Green Lantern/Flash Movie Coming Xmas 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green Lantern/Flash Movie Coming Xmas 2017

DC Entertainment Planning Green Lantern/Flash Movie?

We know that Warner Bros Pictures is way behind Marvel Studios when it comes to making movies out of its comic book properties. But I have intel on what is coming up at this July’s Comic-Con from the studio. A lot of stuff remains in flux but my sources have so far:

May 2016 – Batman v Superman
    July 2016 – Shazam
    Xmas 2016 – Sandman
    May 2017 – Justice League
    July 2017 – Wonder Woman
    Xmas 2017 – Flash and Green Lantern team-up
    May 2018 – Man Of Steel 2

There had been talk of a Metal Men and Suicide Squad movie for sometime in 2016 but that project fell off the schedule.

Meanwhile, if you were wondering why Batman v Superman was delayed, it wasn’t the script or Ben Affleck or Jesse Eisenberg but with the fact that this pic will act as a launching pad for the Justice League. According to my source, “Like Marvel’s The Avengers, there will be cameos of superheroes for future installments. The cameos will include the already known Cyborg and Flash. Green Lantern [not played by Ryan Reynolds, thank god] may be introduced. And Aquaman will be seen in the Justice League movie. Problem is, Warner Bros Pictures was still negotiating with the actors for those cameos and future roles, meaning major contracts for multiple JL/character films to follow. The studio didn’t want to move forward until they had more of this secure so they held off starting production for a few months. Seemingly simple reason, but the implications are pretty darn huge.”

I'll believe it when I've purchased a ticket and am sitting in the theater.

Comment

At this point, I have zero confidence in DC, unless we're talking animation.

Comment

This will happen when pigs fly.

Comment

Yeah, I don't know how creditable this Nikki Finke person is.

From what Kevin Smith had suggested a few weeks ago, is that DC/WB will just be making Justice League flicks for the next six years. Many people bought into the reports the Dawn of Justice and the follow up film are being shot back-to-back based on the shooting schedule.
          Darth_Primus
          Guardian of the Universe
          Last edited by Darth_Primus; 06-12-2014, 10:39 PM.
          You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

Originally posted by Darth_Primus View Post
            Yeah, I don't know how creditable this Nikki Finke person is.
            Me neither, thankfully the internet exists:

Who is Nikki Finke? You may not care, but Hollywood sure does.
            Mentioning the name “Nikki Finke” in a conversation yields exactly two possibilities. The first is that people will immediately launch into a dozen stories they’ve heard about the infamous Hollywood reporter. The other is that people will give you a blank look and say they have no idea who that is.

Welcome to the disconnect between the entertainment industry and the rest of the world, but it’s a true fact: The average person living outside of Los Angeles might not know or care about Nikki Finke. But Hollywood sure does.

The gist: Nikki Finke is a very influential, ruthless entertainment industry blogger, the kind who is as obsessively covered by the media as she extensively covers the behind-the-scenes of showbiz herself. The most commonly used word to describe her always involves “fear.” (New Yorker: “Why Hollywood fears Nikki Finke.” Forbes: “Hollywood’s most-feared reporter.” New York Times: “A Hollywood Blogger Feared by Executives.”)

Part of Finke’s infamy is that she’s not afraid to get extremely personal, often posing long, nasty screeds about executives and showbiz types on her site, along with juicy rumors. Another is that she never appears in public; Gawker once offered a $1,000 reward for anyone who could find a recent photo.

Now, the story of Nikki Finke is about to take another turn. Finke, who ran her own Web site Deadline Hollywood before she parted ways with her site’s owner in a very public legal battle last fall, is scheduled to launch a new Web site on Thursday, NikkiFinke.com. She’s been mostly off the grid for seven months as part of a non-compete clause. Her Twitter feed promoted the site and promised: “There. Will. Be. Showbiz. Blood.”

“Let those wimpy Hollywood websites do glossy or garish or rewrite press releases or post stenography instead of sturm und drang,” Finke said in her first blog post on the new site (which as of Thursday afternoon, seemed to be only working for a few people). “I’m all about this town’s gritty reality exposed through the harsh glare of my reporting. And if you don’t want to read about what’s really going on in Hollywood, then for crissakes don’t click here.”

So how did she get to be so, well, feared? Finke, formerly an entertainment reporter for the Los Angeles Times, New York Post and L.A. Weekly, launched her blog in 2006. About five years ago, it was bought by media mogul Jay Penske for millions. Finke expanded the staff and became a fierce competitor for other Hollywood Web sites.

She quickly became known for her scoops and breaking news stories (always accompanying items that she had called weeks earlier with the headline “TOLDJA!”) about everything from the minutiae of Hollywood agencies to long, detailed, weekend box office reports. As veteran Hollywood agent Gavin Polone wrote in a column for Vulture back when Finke was still at Deadline, if you worked in entertainment, the first thing you would do every morning was check Finke’s site.

The most important thing for Finke was to always be first with the news. Because of her relentless pursuit of news, and the fact that that she would be very angry if a source didn’t go to her before anyone else, she often was first. You never wanted to find yourself on Finke’s bad side, or you might just see a lengthy takedown on her Web site. Eventually, that led to publicists and executive being so frightened that they did as she said. Polone wrote in Vulture:

[The] transformation from a one-woman blog to a full trade publication has given Nikki more clout and established her as the most influential deliverer of news and opinions about the entertainment industry. Studio executives, creative types, and producers now scurry to get her the first info on their developing projects; numerous times I have heard these Hollywood players saying, “Can you get Nikki to run this?” or “How should we spin this with Nikki?” or “We better give this to Nikki first or she’ll kill us.”

