Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where does Green Lantern rank on your list of favorite comic book movies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dave Cormier View Post
    Some of the movies you guys listed I can't even dignify by putting on my list, so I suppose it's all a matter of taste.
    I was just trying to be comprehensive. Hence why I didn't number the dregs. Also hurrah for the Rocketeer.
    Goodbye Christopher Hitchins 1949 - 2011

Comment

1. The Dark Knight
      2. X-Men: First Class
      3. Scott Pilgrim vs The World
      4. Batman Begins
      5. The Incredible Hulk
      6. Batman Forever
      7. X2: X-Men United
      8. Batman Returns
      9. Spider-Man 2
      10. 300
      11. Iron Man
      12. X-Men
      13. Men In Black
      14. Batman and Robin
      15. V for Vendetta
      16. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
      17. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: Secret of the Ooze
      18. Thor
      19. Batman
      20. Sin City
      21. Green Lantern
      22. Watchmen
      23. Spider-Man
      24. X-Men: The Last Stand
      25. League of Extraordinary Gentlemen

Top 25 off the top of my head.
      W.West
      Last edited by W.West; 07-12-2011, 11:34 PM.

Comment

What no Kick-ass?

Comment

Wow, that's two people that have First Class in their top 3. I thought it was borderline average at best. Why do people like it so much? Their were a ton of goofs in the movie too.

Green since 1974!

Comment

All of these movies have their faults but the good outweighs the bad.

Kick-Ass was extremely forgettable. All I remember is the car and jetpack, the ugly red outfit and a rocket launcher.

Comment

Originally posted by W.West View Post
              All of these movies have their faults but the good outweighs the bad.

Kick-Ass was extremely forgettable. All I remember is the car and jetpack, the ugly red outfit and a rocket launcher.
              I have to say I was surprised by no Superman. Then again not like you have to explain yourself to anyone.
              Goodbye Christopher Hitchins 1949 - 2011

Comment

I kept bumping Superman down, until he wasn't on the list. I saw that movie far too late to appreciate it. So for me, the Superman movies are all forgettable. They have moments of course but most of these movies I enjoyed a great deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Bolerathon View Post
                  I was just trying to be comprehensive. Hence why I didn't number the dregs. Also hurrah for the Rocketeer.
                  The Rocketeer is underappreciated. As are The Shadow and The Phantom, movies in the same vein and time.

Comment

Originally posted by Lantern54 View Post
                    Wow, that's two people that have First Class in their top 3. I thought it was borderline average at best. Why do people like it so much? Their were a ton of goofs in the movie too.
                    I fell aspleep twice while watching it at the drive in. It had some good parts, but doesn't deserve the rave reviews (IMO).

Comment

You could argue that logic with any movie!

Comment

Originally posted by Lantern54 View Post
                        The two main characters, Charles Xavier and Erik Lensherr were hits of the film, and their metaphors were very faithful to the source material. Meaning, Charles believes mutants and humans can coexist, while Erik does not. Moreover, the movie shows the relationship and bond between Charles and Erik, especially during the scene where Erik tries to move the sattlelite dish. The film also provided a wonderful background to Erik and his thought process. Thus making him more than a cookie-cutter bad guy that gets corrupted or is just evil for the sake of being evil. There's real depth in the characters. Additionally, there are some poetic moments in the film like when Erik returns the nickel back to Shaw. That was cool. Moreover, Erik the Nazi hunter was pretty back ass.

The pace of film is well done, as it allows for character developments and builds towards the climatic ending.

The script also allows the audience to ponder the moral issues posed by Erik, which is, in light of the Nazi holocaust, should mutants wipe out normal humans to ensure the safety of their species and prevent a mutant holocuast? The script also is faithful with the source material in one of the major themes, and that's being able to be who you are without fear or repercussions. A theme constant the X-Men comic book. Mystic was symbolic of this theme.

In short, the film's themes are in sync with the source material, there are wonderful acting performances and great chemistry between the characters, and the film is engrained with excellent symbolism and metaphors.
                        Darth_Primus
                        Guardian of the Universe
                        Last edited by Darth_Primus; 07-12-2011, 11:52 PM.
                        You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

I agree this is why I really enjoyed the film!

Comment

Originally posted by W.West View Post
                            I kept bumping Superman down, until he wasn't on the list. I saw that movie far too late to appreciate it. So for me, the Superman movies are all forgettable. They have moments of course but most of these movies I enjoyed a great deal.
                            I'm old enough to remember when Superman hit the silver screen. It was magical. I mean, at the time it didn't look cheesy. I believe Superman was flying. And the theme song is so unforgettable. To me, Donner hit every right note to make Superman translate from the comic book to film. Moreover, Lois Lane had some sas and moxie, unlike in Superman Returns.

Superman is definitely number one on my list mostly because of nostaglic reasons.
                            Darth_Primus
                            Guardian of the Universe
                            Last edited by Darth_Primus; 07-12-2011, 11:53 PM.
                            You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

Wait the theme song for the Superman movies are forgettable. Nostalgia aside, it's absolutely amazing!

Comment

Originally posted by Mister.Weirdo View Post
                                Wait the theme song for the Superman movies are forgettable. Nostalgia aside, it's absolutely amazing!
                                My bad. I edited my post to say "unforgettable."

EDIT: Now that I think of it, I wonder what the fanboy reaction would have been if Donner's Superman was released today, especially the part where Superman flys around the earth in the opposite direction of the rotations to make time for in reverse. I'm sure that would be up for fanboy fodder.
                                Darth_Primus
                                Guardian of the Universe
                                Last edited by Darth_Primus; 07-12-2011, 11:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X