The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Green Lanternverse > Sector 0
FLASHCHAT

Sector 0
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2020, 05:46 PM   #101
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color
 
Mister Ed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 14,889
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazzMission View Post
And yet he still stayed. Wouldnt you think if it was truly that bad he'd quit? Why stay at a job you say is toxic? Wb or any workplace cant force people stay at a place they hate working for
So your contention is that, if a workplace is toxic, rather than complain and try to hold the people there accountable, they should just leave and let things there continue as they have been? I dare say a lot of people HAVE taken that approach, and I don't blame them, but you seem to be implying that presented with a toxic workplace, people's first and only recourse should just be to leave, and that if they don't then it must not have really been toxic. I don't know the facts of this case, so I don't know if things were really toxic or not, but I think the idea that people must be driven to quit before they can even complain about a workplace environment seems...wrong.
__________________
Mister Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 06:07 PM   #102
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe
 
TazzMission's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: In my own head
Posts: 26,381
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ed View Post
So your contention is that, if a workplace is toxic, rather than complain and try to hold the people there accountable, they should just leave and let things there continue as they have been? I dare say a lot of people HAVE taken that approach, and I don't blame them, but you seem to be implying that presented with a toxic workplace, people's first and only recourse should just be to leave, and that if they don't then it must not have really been toxic. I don't know the facts of this case, so I don't know if things were really toxic or not, but I think the idea that people must be driven to quit before they can even complain about a workplace environment seems...wrong.
If a job dosent do a investigation after the first complaint than yes. If a company didnt do it after the first complaint you really think there going to listen after 2 3 4 5 more times? Im not going to be a hypocrite and say this never happened to me because it has. The more you complain there going to say its you with the problem and you have to look at yourself. Why do you thnk i do odd jobs from home? Me i cant handle toxic work environment's. Sure i miss what i made because i made good money but its not worth my sanity knowing a toxic work environment will make me either not wanna go in or get violent where i may hit someone . Ive always been 100 percent honest on this forum yes i have anger issues yes i have aspergers to where i interpret things the wrong way but i dont use it as a excuse to go at my former employer . Believe me its not easy but i dont believe in using it as a copout. If i know i cant make any headway of finding some common ground i leave because its a fight i know i cant win. Nowadays people use racism and sexism to twist the arm to get a better position or money . Thats not me homie
__________________
.................................................. ..........................

If you want evidence of unintelligent extraterrestrial life existing look at the Chicago mayor lori lightfoot , lori lightfoot phone home

Last edited by TazzMission; 09-16-2020 at 06:18 PM.
TazzMission is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 06:10 PM   #103
jhpace1
Star Sapphire's Love Slave
 
jhpace1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Graham, NC, USA
Posts: 355
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Blue Lantern View Post
Yes. There are numerous actions that could be unprofessional in just about any workplace. There are lines that can't be crossed. Momoa said "serious stuff went down." None of us know what that means exactly, but that kind of accusation must be carefully and thoroughly investigated.
It's not just the actors at Hollywood. The directors of Hollywood films have been screwing up novels and screenplays for decades. An author writes a book; a comic like Green Lantern gets made. The story becomes popular enough that people want to see the novel/comic book/graphic novel made into a movie. The fans trust the movie to be "faithful" to the novel/comic book.

Just the opposite happens. The director, be it a person straight out of "film school" or a big-name person, decides to put "their interpretation" on the film. The film is then like Michael Bay's Transformers (2007): a movie with all the names of the TV series, many of the voices of the TV series, and nothing like the TV series. It had 13-year-old humor despite the cutting-edge special effects. A plot a kindergartner could have written. Years later, you learn the movie was actually intended to be a U.S. military propaganda and recruitment film, not a film faithful to the original TV series.

Take any popular novel or series from the Boomer or Generation X years and rinse, wash, repeat.

So can the writers and editors of the DCU skyscraper keep Green Lantern viable for the next 5 years, let alone the next 20? Will they fall back on Geoff Jones? Will they jump the shark (again. And again. And again.)? Do we have to have a multi-billionaire "true fan" who has to come in, clean house, and set a 5-year timeline that the staff will follow? Or would all the liberal art majors quit for Marvel, Inc. at that point?
jhpace1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 06:13 PM   #104
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color
 
Mister Ed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 14,889
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazzMission View Post
If a job dosent do a investigation after the first complaint than yes. If a company didnt do it after the first complaint you really think there going to listen after 2 3 4 5 more times? Im not going to be a hypocrite and say this never happened to me because it has. The more you complain there going to say its you with the problem and you have to look at yourself. Why do you thnk i do odd jobs from home? Me i cant handle toxic work environment's. Sure i miss what i made because i made good money but its not worth my sanity knowing a toxic work environment will make me either not wanna go in or get violent where i may hit someone .
And I don't blame you for going that route. I might well do the same. But just because we might do that doesn't mean I'm going to react negatively to someone who doesn't go that route, and tries to actually hold their employers accountable, and I'm not going to tell that person THEY should have quit, or insist that it couldn't have been that bad if they didn't do so.
__________________

