No announcement yet.

Green Lantern #52 *Preview/Spoilers*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GL #52, is it just me, or are the Gray Agents a lot more interesting in one appearance than Hal's "crew?" They at least had different silhouettes and body types, interesting specialties/powers and a strong allegiance to one another.

Comment

Mediocre issue. I'm really not sure where this "becoming will" storyline is going, unless that's the plot device that allows Hal to pull everyone back into place for Rebirth.

Vol 5 was pretty good. It started out wonderfully with GJ's final run, and has been hit-and-miss under Vendetti. I'm hopeful that the new DC status quo brings about some positive changes for GL.
      Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

Finally got around to reading my copy a few minutes ago. Meh. Out with a whimper.

Comment

One of the most boring comics I ever read. It positively astonishes me they're keeping Vendetti. We are all getting so screwed...I think we should all feel genuinely insulted.

Comment

Originally posted by KilowogsDisciple View Post
            One of the most boring comics I ever read. It positively astonishes me they're keeping Vendetti. We are all getting so screwed...I think we should all feel genuinely insulted.
            I'm starting to feel that way. This is a bad writer.

Then there's the whole premise behind the grey agents. A squad of pumped up, lawless bounty hunters want to take place of the GLC?

Lemme ask a dumb question-- when the hell is the Sinestro Corps gonna squash these grey fools? It seems inevitable considering the attention grabbing antics. But seriously, what a crappy storyline. I hope Atrocitious vomits burning rage puke all over these guys.

They get matching outfits and that's all it takes to take the GLC's place? COME ON!

Comment

It just seemed goofy, that these 5 or 6 morts were in story thinking they would replace the vacuum left by the GLC. An organization of THOUSANDS of members, that has been running for 5 billion years (except for 3 times in the last 10 years lol). Their goals seemed a wee bit too lofty in the story.

It's like the universe thinks the GLC only has like 10 or 20 members.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Targaryen I View Post
                It just seemed goofy, that these 5 or 6 morts were in story thinking they would replace the vacuum left by the GLC. An organization of THOUSANDS of members, that has been running for 5 billion years (except for 3 times in the last 10 years lol). Their goals seemed a wee bit too lofty in the story.

It's like the universe thinks the GLC only has like 10 or 20 members.
                Yeah it really didn't make a heck of a lot sense and it was boring...glad this run is ending. The whole Renegade storyline didn't work because the GLC disappeared after Hal made his sacrifice.
                http://cropsycrypt.blogspot.com/

Comment

And DC just HAD to cancel Sinestro. Sigh.

Comment

I think the Grey Agents MOST remind me of L.E.G.I.O.N. as run by Vril Dox. And I was never a fan of that, either.

Comment

Right? I was actually digging that, seems like it had more legs.

Comment

Originally posted by BLACK HAND View Post
                        Right? I was actually digging that, seems like it had more legs.
                        Exactly, amongst a sea of cripples.

But who knows, Van Sciver is telling people the Green Lanterns title has story elements upcoming that will make fans super happy. So I'll try to tough it through...but only because he's taken the time to say it's so. Otherwise, I still just can't summon the damn required for that (imo) hilariously ill-conceived title.

Comment

Maybe now Natu can return to being a decent and moral Green Lantern?

Comment

Exactly, amongst a sea of cripples.

But who knows, Van Sciver is telling people the Green Lanterns title has story elements upcoming that will make fans super happy. So I'll try to tough it through...but only because he's taken the time to say it's so. Otherwise, I still just can't summon the damn required for that (imo) hilariously ill-conceived title.
                            His enthusiasm to make GL the best title ever is certainly contagious. I love reading interviews where he talks GL. He's a good advocate of the title, admits things were off course for a bit, but I believe him when he says they have exciting stuff in store. He's a fan and I listen to fans.

Comment

Working...
                            X