Indeed, part of the reason for Finke’s scary persona is that she has never shied away from blasting Hollywood executives, is fine with name-calling and is happy to print every detail of hirings, firings and other gossip. And people can’t get enough of it. As Tad Friend wrote in his New Yorker profile of Finke:

Finke portrays many of the town’s leaders as jackasses who golf at exclusive preserves, elbow underlings aside to hog the spotlight, downsize those underlings while lining their own pockets, and generally besmirch the fabric of civilization…Charles and James Dolan, who own Cablevision, are a “clown parade”; and Sumner Redstone, the chairman of Viacom, is a “crazy old coot.”

There has always been lots of backlash about Finke’s vindictive style, which many have decried as bullying. Gawker calls her a “Reclusive Hollywood rage-blogger” and investigated the times she’s taken down or rewritten posts without any note that her first information was wrong. Gawker frequently writes about what it calls “her peculiar brand of journalistic thuggery.” In Polone’s Vulture column (“Apocalypse Nikki: Polone Challenges the Power of the Vengeful Finke”), he urged people to stop checking Finke’s site and sending her tips:

Part of the reason that Nikki has continued to act in such an uncivil and threatening manner is that her conduct is reinforced by those in Hollywood who, terrified, choose a path of appeasement rather than confront or ignore her. The most fascinating element of the Nikki story is that people in this industry fear her and invest power in her. She has no real power: She can’t fire anyone at the studios, and she can’t influence the audience of films or TV.

And yet, Finke is back to her old games with her new site. In a lengthy first post titled “Why I Started NikkiFinke.com” (in which she says she’s back after “7 soul-crushing months” of her non-compete clause with Deadline), she promises her new venture is “not for the easily offended or ridiculously naïve.”

In true form, she goes after her former Web site and all of her Hollywood trade competitors.

I want to be your cruel and quirky alternative to Deadlame and Valiety and The Hollywood Unreported and TheCrap. To zig when others zag. To tell you the hard truths about Hollywood which its publicity machine works overtime to ensure you never read. To instill a sense of us-against-them community that’s missing when only the rich-and-famous matter to the media.

Again: If you have no connection to the entertainment industry, you probably don’t care. But if you do, or are remotely curious about the weird world of Hollywood insiders, it’s hard to look away.
            Hypo
            Lil' Leaguer
            Last edited by Hypo; 06-12-2014, 10:41 PM.

Comment

whether this is real or not (yes i too have next to no faith in DC or WB getting there/their/they're sh!t together when it comes to comic book movies outside of Superman and Batman )

< link here

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

Well, Nikki Finke appears to be creditable and I remember reports a few weeks about there being a Shazam and Sandman movies in the works. Like most everyone else, I'm skeptical.

However, it's interesting that there isn't a Batman flick on the schedule.
                You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

Of course all that junk about Finke just serves to show that she probably isn't simply making this stuff up. It says nothing about how likely that list is to actually happen. I'm prepared to believe that somewhere there actually exists a list made by official WB insiders that looks like that. I'm just skeptical that it will survive intact until all that stuff actually gets made.

Comment

It could be a fluff piece to get hits to her new/restart website. But I think it would be a big risk for her is she is wrong about this report. I mean, it would totally destroy her credibility and getting her new website started on the right foot.

I'm both hopeful and skeptical.

Comment

The only way it would hurt her, I would think, is if it becomes obvious that they never had any such plans. I doubt her credibility would take much of a hit if WB doesn't actually manage to put out half the stuff on that list, or timetable ends up being totally different. If they actually made such plans, and she reported them, then they didn't manage to follow through on those plans, that would reflect badly on THEM, not her, I'd think, especially if she is as powerful a force as we are led to believe.

Comment

Oh, I understand about the films being made. That's not what would hurt her creditability, but rather if the films she listed will be announced by the studio at this year's ComicCon as stated in the article.

But I have intel on what is coming up at this July’s Comic-Con from the studio. A lot of stuff remains in flux but my sources have so far:

May 2016 – Batman v Superman
                        July 2016 – Shazam
                        Xmas 2016 – Sandman
                        May 2017 – Justice League
                        July 2017 – Wonder Woman
                        Xmas 2017 – Flash and Green Lantern team-up
                        May 2018 – Man Of Steel 2
                        Even if the films are not made or on schedule, but they are announced at this year's ComicCon then she would hold a lot of creditability.

Comment

Ah, I missed that bit.

Yeah, that could hurt a bit if they didn't make an announcement she said they would, unless she somehow manages to spin it that they changed their minds between now and then.

Comment

I'm ready for this honestly. It's what DC needs to stay relevant in the eyes of the general public. Shazam coming after DoJ makes me think they'll shoehorn him into the JL flick and save Aquaman for a solo film in another 4 or 5 years after the universe gets going. Sandman more than likely would be set apart unless for some reason they give us some strange New52-ish spin on the characters more associated with the WWII era hero than the Neil Gaiman stuff so they can have all their big name characters in the same basket for JL. Flash/GL will only work if the actors have that kinda bromance chemistry in the JL first, and unless its Barry and Hal I don't wanna even go into it anymore. I'm still crossing my fingers Arrow and Flash cross over into the DC cinematic universe from their shows.

Batman will more than likely be the Fury of this universe so Ben can have time to do his own directing and or acting in other films. Which would be a treat with the focus not being completely on Batman for once. Although more fans would probably see DCU films JUST to see how Batman played into it somewhere after the credits or during a plot shift in the middle of a film.

Man of Steel 2 would be sweet if they used the New52 spin to introduce both Supergirl and apparently her dad/Kal's uncle as Cyborg Superman. I know I'd be completely up for something like that in film.

~KL~

Comment

Why is there no Justice League Dark/Trenchcoat Brigade/Shadowpact movie by Guillermo del Toro on this list?

Comment

Working...
                              X