Last edited by Mister Ed; 09-16-2020 at 06:16 PM.
Mister Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 06:26 PM   #105
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe
 
TazzMission's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: In my own head
Posts: 26,381
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ed View Post
And I don't blame you for going that route. I might well do the same. But just because we might do that doesn't mean I'm going to react negatively to someone who doesn't go that route, and tries to actually hold their employers accountable, and I'm not going to tell that person THEY should have quit, or insist that it couldn't have been that bad if they didn't do so.
Ok say a investigation does happen and nothing was found and ray fisher still cant accept the decision and continues to go at wb when does it become a disgruntled employee or not political? Should he be fired or Should wb do a second investigation knowing the first one turned up nothing? How will ray fishers behavior of attacking his employer help his career? People wont wanna work with him because hes causing trouble.
__________________
.................................................. ..........................

If you want evidence of unintelligent extraterrestrial life existing look at the Chicago mayor lori lightfoot , lori lightfoot phone home

Last edited by TazzMission; 09-16-2020 at 06:29 PM.
TazzMission is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 06:59 PM   #106
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color
 
Mister Ed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 14,889
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazzMission View Post
Ok say a investigation does happen and nothing was found and ray fisher still cant accept the decision and continues to go at wb when does it become a disgruntled employee or not political? Should he be fired or Should wb do a second investigation knowing the first one turned up nothing? How will ray fishers behavior of attacking his employer help his career? People wont wanna work with him because hes causing trouble.
Ask my opinion on those specific hypotheticals when they come to pass. Right now, I'm just addressing the idea in general. I have no idea what actually happened in this case, I'm just saying that the GENERAL notions of expecting people to quit rather than complain, and the idea that it couldn't have been that bad if they DIDN'T quit, are not ideas I can support, even if I personally would probably go the "avoid serious confrontation" route.
__________________
Mister Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 06:09 AM   #107
Big Blue Lantern
Corps Honor Guard
 
Big Blue Lantern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,427
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ed View Post
And I don't blame you for going that route. I might well do the same. But just because we might do that doesn't mean I'm going to react negatively to someone who doesn't go that route, and tries to actually hold their employers accountable, and I'm not going to tell that person THEY should have quit, or insist that it couldn't have been that bad if they didn't do so.
About 20 years ago, I worked at a job that seemed to get worse by the day. It wasn't one specific aspect that soured me on it, but many small things over time. Employees were asked to work overtime on the spur of the moment with no extra compensation, we were asked to use our personal vehicles for work reasons, we were told that we had to store and administer any personal medications in our vehicles and never bring them into an agency building. These were a few of the things about which I complained during my time there. I was always answered with some version of "This is your job, and this is what we expect."

I reached my breaking point after the 3rd or 4th impromptu, all-day training. This was an assisted living type of job for people with disabilities where I took care of clients in the evening and stayed with them overnight. This last training meant that I couldn't go home for 2 days. I quit, but I used the intervening time between my notice and my last day to file a grievance. I made sure to point out that some of the practices at the agency were unethical, and in some cases, illegal. I did so not because I wanted the job back, but to prove a point.

Like you, I can't fairly judge the Fisher situation from afar. However, he's got every right to advocate for himself, regardless of the outcome.
__________________
Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1
Big Blue Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 01:54 PM   #108
Trey Strain
Guardian of the Universe
 
Trey Strain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 11,394
Default

If anybody claims that someone in Hollywood is an ass, I'm inclined to believe that person.
Trey Strain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 02:35 PM   #109
Space Cop
The Dandy
 
Space Cop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: The Third State
Posts: 27,592
Blog Entries: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
If anybody claims that someone in Hollywood is an ass, I'm inclined to believe that person.
__________________
Space Cop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 02:57 PM   #110
Trey Strain
Guardian of the Universe
 
Trey Strain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 11,394
Default

Besides that, we've seen good evidence that Geoff Johns was never the "golly gee whiz" character he presented himself as being.
Trey Strain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 09:43 AM   #111
Big Blue Lantern
Corps Honor Guard
 
Big Blue Lantern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,427
Default

Fisher isn't happy with the investigation. He's requested a new investigator.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/cosmicb...stigator%3famp
__________________
Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1
Big Blue Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 01:57 PM   #112
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer
 
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: At Toshi Station picking up some power converters
Posts: 16,702
Default

Screw this Fisher guy!
__________________
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 02:28 PM   #113
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe
 
TazzMission's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: In my own head
Posts: 26,381
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Blue Lantern View Post
Fisher isn't happy with the investigation. He's requested a new investigator.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/cosmicb...stigator%3famp
Sigh this entitled dbag will never be happy they should just get rid of him
__________________
.................................................. ..........................

