The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > General > General/About Us
FLASHCHAT

General
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2021, 01:56 PM   #676
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe
 
TazzMission's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: In my own head
Posts: 26,839
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
Trump lost, and nobody stole the election from him. The voters rejected him, and then he peevishly provoked the Capitol Riot, which has made him even more unpopular. Yet I see Republicans extolling him and threatening other Republicans who tell the truth about him.

Well that's fine. I hope they keep on doing that for the next four years, so we can see how that works out for them.
And yet blm torched cities for a entire summer shot And killed David dorn who was black himself yet people call it a just uprising. Oh yea cancel culture up the wazoo if you dont bend a knee to mob of the extreme left. Also the left spent 3 years saying Russia helped trump steal 2016 with no evidence tried impeachment twice and failed. Kevin sorbo best known for Hercules just had his Facebook page nuked because hes conservative and one fanconvention stated wich you can look up they wont deal with sorbo since hes friends with sean hannity at fox. How is that not political?
__________________
.................................................. ..........................

Anything you say can and will be used against you

Last edited by TazzMission; 02-16-2021 at 01:59 PM.
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 03:50 PM   #677
Booster Beetle
Will break before he bends
 
Booster Beetle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 6,956
Default

__________________


Booster Beetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 04:08 PM   #678
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color
 
Mister Ed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 15,014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazzMission View Post
And yet blm torched cities for a entire summer shot And killed David dorn who was black himself yet people call it a just uprising. Oh yea cancel culture up the wazoo if you dont bend a knee to mob of the extreme left. Also the left spent 3 years saying Russia helped trump steal 2016 with no evidence tried impeachment twice and failed. Kevin sorbo best known for Hercules just had his Facebook page nuked because hes conservative and one fanconvention stated wich you can look up they wont deal with sorbo since hes friends with sean hannity at fox. How is that not political?
Technically, they succeeded in impeaching him both times. Impeachment and removal are two different things.

And there was plenty of evidence that Russia interfered in support of Trump.

Where many Democrats went wrong was pushing the notion that Trump actively colluded with the Russians in that. There was very little evidentiary support for THAT, but too many people focused too much time and effort pursuing that angle, at least in my opinion.

But he was impeached the first time for withholding support from Ukraine that Congress had already approved, in an attempt to get them to try to dig up dirt on Biden. That was most definitely an impeachable offense, and there was plenty of evidence for it.

This last time, he was impeached for inciting the Capitol riot, and IMHO, there was plenty of evidence for that as well. In fact, it seems (unless they are lying) that there was enough evidence of that for him to have been convicted in the Senate, because aside from the Republicans that voted to do so, there were several other Republicans (enough to convict) that said they only voted against it because they didn't feel the Senate could convict someone who was no longer President. So Trump (and his most ardent supporters) can live in his own little fantasy world where this latest failure to convict is some kind of vindication, but that is not what the people involved say it is.
__________________
Mister Ed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 05:11 PM   #679
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe
 
TazzMission's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: In my own head
Posts: 26,839
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ed View Post
Technically, they succeeded in impeaching him both times. Impeachment and removal are two different things.

And there was plenty of evidence that Russia interfered in support of Trump.

Where many Democrats went wrong was pushing the notion that Trump actively colluded with the Russians in that. There was very little evidentiary support for THAT, but too many people focused too much time and effort pursuing that angle, at least in my opinion.

But he was impeached the first time for withholding support from Ukraine that Congress had already approved, in an attempt to get them to try to dig up dirt on Biden. That was most definitely an impeachable offense, and there was plenty of evidence for it.

This last time, he was impeached for inciting the Capitol riot, and IMHO, there was plenty of evidence for that as well. In fact, it seems (unless they are lying) that there was enough evidence of that for him to have been convicted in the Senate, because aside from the Republicans that voted to do so, there were several other Republicans (enough to convict) that said they only voted against it because they didn't feel the Senate could convict someone who was no longer President. So Trump (and his most ardent supporters) can live in his own little fantasy world where this latest failure to convict is some kind of vindication, but that is not what the people involved say it is.
Dude if thats the case why wast there a trial for Nixon for Watergate ? Yea he resigned to avoid being impeached but the guy did illegal shit yet no trial. This is where it gets dangerous because do we start trials on former presidents and prosecute after they resigned and become private citizens? Wheres the line drawn? Start with one it affects everyone else
__________________
.................................................. ..........................

