Old Gods were doing at the Source that was behind it. Turns out the New Gods in our universe (or maybe Darkseid himself?) were doing the same thing... so now the Corps make them knock it off and all is well.

Comment

now that we have a poll up put me down as wanting him back on GL

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

I can't imagine any situation where Geoff Johns returned to GL an I didn't have the same complaints about his stories. He's NOT the same writer he was during his first runs of JSA and The Flash.

Comment

I did not vote. and here is why. No doubt in my mind that Goeff is better for the book. Even at his worst he was 100 times better then Veditti. That being said. Goeff's run started to fall apart at the end. Was it as bad as everyone made it out... well no but It was basiaclly event after event after event,wich is bad for the book as well. For me to actually be excited about Goeffs return I would have to see a interveiw of him saying Towards the end Of GL he was spreading himself to thin between titles,this time it is only going to be GL and Classic GL characters and there will be no Events for GL other then maybe one to fix all of venditti's stuff.

I don't think Goeff has been involved With GL at all. I think since the Movie flopped DC/WB felt Green Lantern was no longer worthy of thier star writter. If Goeff comes back I will pick up the Book again,however if he does more then 2 events in the first 2 years I will drop it again like a bad habbit.
                            Take life with a Grain of salt and a shot of tequila!

Comment

I really don't think Geoff is somehow pulling strings at all. But I voted no on having him back. Only way I'd want him back is if he was going to fix Krona back up.

Comment

I picked no because the end of his run was kind of wonky.
                                That being said since he came back to both Flash and JSA at certain points it would not suprise me.
                                Proud owner of a Justice League Europe number 1 issue.
                                Which currently is worth less than my Kick-Ass 2 issue 1.

Comment

Working...
                                X