If you want evidence of unintelligent extraterrestrial life existing look at the Chicago mayor lori lightfoot , lori lightfoot phone home
TazzMission is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 04:51 AM   #114
Big Blue Lantern
Corps Honor Guard
 
Big Blue Lantern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,427
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazzMission View Post
Sigh this entitled dbag will never be happy they should just get rid of him
The optics would be a horrendous if they did, and it's likely that WB has an internal policy that prevents any retaliatory action by the studio against this grievance. Especially given that Momoa is backing up Fisher's claims, WarnerMedia has to be extremely careful with how they handle this. This situation could get infinitely worse if it's botched.
__________________
Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Last edited by Big Blue Lantern; 09-22-2020 at 05:41 PM.
Big Blue Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 01:37 PM   #115
Trey Strain
Guardian of the Universe
 
Trey Strain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 11,394
Default

I don't think he made it up. I'd bet that he didn't.
Trey Strain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 05:47 PM   #116
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe
 
TazzMission's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: In my own head
Posts: 26,381
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Blue Lantern View Post
The optics would be a horrendous if they did, and it's likely that WB has an internal policy that prevents any retaliatory action by the studio against this grievance. Especially given that Momoa is backing up Fisher's claims, WarnerMedia has to be extremely careful with how they handle this. This is situation could get infinitely worse if it's botched.
But when does a actor or employee become a huge problem for the studio? Say wb caves gives him what he wants regarding a new third party to investigate what else will he complain about if nothing is found? This guy is becoming a issue and disgruntled. Also if momoa really backs fisher and the power momoa has why dosent he threaten to leave aquaman if nothing is done? Lets be real zoe kravits is only catwoman because momoa is her step dad. Momoa has some pull. Im just saying if people think wb is so bad there in no rush to quit. Thats why i feel this is more about pc woke bs. Look at the awards wich was the oscars or whatever show recently it was black exclusive calling it a win for people of color. Funny thing is not one Latino at that show. Even white people were excluded. Hollywood has become so pc and woke its batshit crazy
__________________
.................................................. ..........................

If you want evidence of unintelligent extraterrestrial life existing look at the Chicago mayor lori lightfoot , lori lightfoot phone home

Last edited by TazzMission; 09-22-2020 at 05:54 PM.
TazzMission is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 05:02 AM   #117
Big Blue Lantern
Corps Honor Guard
 
Big Blue Lantern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,427
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazzMission View Post
But when does a actor or employee become a huge problem for the studio? Say wb caves gives him what he wants regarding a new third party to investigate what else will he complain about if nothing is found? This guy is becoming a issue and disgruntled. Also if momoa really backs fisher and the power momoa has why dosent he threaten to leave aquaman if nothing is done? Lets be real zoe kravits is only catwoman because momoa is her step dad. Momoa has some pull. Im just saying if people think wb is so bad there in no rush to quit. Thats why i feel this is more about pc woke bs. Look at the awards wich was the oscars or whatever show recently it was black exclusive calling it a win for people of color. Funny thing is not one Latino at that show. Even white people were excluded. Hollywood has become so pc and woke its batshit crazy
You hit on an important aspect of this investigation. WB has already had contract negotiation problems with Henry Cavill, development problems with Wonder Woman, and now a serious disagreement with Ray Fisher. The last thing the studio needs is Momoa calling them out for insufficiently addressing a workplace problem. The longer that this drags on while Fisher calls out WarnerMedia on social sites, the worse this is for the studio.
__________________
Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1
Big Blue Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 05:07 AM   #118
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe
 
TazzMission's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: In my own head
Posts: 26,381
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Blue Lantern View Post
You hit on an important aspect of this investigation. WB has already had contract negotiation problems with Henry Cavill, development problems with Wonder Woman, and now a serious disagreement with Ray Fisher. The last thing the studio needs is Momoa calling them out for insufficiently addressing a workplace problem. The longer that this drags on while Fisher calls out WarnerMedia on social sites, the worse this is for the studio.
I just think its waisting everyones time . By no means am i sticking up for wb but with the world on hold with this virus and buiesnesses losing money and films being pushed back the last thing anyone wants to hear is a winey bitch entitled actor complaining . Its like mother fucker the world is about ( ray fisher ) you. Also henry cavil resigned to play superman in 3 more films. No word of mos 2 but i would guess he appears in flashpoint shazam maybe black Adam for those 3 films
__________________
.................................................. ..........................

