Single Cons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Single Cons

I've gotten more into conventions and taking the fam to certain ones, but I'm not on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram. Is there a single source where you could find comic shows, horror cons, Trekkie events, etc.? I keep feeling like I missed something that would be perfect but I heard about it after the fact.

You can use this link: https://www.upcomingcons.com/comic-conventions

Just from a quick review of the first month, I noticed that there are a great many cons missing; they seem to focus exclusively on the mid to large-scale cons. My recommendation would be to network with people at your LCS. I know people who own shops, so I receive my convention information from them. They tend to keep better track of upcoming con event dates as it's their business and livelihood.

I know you don't do social media, but Facebook will often send reminders of upcoming events that you "like," so that would be a good way of keeping track once you're privy to certain shows by word of mouth. You can create an account under a fake name to avoid "friends" and drama and crap, but you'll be plugged in and kept in the loop.

Comment

Originally posted by Sylent_Asassin View Post
      I know this was a while ago but thanks. I did find some links for specific kinds of cons too.

Originally posted by Sylent_Asassin View Post
      I know you don't do social media, but Facebook will often send reminders of upcoming events that you "like," so that would be a good way of keeping track once you're privy to certain shows by word of mouth. You can create an account under a fake name to avoid "friends" and drama and crap, but you'll be plugged in and kept in the loop.
      Yeah, my mother is on Facebook and she does some "events" thing that seems to track and remind you on cons. She found the one I went to yesterday (old toy con about an hour away) that way.

Comment

Get on Twitter!!! Follow the site on Twitter!

Hope that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by W.West View Post
          Get on Twitter!!! Follow the site on Twitter!

Hope that helps.
          I still have a flip phone. . . which I rarely have on me.

Comment

I hit a few sites for horror, toy, and comic shows in New England but have never found one site that does all the legwork for me. Because of that I know I have missed out on shows I would have gone to.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker View Post
              I hit a few sites for horror, toy, and comic shows in New England but have never found one site that does all the legwork for me. Because of that I know I have missed out on shows I would have gone to.
              Okay. So it's not just me. Sometimes I felt like I was the one guy not getting the newsletter. The toy con I went to last week my mother actually found because she is on Facebook and keeps an eye out for things that I (or she) might like.

Comment

Working...
              X