SDCC 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by projectile View Post
    There are too many Joker cosplayers at sdcc, and after the Iron Man movie came out, too many Tony Starks.

IMO
    the most common i see at c2e2 are pretty much joker, spiderman

i came across maybe 1 harley quinn and one punisher

i do remember seeing some guy in a cool looking costume but i had no idea what it was
    .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth_Primus View Post
      Let's kill time with a question a day.

Here's a list of questions, where one question will be asked each day until the event:

1. What was the first Comic Convention you attended?
      2. Have you ever attended SDCC? If so, what year?
      3. What is your first memory of attending SDCC or other Comic Convention?
      4. What did you expect from your first attendance at SDCC or Comic Convention?
      5. Do you remember how much you paid to get into SDCC or Comic Convention you first attended?
      6. Name a Comic Convention you have not attended, but would like to attend.
      7. Do you wear a fanboy shirt when you attend a comic convention, if so which ones?
      8. What’s your favorite memory of SDCC or Comic Convention?
      9. What cosplayer do you remember most from attending SDCC or a Comic Convention?
      10. Which celebrity, artist or writer were you most excited about to meet or see at SDCC or a Comic Convention?
      11. Which celebrity, artist or writer that you have not met, but would like to meet at SDCC or a Comic Convention?
      12. Have you ever cosplayed at SDCC or a Comic Convention? If so, what did you dress up as?
      13. Is there a exclusive or souvenir (autograph, ticket stub, photograph of/with something, etc) from SDCC or a Comic Convention that you’re so happy to have? If so, what is it? If not, is there some exclusive that you would like to have?
      14. If you're attending or attended SDCC, how far did you travel to get there. If you’re not or have not attended SDCC, what’s the farthest you've travel to a Comic Convention?
      15. How do you prepare for a comic book convention? Do you pack a lunch and water? Do you bring comic books for autographs? Do you bring a camera? Check online information on panels, signings, exclusives?
      16. List in order of preference when attending SDCC or a Comic Book Convention: Attend a movie or TV panel; Attend a comic book panel; hunt for exclusives; take pictures of and with cosplayers; dress as a cosplayer; get free swag; meet and get autographs of artists, writers and celebrities
      17. When you attend SDCC or a Comic Convention, are you the type that like to get there at least an hour before the doors open or show up a little later and avoid the masses trying to get in?
      18. Post your favorite picture from SDCC or a comic convention. It doesn't have to be a picture you've taken.
      19. Have you ever met anyone from the GLCMB for the first time at SDCC or a Comic Convention?
      20. What are you most looking forward to for 2012 SDCC?
      21. In few sentences, describe your overall experience(s) at SDCC or a comic convention. Meaning, what keeps you coming back or wanting to come back? What was your impressions of other fans and people attending the event? What type of things at the event will you always remember?

10. Which celebrity, artist or writer were you most excited about to meet or see at SDCC or a Comic Convention?

For me, the celebrity was Olivia Munn because I always thought she would be a big time before you know it, and her star is continually rising.

As for artist, I got a big thrill in meeting Jim Lee as I idolized his work since high school. Additionally, his rise in the comic book industry is quite remarkable. Meeting Todd McFarlane earlier this year at ImageExpo was pretty cool.
      Darth_Primus
      Guardian of the Universe
      Last edited by Darth_Primus; 06-29-2012, 04:27 PM.
      You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• Originally posted by W.West View Post
        9. What cosplayer do you remember most from attending SDCC or a Comic Convention?

I don't remember if it was last year or the year before, but there was this one guy walking around like RDJ-Tony Stark with his own security team. That was pretty fucking dope.
        Was that the guy who managed to corral an entire squad of Ironman Dancers? Because he was AWESOME.

Comment

• 10. Which celebrity, artist or writer were you most excited about to meet or see at SDCC or a Comic Convention?
          Celebrity- Although totally unexpected, Dwight Howard. Even better, we didn't know he was there and he called us over to meet him, allowing us to cut in front of HUNDREDS of people in line. That was awesome!

Artist- Probably Todd McFarlane. I've been a fan of his work for a while so it was cool to finally get to meet him. Plus, he turned out to be a nice guy despite all the negative things I've heard.

Comment

• Originally posted by plastroncafe View Post
            Was that the guy who managed to corral an entire squad of Ironman Dancers? Because he was AWESOME.
            I dont remember that at all! I can't believe I missed that.

