Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Miscellaneous > Movies & TV
FLASHCHAT

Movies and TV

Old 12-29-2020, 08:19 PM   #1
Tazer
That Evil, Yellow Bastiche

Default wat, no "WW84" thread??

Yo.

wow, I stop by from my 'net wanderings to see wat the rest of U poozers think, and am stunned to see that there NOBODY talking about this!!

I mean sure this year has been shit-tastic for.....everything, basically, but I figured SOMEBODY wouldve gotten this ball rolling.

:/

Tazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.
Tazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 09:09 PM   #2
Space Cop
The Dandy

Not sure when I'll see it. My local theater closed down. There is another, but the traffic's worse and I doubt I'll go as much as I used to (haven't at all in 2020).
Old 12-30-2020, 02:42 AM   #3
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Saw it Christmas day . Originally gave it a 7 after watching it but after a few days letting it sink in i honestly thought it was terrible. I prefer the first one. This one imo is thor the dark world bad. I expected better from patty Jenkins. Gal gadot imo is fine but the film was long where the first hour was basically cringe stuff and the movie really didn't do anything until the second hour. No memorable scenes like no mans land from the first film. To be even more honest the way the film was it felt like it had no plot. It does zero for diana's character in terms of progressing forward

I'm not homophobic you are hetrophobic so thank you fuck you bye

Last edited by TazzMission; 12-30-2020 at 02:47 AM.
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 04:23 AM   #4
Space Cop
The Dandy

^I did see an article (which I didn't click on) the other day that liberals disappointed with recent political situations should go see it as a pick-me-up. The trailers alone gave me the impression they'd be taking potshots at Reagan and 80s corporate culture, but that doesn't bother me when done well.

The reviews (again only skimming them) so far seem mixed at best. I waited until I bought the blu ray for #1, so I'm sure I can wait again for #2.

Last edited by Space Cop; 12-30-2020 at 04:27 AM.
Space Cop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 05:21 AM   #5
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Cop View Post
^I did see an article (which I didn't click on) the other day that liberals disappointed with recent political situations should go see it as a pick-me-up. The trailers alone gave me the impression they'd be taking potshots at Reagan and 80s corporate culture, but that doesn't bother me when done well.

The reviews (again only skimming them) so far seem mixed at best. I waited until I bought the blu ray for #1, so I'm sure I can wait again for #2.
A lot of people stated this was anti trump in regards to max lord and as a trump supporter i can honestly say i never got that vibe. The overall theme was a mess. Ww3 is green lit so i really hope they go more Greek fantasy like clash of the titans 1982 because the fish out of water story was done twice now. I dont even read wonder woman but i came up with a title that would be called wonder woman and the Odyssey of hades. I love mythology and wonder woman is Greek mythology anyways so why Not go all fantasy and shoot on location in Greece ? It would look beautiful. Party Jenkins is 1 win 1 loss for me with wonder woman so hopefully wonder woman 3 Isn't another let down. Also the credit scene is something you should stay for

Last edited by TazzMission; 12-30-2020 at 05:34 AM.
Old 12-30-2020, 12:21 PM   #6
Space Cop
The Dandy

^If you really dig the Greek mythology aspect, you should read Azzarello’s WW run at the beginning of New 52. I think he tied it back in the most it had been in decades.
Old 01-05-2021, 07:45 AM   #7
Andrew NDB
Shot Caller

Send a message via Yahoo to Andrew NDB

I have so many questions... why did they wait so long to give us... this? Who's idea was this story? Was there a lot of reshoots? Mostly I blame Geoff Johns.

And the people really involved in politics of a certain side... well, even they know they can't defend the movie because WW totally raped that dude.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 11:28 PM   #8
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I have so many questions... why did they wait so long to give us... this? Who's idea was this story? Was there a lot of reshoots? Mostly I blame Geoff Johns.

And the people really involved in politics of a certain side... well, even they know they can't defend the movie because WW totally raped that dude.
from a lot of rumours Jenkins wanted to leave wonder woman or she almost walked from 84. I just think its interesting those rumours floated and now she is doing star wars rouge squadron wich is a film. She is returning for wonder woman 3 so i dont know wtf is going on. Theres a civil war going on at lucas film . Kennedy against faveru. Research it because everyday day its something new. Disney was about to fire gina carano for not caving to pc assholes on twitter to where faveru saved her job. With identity politics being forced in everything im going to hate everything now and so will others. You should also read Kennedys pitch about the high republic. She demands diversity yet star wars already was diversity. Kennedy and Pablo hidalgo hate luke they despise there fans. Hidalgo is a scumbag for attacking a cancer survivor who is a youtuber called star wars theory. If Jenkins star wars film is like wonder woman 84 with cringey crap and political stuff im done and the thing is i like Jenkins as a director im just worried about Kennedys no men all women push. Justinia Ireland is a real racist piece of shit to for her white people tweets. Seriously look them up. This shit is why i hate all people equally because we are at a point where you must choose a side . Thank the lord im anti social and ill just stay away from the outside world

Last edited by TazzMission; 01-15-2021 at 01:51 AM.
Old 01-15-2021, 03:42 AM   #9
Booster Beetle
Will break before he bends

I liked it for what it was, an opportunity to turn off your brain and just watch a superhero do superhero shit.

I get why people hate it though.

Booster Beetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 04:03 AM   #10
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booster Beetle View Post
I liked it for what it was, an opportunity to turn off your brain and just watch a superhero do superhero shit.

I get why people hate it though.
There was literally no action at all that i would call memorable close to no mans land in the first one. As much i love the first 1 i hated the dark cgi fight. Ever notice her 2 big fights are at night wich again horrible? I said before i shall repeat move away from a bleh message go straight into Greek fantasy have diana do the twelve labors of Hercules or fight Cerberus , kraken , Cyclops , minitour or something really awesome . I just dont want 3 to be a terrible mcguffin again like the monkey paw and make or renounce a wish. They did the fish out of water story twice first with diana now with steve in the 80's.

Last edited by TazzMission; 01-15-2021 at 04:16 AM.