Anything you say can and will be used against you
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 05:45 PM   #680
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color
 
Mister Ed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 15,014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazzMission View Post
Dude if thats the case why wast there a trial for Nixon for Watergate ? Yea he resigned to avoid being impeached but the guy did illegal shit yet no trial. This is where it gets dangerous because do we start trials on former presidents and prosecute after they resigned and become private citizens? Wheres the line drawn? Start with one it affects everyone else
Nixon resigned so that Ford could pardon him. That's why there was no trial. Had Trump resigned to be pardoned by Pence (good luck with that, after Trump threw him under the bus for rightly refusing to exceed his Constitutional authority to help Trump try steal the election to soothe his fragile ego), there would have been no trial for him, either.
__________________
Mister Ed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 05:51 PM   #681
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe
 
TazzMission's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: In my own head
Posts: 26,839
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ed View Post
Nixon resigned so that Ford could pardon him. That's why there was no trial. Had Trump resigned to be pardoned by Pence (good luck with that, after Trump threw him under the bus for rightly refusing to exceed his Constitutional authority to help Trump try steal the election to soothe his fragile ego), there would have been no trial for him, either.
I agree he was wrong to throw pence under the bus but honestly i really do believe this is to prevent him from running in 2024 i really do. I just saw i think 2 days ago that some gop members who i dont have the names of infont of me saying even equited trump is barred and disqualifyed from running in 2024. As i said its about 2024. Also saying gathering at the Capitol isnt inciting or fight like hell isnt inciting. I can send you to many democratic politians saying fight like hell to keep trump from winning. One of those politcians being the new vp. Isnt that inciting a riot? Apparently its only inciting if your on the right. People labelled jan 6th a rebellion but specifically define rebellion. Kids rebel all the time against there parents . Hell theres people who rebel against there job for more pay better conditions and medical insurance but its called a strike. So if a person on strike says fight like hell for better medical insurance does that mean said worker is inciting a riot? People are in charge of how they react and to say one person had more power over someone in terms of decision making is asinine and a excuse. Do you know how many times i just wanted to knock someone out for almost hitting me in traffic wile walking when the light is red or when they screw up a food order i wated a hour for in terms of delivery ? As much as i want to hit said person i dont become i control my emotions. People prefer not to and would rather say i had no control or blame whoever . Its a excuse
__________________
.................................................. ..........................

Anything you say can and will be used against you

Last edited by TazzMission; 02-18-2021 at 06:07 PM.
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 05:53 PM   #682
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man
 
Agent Purple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Isengard
Posts: 14,776
Blog Entries: 3
Default

"Any Texas Republican voters that want the lights on should just vacation in Mexico, like me and my family"

-- Ted Cruz, probably
__________________
Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021
Agent Purple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 05:59 PM   #683
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color
 
Mister Ed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 15,014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazzMission View Post
I agree he was wrong to throw pence under the bus but honestly i really do believe this is to prevent him from running in 2024 i really do. I just saw i think 2 days ago that some gop members who i dont have the names of infont of me saying even equited trump is barred and disqualifyed from running in 2024. As i said its about 2024
I think that after this display of infantile petulance at losing an election, Trump SHOULD be disqualified from holding public office. I really hope that somebody finds a way to accomplish that, even though the Senate trial failed to convict. I mean Georgia has him on tape telling the Secretary of State to commit election fraud for him (don't know how anybody can spin Trump telling him to "find" him a bunch of votes any other way). That ought to come with some kind of consequences.

Fortunately, I think the GOP is beginning to realize that transforming their party into a personality cult devoted to one narcissistic blowhard is not the route to long term success. Unfortunately for them, they enabled that transformation for far too long because of the short-term power gains it produced, and now extricating themselves will likely divide the party so badly that they will have real difficulty coming back in 2024 to make a serious run at the Presidency.
__________________

Last edited by Mister Ed; 02-18-2021 at 06:02 PM.
Mister Ed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 06:05 PM   #684
Booster Beetle
Will break before he bends
 
Booster Beetle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 6,956
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Purple View Post
"Any Texas Republican voters that want the lights on should just vacation in Mexico, like me and my family"

-- Ted Cruz, probably
My neighbors continuing to vote for Rafael makes me ashamed to be Texan.