Grant Morrison by far. I didn't even expect to meet him because his signing was at a really bad time. By the time we got downstairs from a panel there was this super long line. Luckily, I didn't have to wait long. I also got to meet Cameron Stewart who being vastly overlooked. So after my long We3, Frank Quitely and Batman discussion with Grant, I was able to chat with Cameron about Seaguy 3, which he knew nothing about. lol

Comment

• 10. Which celebrity, artist or writer were you most excited about when you met them at SDCC or a Comic Convention?
              11. Which celebrity, artist or writer that you have not met, but would like to meet at SDCC or a Comic Convention?
              12. Have you ever cosplayed at SDCC or a Comic Convention? If so, what did you dress up as?
              13. Is there a exclusive or souvenir (autograph, ticket stub, photograph of/with something, etc) from SDCC or a Comic Convention that you’re so happy to have? If so, what is it? If not, is there some exclusive that you would like to have?
              14. If you attending or attended SDCC, how far did you travel to get there. If you’re not SDCC, what’s the farthest you travel to a Comic Convention?
              15. How do you prepare for a comic book convention? Do you pack a lunch and water? Do you bring comic books for autographs? Do you bring a camera?
              16. List in order of preference when attending SDCC or a Comic Book Convention: Attend a movie or TV panel; Attend a comic book panel; hunt for exclusives; take pictures of and with cosplayers; dress as a cosplayer; get free swag; meet and get autographs of artists, writers and celebrities
              17. When you attend SDCC or a Comic Convention, are you the type that like to get there at least an hour before the doors open or show up a little later and avoid the masses trying to get in?
              18. Post your favorite picture from SDCC or a comic convention. It doesn't have to be a picture you've taken.
              19. Have you ever met anyone from the GLCMB for the first time at SDCC or a Comic Convention?
              20. What are you most looking forward to for 2012 SDCC?
              21. In few sentences, describe your overall experience(s) at SDCC or a comic convention. Meaning, what keeps you coming back or wanting to come back? What was your impressions of other fans and people attending the event? What type of things at the event will you always remember?

I'm re-posting the remaining questions so we don't have to keep going back to page 23 to quote the questions.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lantern Sinestro View Post
                10. Which celebrity, artist or writer were you most excited about when you met them at SDCC or a Comic Convention?
                I was most excited about Jerry Lawler. This year I'm most excited to see the cast of Breaking Bad.

Comment

• Friday schedule is up

http://www.comic-con.org/cci/cci12_prog_fri.php

" He who does not punish evil commands it to be done."-Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

Breaking Bad panel! YES! YES! YES!

Comment

Looking at Thursday's and Friday's schedule, it doesn't appear there will be a preview screening of the animated film The Dark Knight Returns, as those would be the days that WB/DC would feature them.
                      You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• They have special menu items at some places.

SDCC 12: What’s happening in the Gaslamp

http://www.comicsbeat.com/2012/06/29...n-the-gaslamp/

PINZIMINI at the WESTIN GASLAMP QUARTER, SAN DIEGO:*Downtown San Diego’s*newest Italian-bistro restaurant,*Pinzimini*located in the*Westin Gaslamp Quarter, San Diego, is getting into the Comic-Con festivities by offering a Comic-Con SuperHero Pizza & Beer (or soft drink) combo which will include a variety of SuperHero pizzas for $14. *Guests can choose from THE AVENGERS (pepperoni, sausage, caramelized onions and red peppers), THE HULK (garlic, chicken, spinach and pesto) or the IRON MAN (chorizo, ham and jalepenos). *Pinzimini will also feature two SuperHero cocktails – the ABSOLUTE HERO (Absolute Vanilla vodka, blood orange liqueur, agave syrup and ginger beer) or the SPIDERWEB (godiva white chocolate liquor, absolute vanilla vodka and frangelico). Who’s your inner Super Hero?

KATSUYA:*Known for their trend-setting design as well as their approachable yet innovative Japanese-inspired cuisine and cocktails, downtown San Diego’s newest hotspot*Katsuya by Starck San Diego*is ready to be part of the Comic Con scene this July, with a special cocktail mixed just for the occasion.*The Dark Knight*cocktail will be served over frozen balsamic vinegar ice cubes, consisting of Vodka and top secret ingredients that will only be revealed by those brave enough to try it!*

SPRINKLES CUPCAKES:*Keep an eye out for the one-of-a-kind famous Sprinkles Cupcake*SPRINKLESMOBILE! Making a special trip to San Diego for Comic-Con on Friday, July 13th and Saturday, July 14th, the Sprinklemobile will be giving away superhero-themed cupcakes as well as selling a variety of some of their famous flavors. Cruising down the streets of Downtown, make sure to follow @Sprinklesmobile to know their latest whereabouts!
                        There are more places in the link.

" He who does not punish evil commands it to be done."-Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

• Originally posted by Lantern Sinestro View Post
                          Breaking Bad panel! YES! YES! YES!
                          If you want to get into this panel. I recommend getting line at least 3 hours ahead of time. If you get into the Ballroom 20 before hand, I would recommend staying in there until the Breaking Bad panel begins.

Comment

• Cripes.
                            Ballroom 20 has Korra, Firefly Reunion, and now Breaking Bad on Friday?

Sick. That line is going to be sick.
                            *makes a note to pack snacks and drinks*

Comment

• Also pack reading materials, something to watch or something to entertain yourself for a few hours.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth_Primus View Post
                                If you want to get into this panel. I recommend getting line at least 3 hours ahead of time. If you get into the Ballroom 20 before hand, I would recommend staying in there until the Breaking Bad panel begins.
                                Okay thanks. It's a good thing I don't want any exclusives this year, I'll have extra time to wait in line for Breaking Bad instead.

Comment

Working...
                                X