If you want evidence of unintelligent extraterrestrial life existing look at the Chicago mayor lori lightfoot , lori lightfoot phone home

Last edited by TazzMission; 09-23-2020 at 05:12 AM.
TazzMission is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 11:27 AM   #119
Big Blue Lantern
Corps Honor Guard
 
Big Blue Lantern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,427
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazzMission View Post
I just think its waisting everyones time . By no means am i sticking up for wb but with the world on hold with this virus and buiesnesses losing money and films being pushed back the last thing anyone wants to hear is a winey bitch entitled actor complaining . Its like mother fucker the world is about ( ray fisher ) you. Also henry cavil resigned to play superman in 3 more films. No word of mos 2 but i would guess he appears in flashpoint shazam maybe black Adam for those 3 films
The pandemic and the unemployment rate are irrelevant to this situation. I'm sure there are employees filing grievances at businesses all over the country in 2020. He's just more high-profile. From the consistency of his claims and the ardor by which he's pursing vindication, it's clear that *he believes* that he was wronged in some egregious way. As his employer, Warnermedia has no choice but to investigate his claims thoroughly.
__________________
Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1
Big Blue Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 02:33 AM   #120
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe
 
TazzMission's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: In my own head
Posts: 26,381
Default

Apparently he's demanding double pay from wb and multiple scenes in the flashpoint movie according to the Hollywood reporter. People still want to argue this guy dosent have a ego or agenda? I guess this negates his wb is racist bs. Also it was announced by variety and the rock that hawkman will be portrayed by aldis hodge in black Adam. No knock on him but hawkman aint black. Dc wb with there woke identity politics agenda
__________________
.................................................. ..........................

If you want evidence of unintelligent extraterrestrial life existing look at the Chicago mayor lori lightfoot , lori lightfoot phone home

Last edited by TazzMission; 09-26-2020 at 02:39 AM.
TazzMission is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 04:23 AM   #121
Andrew NDB
Shot Caller
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Evergreen State
Posts: 14,434
Blog Entries: 5
Send a message via Yahoo to Andrew NDB
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazzMission View Post
Hollywood with guys like sly stalone say oh just forgive him it was just a bad time in his life.
What did Stallone get accused of? I recall the story about 2 years ago with the lady claiming he and his bodyguard raped her in the 90s... but there didn't seem to be much merit to it.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 04:34 PM   #122
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe
 
TazzMission's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: In my own head
Posts: 26,381
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
What did Stallone get accused of? I recall the story about 2 years ago with the lady claiming he and his bodyguard raped her in the 90s... but there didn't seem to be much merit to it.
Im refering to his friendship with mel Gibson who left threatening voice males to his wife in like 2009 2010. Sly defended him saying he should be forgiven when promoting expendables 3. The recordings are on youtube. The Guys a pos imo
__________________
.................................................. ..........................

If you want evidence of unintelligent extraterrestrial life existing look at the Chicago mayor lori lightfoot , lori lightfoot phone home
TazzMission is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 02:17 AM   #123
Andrew NDB
Shot Caller
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Evergreen State
Posts: 14,434
Blog Entries: 5
Send a message via Yahoo to Andrew NDB
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazzMission View Post
Im refering to his friendship with mel Gibson who left threatening voice males to his wife in like 2009 2010. Sly defended him saying he should be forgiven when promoting expendables 3. The recordings are on youtube. The Guys a pos imo
So Stallone is a bad guy because he thinks Gibson should be forgiven? Well, he's welcome to his opinion.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 02:48 AM   #124
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe
 
TazzMission's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: In my own head
Posts: 26,381
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
So Stallone is a bad guy because he thinks Gibson should be forgiven? Well, he's welcome to his opinion.
For me and only speaking for me i think anyone that know him and stands up for him are terrible. All i can say is this listen to the messages than decide if Gibson deserves forgiveness. People wont call him a racist for what he said about jews but people will when they hear him say his wife is risking being raped by a pack of n words. He also threatened to burn his wife alive. Listen to the messages
__________________
.................................................. ..........................

If you want evidence of unintelligent extraterrestrial life existing look at the Chicago mayor lori lightfoot , lori lightfoot phone home
TazzMission is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 04:18 AM   #125
Big Blue Lantern
Corps Honor Guard
 
Big Blue Lantern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,427
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazzMission View Post
Apparently he's demanding double pay from wb and multiple scenes in the flashpoint movie according to the Hollywood reporter. People still want to argue this guy dosent have a ego or agenda?
He's disputing that claim and accusing WB of libel. I'm losing hope for an easy resolution as each day passes.
https://www.cbr.com/ray-fisher-dispu...-double-offer/
__________________
Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1
Big Blue Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.