But he doesn’t take er jerbs or take er gerns so nothing will change.
__________________


Booster Beetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 06:05 PM   #685
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man
 
Agent Purple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Isengard
Posts: 14,776
Blog Entries: 3
Default

Georgia is apparently trying to alter their state constitution solely for the purpose of protecting Trump.
__________________
Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021
Agent Purple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 06:16 PM   #686
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color
 
Mister Ed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 15,014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Purple View Post
Georgia is apparently trying to alter their state constitution solely for the purpose of protecting Trump.
That's disheartening to see, after the Secretary of State showed the integrity to stand up to Trump. Fortunately, it seems unlikely to work, since they need a 2/3 majority to change the Constitution, and the GOP doesn't have that (even assuming that ALL Georgia Republicans would go along with it, which I would hope wouldn't be the case).
__________________
Mister Ed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 06:18 PM   #687
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe
 
TazzMission's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: In my own head
Posts: 26,839
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ed View Post
I think that after this display of infantile petulance at losing an election, Trump SHOULD be disqualified from holding public office. I really hope that somebody finds a way to accomplish that, even though the Senate trial failed to convict. I mean Georgia has him on tape telling the Secretary of State to commit election fraud for him (don't know how anybody can spin Trump telling him to "find" him a bunch of votes any other way). That ought to come with some kind of consequences.
But the guy from Georgia didn't. Hear me out because say if he did do what trump asked wouldnt that be the smoking gun for impeachment wich would also make him a co conspirator? All trump said was i need to find these many votes wich can mean anything. Did trump offer a bribe of said amount of money? Did trump specifically say on that recording you need to create said number of votes? Wording is very important
__________________
.................................................. ..........................

Anything you say can and will be used against you
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 06:22 PM   #688
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color
 
Mister Ed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 15,014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazzMission View Post
But the guy from Georgia didn't. Hear me out because say if he did do what trump asked wouldnt that be the smoking gun for impeachment wich would also make him a co conspirator? All trump said was i need to find these many votes wich can mean anything. Did trump offer a bribe of said amount of money? Did trump specifically say on that recording you need to create said number of votes? Wording is very important
I'm having a hard time coming up with any interpretation of "find me X number of votes", AFTER the votes have all been counted and certified, that isn't a request for election fraud. I think you are smart enough to know exactly what Trump meant by it.
__________________
Mister Ed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 06:28 PM   #689
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe
 
TazzMission's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: In my own head
Posts: 26,839
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ed View Post
I'm having a hard time coming up with any interpretation of "find me X number of votes", AFTER the votes have all been counted and certified, that isn't a request for election fraud. I think you are smart enough to know exactly what Trump meant by it.
I think people hated the guy so much there willing to twist anything really. I just think its hypocritical that before being president people adored him. People referenced him in hip-hop jay z did like 8 songs about being like him regarding having his kind of money and yet campaigns for Hilary Clinton calling him racist , misogynist ect . people watched the apprentice copied his your fired saying for years but all that changed when he ran for office. So are those people as you call them cult members?
__________________
.................................................. ..........................

Anything you say can and will be used against you

Last edited by TazzMission; 02-18-2021 at 06:31 PM.
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 06:48 PM   #690
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man
 
Agent Purple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Isengard
Posts: 14,776
Blog Entries: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ed View Post
That's disheartening to see, after the Secretary of State showed the integrity to stand up to Trump.
Hardly a man of integrity after voting twice for him. Raffensberger may not be as corrupt as some people claim but he is a jackass.
__________________
Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021
Agent Purple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 06:49 PM   #691
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man
 
Agent Purple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Isengard
Posts: 14,776
Blog Entries: 3
Default

https://www.wafb.com/2021/02/18/texa...-power-outage/

Don't worry, Ted and Greg and Dan will just blame Obamacare, as usual.
__________________
Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021
Agent Purple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 06:51 PM   #692
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color
 
Mister Ed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 15,014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazzMission View Post
I think people hated the guy so much there willing to twist anything really. I just think its hypocritical that before being president people adored him. People referenced him in hip-hop jay z did like 8 songs about being like him regarding having his kind of money and yet campaigns for Hilary Clinton calling him racist , misogynist ect . people watched the apprentice copied his your fired saying for years but all that changed when he ran for office. So are those people as you call them cult members?
Before he was President, MANY people adored him. Many did not.

