X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DC Comics JUNE 2020 Solicitations

Comment

• In Catwoman #24 we finally get the long awaited return of one of the most insane comics characters ever created....

SNOWFLAME!

(it's the villain who got powers from cocaine lol)

EDIT: AND GEOFF JOHNS IS NO LONGER WRITING SHAZAM?!?
      Ωmega Man
      Guardian of the Universe
      Last edited by Ωmega Man; 03-14-2020, 02:13 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ωmega Man View Post
        EDIT: AND GEOFF JOHNS IS NO LONGER WRITING SHAZAM?!?
        Just a fill-in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael Heide View Post
          Just a fill-in.
          I was about to get super annoyed LOL.

He basically did to Shazam what he did to Green Lantern, creating another handful of variations of the central characters in different colored suits.

Have they given Mary a new codename since Mary Marvel is out the window? Calling Freddy Blue Marvel is definitely not an option since Marvel took the name for another character. It's just ridiculous tiptoeing around giving them all codenames. And now Billy's biological father is part of the family and looking somewhat anti-Shazam with his color swapped variation of Billy's suit ala Reverse Flash.

If DC isn't going to let anyone else do stuff with those older classic Fawcett characters, they should let Geoff incorporate some of them into his Shazam. I'd love to see him do something with Bulletman, Spy Smasher, Minuteman, etc. and bring them into the modern era.

Comment

• My pull list isn't looking too bad for that month either.

DCeased, Three Jokers, Death Metal, Strange Adventures, Aquaman, Batman TAC, Batman Beyond, the Flash, the Green Lantern, Hawkman (which has been consistently good), JL Dark, LoSH, Man Bat, the Question, Shazam, the Terrifics, and Young Justice.

I'll likely grab Superman for the Dr. Fate appearance, and Catwoman for the stuff with Snowflame that month too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypo View Post
              A few thoughts:
              • A DCeased Sequel was a no brainer. Excited to see what Tom Taylor has cooked up
              • I find it hard to make myself care about Three Jokers especially when we're so far removed from Johns JL stuff. Hopefully Jason Fabok will free up soon to work on other projects.
              • I also find it hard to care about Death Metal
              • As a Tynion on Batman doubter I have enjoyed the heck out of his run so far
              • We seem to be inching closer and closer to end of the Ric Grayson...just let it end already DC
              • I think Mariko Tamaki is a slam dunk pick for the Wonder Woman book
              • Sean Gordon Murphy and David Marquez's cover art doesn't seem up to their usual standards
              • "Legion of Zoom" made me laugh
              • Surprised to see Venditti off JL so quickly, wonder if we'll just get a new team every arc for a while
              • Johns ends his Shazam run not with a bang but with a whimper seems like
              • The second Generations one shot being missing from the June solicits seems entirely predictable. One retailer was informed that the first issue will be re-solicited.
              • Covers I like:

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael Heide View Post
                Just a fill-in.
                Boo.

Comment

• I really like that Wonder Woman design. That's how you tweak something and modernize it the right way.

Comment

• And again with the sword and shield.

Comment

• Bleeding Cool: DC Comics' Printer Closes Tomorrow

Comment

• DC Launches Online 'Kids Camp' for Children Home From School
                        For parents trying to juggle watching their kids and get their work done during COVID-19-related self-quarantine and shelter-at-home policies, it’s time for superheroes to come to the rescue. DC has launched DC Kids Camp, an at-home activity program curated by creators behind DC’s middle grade and YA graphic novels running through DC’s social media channels.

Videos will be posted at 10 a.m. PT to the @dccomicskids Twitter account and @dckids Instagram accounts, beginning with Wednesday's “Make a Green Lantern Ring With Minh Lê” video, featuring Green Lantern: Legacy writer Lê; Thursday’s video will be “Superman Origami With Gene Luen Yang,” with Friday featuring “Make Your Own Superhero With Dustin Hansen.”

Future creators to feature as part of DC Kids Camp include Diana: Princess of the Amazons’ Shannon and Dean Hale, Ridley Pearson of the Super Sons trilogy of graphic novels, and Brittney Williams, artist of Lois Lane and the Friendship Challenge.

Additionally, activity sheets, coloring pages and further content will be available via the Twitter and Instagram accounts, with a newsletter being sent twice weekly — Mondays and Fridays — also being available for signup.

DC Kids Camp is the first such service set up by a U.S. comics publisher, but British comics weekly The Phoenix has been running a similar activity service on its Twitter account since the start of this week, and 2000 AD released an activity pack last week featuring the kid-friendly 2000 AD Regened versions of its characters.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypo View Post
                          Boo.

Comment

• THIS gives me hope for the future of the industry. During the health crisis DC should look at everything across the board and see where they can get back to basics to appeal to a younger and broader audience. Instead of wasting time and resources chasing after the approval of minority groups within minority groups who are more invested in things like social media than going out of their way to buy a new comic regularly, the people calling the shots need to make them more kid friendly/all ages and market them outside of just specialty comic shops to make them more accessible.

Comment

• There is no hope for the industry. It's going down in flames.

Comment

• What the heck is going on this week? DC still lists books being released this week (I have 6 for April 1) but Previews confirms the halt from Diamond (they are not even listing new books). Where are these books going?

Comment

Working...
                                X