I suspect that many of the people who adored him back then still adore him now. Those that have changed their minds presumably think that he makes for great entertainment as a reality TV show host, but don't want that in a President.

I know I always thought he was an ethically challenged, narcissistic man whose only real concern was self-promotion. But back then I didn't much care, because he was easy to ignore.

Not all those who supported him are cultish about it. But the ones that will take every word he says as gospel despite overwhelming evidence against it? That's cult behavior right there.
__________________
Mister Ed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 06:56 PM   #693
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color
 
Mister Ed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 15,014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Purple View Post
Hardly a man of integrity after voting twice for him. Raffensberger may not be as corrupt as some people claim but he is a jackass.
See, I'm not willing to condemn somebody just for voting for Trump. I can disagree politically without assuming the worst of people. Where I start to lose respect is when they show they are willing to support specific bad behavior.

I suppose Raffensberger might have done something I'm unaware of that falls into that category.
__________________
Mister Ed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 11:41 PM   #694
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man
 
Agent Purple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Isengard
Posts: 14,776
Blog Entries: 3
Default

Harvard professor calls war-time sex slaves "prostitutes"
__________________
Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021
Agent Purple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 06:20 PM   #695
Trey Strain
Guardian of the Universe
 
Trey Strain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 11,681
Default

You should only be an enemy to people who think it's "honorable" to cut off their daughter's head.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...Qry?li=BBnb7Kz
Trey Strain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 03:37 PM   #696
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe
 
TazzMission's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: In my own head
Posts: 26,839
Default

Illinois wants to ban all violent games because they think it is the reason behind the current carjackings in Chicago. I hate my state. I guess they missed st Valentines day massacre in 1929 before video games were even a thing. You Wouldn't believe the corruption in this shithole.
__________________
.................................................. ..........................

Anything you say can and will be used against you
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 05:11 PM   #697
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color
 
Mister Ed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 15,014
Default

I love how at the end of an article about this legislation on Eurogamer there is a link to buy Grand Theft Auto V on Amazon.
__________________
Mister Ed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 05:39 PM   #698
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe
 
TazzMission's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: In my own head
Posts: 26,839
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ed View Post
I love how at the end of an article about this legislation on Eurogamer there is a link to buy Grand Theft Auto V on Amazon.
Ha! But yeah this bill is a horrible idea. Instead of looking at the real issues they rather place the blame on whats popular like games music movies. They gave comed wich is Illinois known power company no jail time for a huge scheme back in September. Comed paid like 200 million. We also had i think 4 governors in the past who got incarcerated. People think they know the corruption here but they dont you cant even own a taser without a foid card wich is to own a firearm. Taser isnt a firearm yet need a foid card and yet people getting carjacked or shot in Chicago. Im not one to advocate violence but with all these crimes here people need to defend themselves. Im not suggesting everyone run around with guns but for legal owning gun owners they should be able to open carry without a foid card. I have a foid card i shot a few guns once at a range and before i was anti gun . Personally i prefer to use non lethal ammo like pepper balls or rubber bullets wich are legal for civilians. You can use such non lethal ammo in paintball guns usually they work in 0.68 calliber. I shot a pepper ball inside my place by accident and that pepper was no fun. Shit lasted 30 minutes. Eyes watering throat closes up. Shit is potent. Has a 4 year shelf life
__________________
.................................................. ..........................

Anything you say can and will be used against you

Last edited by TazzMission; 03-10-2021 at 05:54 PM.
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 10:47 PM   #699
Trey Strain
Guardian of the Universe
 
Trey Strain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 11,681
Default

There is no jail cell bad enough to put this man in.

https://ktla.com/news/local-news/pro...sents-by-body/
Trey Strain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 11:33 PM   #700
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man
 
Agent Purple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Isengard
Posts: 14,776
Blog Entries: 3
Default

Facebook algorithm actively promotes Holocaust denial
__________________
Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021
Agent Purple is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.